EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a positive suggestion.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

so does the moderation and administration of this forum think it could be as cool to have a thread or threads with 1 on 1 debates between individuals? where there are two people involved sparring their ideas without the onslaught of dozens of other people popping in and distracting?

im not suggesting every thread, but rather 1 or 2 threads being moderated in a way that allows a couple people to carry on a debate. upon demand only of course.

we did that at a different forum i was paret of a long time ago....it was fun....and easier to follow logic and/or lack of.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Sounds interesting, I wonder if people would actually abide by the rules, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:47 pm 

Amy7779311 wrote:
Sounds interesting, I wonder if people would actually abide by the rules, though.

well seeing as posts get deleted often why not just have the posts that dont belong in the thread removed...ie anyone but the two having the debate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:11 pm 
This user has been banned
This user has been banned

wijim wrote:
so does the moderation and administration of this forum think it could be as cool to have a thread or threads with 1 on 1 debates between individuals? where there are two people involved sparring their ideas without the onslaught of dozens of other people popping in and distracting?

im not suggesting every thread, but rather 1 or 2 threads being moderated in a way that allows a couple people to carry on a debate. upon demand only of course.

we did that at a different forum i was paret of a long time ago....it was fun....and easier to follow logic and/or lack of.

You can do that in a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:29 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

that makes someone nervous lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:47 am 

phantomuk wrote:
wijim wrote:

You can do that in a PM.

i can...but you can't....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:39 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

All I hear is crickets in here. Where are all of those super knowledgeable people demanding to showcase their debating abilities and the logical flaws in their opponents diatribe????

I guess you have won by default Jim as everyone else seems to have forfeited.

Jim is bad! Yes he is!

You know those handicap spots? They aren't for handicapped folks. They are Jim's and they are marked to let you know if you park there you will be handicapped!!

He blows his birthday candles out by blinking his eyes!!

feel better about yourself now Jim hahahah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:54 pm 

lol......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:53 pm 

I like that idea. I've tried to do it with threads before, but it was hard to do and was always derailed. You'd have to have moderation on it for it to work.