EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

As per Josh's request
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11056
Page 1 of 1

Author:  hunter88 [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  As per Josh's request

Quote:
rpedog wrote:
Francione is a good example of the kind of intellectual idiot that is a cancer in society.


And I wondered why you are the most "ignored" user on our system (yes, you can ignore people here). There's a real discussion happening here and you need to drop this vitriol without adding anything? I'm not going to put up with this any more. This type of post is off topic and will no longer be accepted here. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

To be clear... I have no problem with people being opposed to others' views. I do have a problem with consistent vitriol that does not actually contribute to a dialogue about the issues. I've reached my limit with this and will start banning people if it continues (regardless of "side" of the issue). If you want to discuss this, do so in the feedback section.

-josh


I assume Ante will also fall under this rule, with his constant posting of videos or so called art work that has nothing to do with the discussion. But is instead designed to belittle those that do not see things his way, rather then add anything of substance to the discussion.

If you'd like some examples of this, just check any discussion Ante has been in that has lasted more then 2 pages.

As a side note, I am not posting this to defend repdog. The statement did not add to the discussion. But neither do the things Ante posts. I just want to see if as moderator you can be fair to both sides, or if Ante is going to catch a break when he does the same thing.

Author:  rpedog [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: As per Josh's request

hunter88 wrote:
The statement did not add to the discussion. But neither do the things Ante posts. I just want to see if as moderator you can be fair to both sides, or if Ante is going to catch a break when he does the same thing.


No my statement did not add to the discussion. It was done, as were the others, to make a point.

Author:  Fosgate [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: As per Josh's request

rpedog wrote:
I'll say it again. It says a lot about you that you'd mention that and that you continually ignore jabs from the 'other side'.


Had you noticed part about having reached a limit:

Josh Knauer wrote:
I've reached my limit with this...


...you'd have realized how your point above is rendered moot. It's very simple. No crap from any "side" will be tolerated from this point forward.

hunter88 wrote:
I assume Ante will also fall under this rule


Surely you understand:

josh knauer wrote:
regardless of "side" of the issue


If you don't and must have your nose wiped for you, stick around and I'm sure the problem will eventually take care of itself.

Author:  rpedog [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: As per Josh's request

Fosgate wrote:
rpedog wrote:
I'll say it again. It says a lot about you that you'd mention that and that you continually ignore jabs from the 'other side'.


Had you noticed part about having reached a limit:


I've noticed a lot of things.

Author:  hunter88 [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: As per Josh's request

Quote:
hunter88 wrote:
I assume Ante will also fall under this rule


Surely you understand:


josh knauer wrote:
regardless of "side" of the issue


If you don't and must have your nose wiped for you, stick around and I'm sure the problem will eventually take care of itself.


Just curious will it be you or Josh wiping my nose?

It is nice to see you consider someone questioning fairness as childish behavior. But then I'm not really surprised.

Should I assume by stick around, that means you will do nothing when it comes to Ante, but rather let him rant on without warning until such time as he crosses the line and is once again banned?

I don't suppose it has occured to you that he continues on because he knows he can. He can post as much off topic stuff he wants without fear of a moderator warning him about going off topic. So in a sense it is you, the moderators, that are responsible. You let him get away with going off topic, and then warn those that disagree with him. Which of course just makes Ante bolder.

So it seems repdog is not the problem, and Ante is not the problem. The problem is the moderators not doing an openly fair job of asking those that are off topic to stay on topic. Bet you didn't see that one coming. :wink:

Author:  Fosgate [ Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: As per Josh's request

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/