EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1572
Page 1 of 2

Author:  arc108 [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:56 am ]
Post subject:  did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

and if so please say why

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

arc108 wrote:
Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

and if so please say why


It was me. In one of the threads it was pointed out there was a thread on Jerky recipes, which Josh deleted because it did not pertain to Animal Concerns. There followed a comment concerning other recipes being left and when I looked back I found that thread. Since recipes were not an Animal Concern issue, I deleted that thread as well.

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

Wayne Stollings wrote:
arc108 wrote:
Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

and if so please say why


It was me. In one of the threads it was pointed out there was a thread on Jerky recipes, which Josh deleted because it did not pertain to Animal Concerns. There followed a comment concerning other recipes being left and when I looked back I found that thread. Since recipes were not an Animal Concern issue, I deleted that thread as well.



A move towards fairness Wayne. That helps .

Author:  phantomuk [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:02 am ]
Post subject: 

He jumped the gun ARC :roll:

Author:  josh knauer [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

Wayne Stollings wrote:
arc108 wrote:
Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

and if so please say why


It was me. In one of the threads it was pointed out there was a thread on Jerky recipes, which Josh deleted because it did not pertain to Animal Concerns. There followed a comment concerning other recipes being left and when I looked back I found that thread. Since recipes were not an Animal Concern issue, I deleted that thread as well.


I should have explained why I deleted the jerky recipe thread more clearly (which I did not). Posting a jerky recipe thread in an animal concerns forum is sort of like yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't one. The only reason someone does it is to cause trouble. This is a very gray area, and there are many other postings from both sides that are probably just there to tweak the "other" side, but this was a blatant one, and so I took action.

As for other recipes (or recipes in general), there are literally hundreds if not thousands of recipe-specific sites that archive recipes of all types (including vegan, vegetarian, fruitarian, meat-heavy, etc.). I think in general these fall under the same category as news articles. There's no reason to post entire recipes here unless it is in direct response to a request and is non-incendiary.

In general, there's really no reason to post the entirety of any non-original work here if it can be linked to elsewhere on line. That's the beauty of the net.

-josh

Author:  Fosgate [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh shoot I'm sorry. I thought recipes fell under "etc." since they've been around for some time. Alrighty then! No recipes! :shock:

Author:  josh knauer [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 am ]
Post subject: 

Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?




Hi Josh


One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..

Author:  josh knauer [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?

Hi Josh

One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..


Donnie... I have always been criticized for selectively applying rules, which I do for exactly the reason you expressed. There are always exceptions to rules and in my mind rules are guidelines, not strict orthodoxy.

-josh

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?




Hi Josh


One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..


Just to be clear, that was me changing that title too .... :oops:

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?




Hi Josh


One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..


Just to be clear, that was me changing that title too .... :oops:



Ah yes , Wayne the over zealous moderator. To funny. No problem though as I was just offering that rules are sometimes to stringent versus the obvious point if the thread is just about a personal attack.

Author:  phantomuk [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Changed a heading to take the piss as well didnt you wayne?

Author:  josh knauer [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

phantomuk wrote:
Changed a heading to take the piss as well didnt you wayne?


Wow... whatever this means, it sure is a constructive addition to the discussion here! And you wonder why people may be turned off by the dialogue here?!? :roll:

Author:  phantomuk [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Changed a heading to take the piss as well didnt you wayne?


Wow... whatever this means, it sure is a constructive addition to the discussion here! And you wonder why people may be turned off by the dialogue here?!? :roll:


Sort your moderators out big boy and there would not be a problem :evil:

Author:  arc108 [ Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

the original post was not recipes but links to recipes

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/