EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fos
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

May I ask why my one word post to Steve was deleted?

Wait, let me guess. You're going to tell me it was off topic. :roll:

Post subject: Re: Fos
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:58 pm 

hunter88 wrote:

From the jist of your recent message, I took it that you'd rather settle this here. Very well. You claim that if your post was off topic, then so were the two posted before it.

So, report whatever other posts you believe were off topic and appeal. It's that simple.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm 

Fosgate wrote:
hunter88 wrote:

From the jist of your recent message, I took it that you'd rather settle this here. Very well. You claim that if your post was off topic, then so were the two posted before it.

So, report whatever other posts you believe were off topic and appeal. It's that simple.

And if he loses his appeal in the lower court then can he appeal it to a higher one?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 pm 

Actually I'd prefer clearing up what is or isn't acceptable as far as off topic posts are concerned. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've taken from what you said to me, and what you've posted yourself. If part of the post talks about the subject matter, then the post is acceptable. Your actual words to me were.

Quote:
Fos said
Had you reverted to the intended subject matter of the thread in your post below, everything would have been fine. You did not and therefore rendered the entire post off topic.

To me this say's the off topic portion would have been left alone because you said everything would have been fine. But to be fine, I'd have to put something in the post that was on topic. An example might be your post on Grizzly's aquarium thread. Everyone said they couldn't see the pictures, and you posted this.

Quote:
Fos wrote
I see them, and I voted for Mcain/Palin. That must be it.

Clearly the McCain/Palin comment is off topic, but you talked about the pictures which is on topic. So your entire post stayed and you didn't issue yourself a warning about being off topic when talking about how you voted.

Now at this point I should defend you with your McCAin/Palin comment. Because you were only responding to Josh's off topic comment concerning McCain/Palin.

Quote:
Nope, I don't see them either. Maybe you had to vote for McCain/Palin to see them?

-josh

So it appears both you and Josh went off topic, but did include the topic, so both of your posts stayed unedited and neither of you got a warning.

Or in a case like this do you warn him, and then he warns you? :mrgreen:

So what I'm getting out of what you said to me, and what you and Josh have posted in other threads, is you can go off topic in a post, as long as you get back on topic before you hit the submit button.

If the entire post is off topic, the post is deleted and a warning is issued. But if some portion of the post relates to the topic the entire post will stay. At least that is the case in your post and Josh's post on the aquarium thread.

I hope this will clarify the off topic rule for everyone, and everyone may now feel a little more at ease when they post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm 

If anyone is incapable of understanding what I've stated already regarding off topic posts to hunter (he quoted it above), then it is in their best interest to refrain entirely from making off topic remarks in a post regardless of whether or not they attempt to steer back on to target.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:42 pm 

SiberD wrote:
And if he loses his appeal in the lower court then can he appeal it to a higher one?

The "lower court" has already decided. What Hunter chooses to do at this stage of the game is his prerogative.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]