EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: a positive suggestion.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
so does the moderation and administration of this forum think it could be as cool to have a thread or threads with 1 on 1 debates between individuals? where there are two people involved sparring their ideas without the onslaught of dozens of other people popping in and distracting?

im not suggesting every thread, but rather 1 or 2 threads being moderated in a way that allows a couple people to carry on a debate. upon demand only of course.

we did that at a different forum i was paret of a long time ago....it was fun....and easier to follow logic and/or lack of.

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:14 am
Posts: 870
Sounds interesting, I wonder if people would actually abide by the rules, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:47 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
Amy7779311 wrote:
Sounds interesting, I wonder if people would actually abide by the rules, though.


well seeing as posts get deleted often why not just have the posts that dont belong in the thread removed...ie anyone but the two having the debate.

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:11 pm 
Offline
This user has been banned
This user has been banned

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:48 pm
Posts: 1275
wijim wrote:
so does the moderation and administration of this forum think it could be as cool to have a thread or threads with 1 on 1 debates between individuals? where there are two people involved sparring their ideas without the onslaught of dozens of other people popping in and distracting?

im not suggesting every thread, but rather 1 or 2 threads being moderated in a way that allows a couple people to carry on a debate. upon demand only of course.

we did that at a different forum i was paret of a long time ago....it was fun....and easier to follow logic and/or lack of.


You can do that in a PM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:29 pm 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 105
that makes someone nervous lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:47 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
phantomuk wrote:
wijim wrote:
so does the moderation and administration of this forum think it could be as cool to have a thread or threads with 1 on 1 debates between individuals? where there are two people involved sparring their ideas without the onslaught of dozens of other people popping in and distracting?

im not suggesting every thread, but rather 1 or 2 threads being moderated in a way that allows a couple people to carry on a debate. upon demand only of course.

we did that at a different forum i was paret of a long time ago....it was fun....and easier to follow logic and/or lack of.


You can do that in a PM.


i can...but you can't....lol

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:39 pm 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 105
All I hear is crickets in here. Where are all of those super knowledgeable people demanding to showcase their debating abilities and the logical flaws in their opponents diatribe????

I guess you have won by default Jim as everyone else seems to have forfeited.

Jim is bad! Yes he is!

You know those handicap spots? They aren't for handicapped folks. They are Jim's and they are marked to let you know if you park there you will be handicapped!!

He blows his birthday candles out by blinking his eyes!!

feel better about yourself now Jim hahahah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:54 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
lol......

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:53 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
I like that idea. I've tried to do it with threads before, but it was hard to do and was always derailed. You'd have to have moderation on it for it to work.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group