EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Courtesy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:17 pm 
I think when someone deletes a post, they should leave a courtesy note in its stead.

Post subject: Re: Courtesy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:11 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

RF wrote:
I think when someone deletes a post, they should leave a courtesy note in its stead.

Courtesy... amazing! The reason posts are deleted is because the poster did not have the courtesy of following the fairly simple rules we have here. It is not always practical to leave a note in its stead and sometimes I just don't have the time.

-josh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:20 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

Courtesy... amazing! The reason posts are deleted is because the poster did not have the courtesy of following the fairly simple rules we have here. It is not always practical to leave a note in its stead and sometimes I just don't have the time.

-josh

Wow...you assumed I was addressing moderators exclusively?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:22 pm 

RF wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

-josh

Moderators the only ones who can delete someone else's post? Or are you referring to the author of a post deleting their own posting? If the latter, I think the system does indicate that the author decided to delete their own post, but I could be wrong.

-josh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:27 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

-josh

Moderators the only ones who can delete someone else's post? Or are you referring to the author of a post deleting their own posting? If the latter, I think the system does indicate that the author decided to delete their own post, but I could be wrong.

-josh

There are several in one thread I seem to remember that just say "deleted" which may the reference being made.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:51 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

-josh

-josh

Hmmm...well I don't think *I* could delete my own post simply as author. But I'll let that one sit awhile.

However, even as moderator if you delete a post because of an alledged rule violation...how is one to even know what rule was violated? Now, where you deleted some posts from the other night where Arc and I were just bull****ing around in this section, I can understand that. And you left a note to that effect even.

Did you delete a post of mine where I responded to NT spasm's announcement that he was "trying" to leave this forum but trying to get other ARAs to go with him? I used words to the effect, "Because they need to show you the way?"

I really don't see how that violates any rules, though I admit to a certain snarky factor in it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:34 am 

RF wrote:
Did you delete a post of mine where I responded to NT spasm's announcement that he was "trying" to leave this forum but trying to get other ARAs to go with him? I used words to the effect, "Because they need to show you the way?"

I really don't see how that violates any rules, though I admit to a certain snarky factor in it.

I did... take the snark factor down a notch. Stick to the debating, which you do well (even if you are wrong most of the time! :lol: ) Ok, snark on... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:42 am 
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

I did... take the snark factor down a notch. Stick to the debating, which you do well (even if you are wrong most of the time! :lol: ) Ok, snark on... :shock:

Well then why didn't you take the post down in "I'm confused" where I said I thought this was a forum for Phantomuk to whine? Too much accuracy amid the snark?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:35 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF

You just aren't really taking the point are you? "NT-spasm"? Phantomuk's, "whining", and the charming little number on dylsexia. Where does all this come from? We don't have a rule against, "snarking", yet but I wouldn't push it too far. Tell you what, why don't you try your razor sharp wit on me instead. Let's all have some fun.

From Auguries of Innocence, by Wiliam Blake (1757 -1827)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:57 am 

Sandra John wrote:
RF

You just aren't really taking the point are you? "NT-spasm"? Phantomuk's, "whining", and the charming little number on dylsexia. Where does all this come from? We don't have a rule against, "snarking", yet but I wouldn't push it too far. Tell you what, why don't you try your razor sharp wit on me instead. Let's all have some fun.

Actually he has often done so Sandra but it went Woosh ,right over your head. :lol: In fact the way this is thread playing out I sense RF is making a point and getting a few laughs at the same time. :wink: BTW ,do you think Josh is to slow to meet RF's rather challenging repertoire and you need to be a sacrificial lamb or something.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Sandra John wrote:
RF

Actually he has often done so Sandra but it went Woosh ,right over your head. :lol: In fact the way this is thread playing out I sense RF is making a point and getting a few laughs at the same time. :wink: BTW ,do you think Josh is to slow to meet RF's rather challenging repertoire and you need to be a sacrificial lamb or something.?

I am slow... it's called working. I've already given RF a final warning in another thread. It's not up for debate, so please don't try.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:38 pm 
Sandra John wrote:
RF

You're using present tense language, but going back 12 days to attempt to make your point. Josh and I already discussed this, right here in this thread.

I don't know if I have all that much time left here, and I believe it's a little disengenous of you to challenge me in such a manner when I'm under threat of being banned already.

But sure...we can have some fun at FMB.

Need a link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:44 am 

Sandra John wrote:
RF

You just aren't really taking the point are you? "NT-spasm"? Phantomuk's, "whining", and the charming little number on dyslexia. Where does all this come from? We don't have a rule against, "snarking", yet but I wouldn't push it too far. Tell you what, why don't you try your razor sharp wit on me instead. Let's all have some fun.

Dear Sandra John

Good, go for it if you have time, Sandra.

After all that has been said here, I have just been called "spasm" which if I understand English correctly means "an abnormal muscular contraction". I am going to protect myself. I think I am going to call my attorney to find out weather under the new federal law signed in last Thursday I can file charges. "Stiff fines and two years in prison" is the only thing some people seem to understand.

Sincerely, Ante Bozanich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:01 pm 

Nt-Spcssm wrote:
Sandra John wrote:
RF

You just aren't really taking the point are you? "NT-spasm"? Phantomuk's, "whining", and the charming little number on dyslexia. Where does all this come from? We don't have a rule against, "snarking", yet but I wouldn't push it too far. Tell you what, why don't you try your razor sharp wit on me instead. Let's all have some fun.

Dear Sandra John

Good, go for it if you have time, Sandra.

After all that has been said here, I have just been called "spasm" which if I understand English correctly means "an abnormal muscular contraction". I am going to protect myself. I think I am going to call my attorney to find out weather under the new federal law signed in last Thursday I can file charges. "Stiff fines and two years in prison" is the only thing some people seem to understand.

Sincerely, Ante Bozanich

:roll: Unbelievable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:26 pm 

Archer wrote:

Sincerely, Ante Bozanich

:roll: Unbelievable.[/quote]
Clearly someone is learning the American way... call in the lawyers! :roll: I can't wait to read the newspaper coverage over the first challenge to this law because someone was called "an abnormal muscular contraction". So many images come to mind... :twisted:

-josh