Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Positive feedback.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:48 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Josh,
Today is the first day I have ventured into the feedback area. I was completely unaware how much tattling and whining you dealt with from some of the members here. You handle it much better than I would and would like to thank you for running a good forum despite the challenges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:00 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

I agree whole heartedly. Thank you Josh. Not only for the forum but for the site also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:03 pm 
Yes, Josh is coming along quite nicely.

We'll have him tearing through wilderness areas in a fat tire four by four in no time, now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:44 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

RF wrote:
Yes, Josh is coming along quite nicely.

We'll have him tearing through wilderness areas in a fat tire four by four in no time, now.

If I do, can we call off the offroad.com attack dogs?

I'll bet you didn't know that I actually received a federal offroad license when I worked for a summer for the Forest Service? I was certified for both three and four wheelers at the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. We always had the fastest bikes on the dunes to catch all the drunk hicks wreaking havoc. The Oregon Dunes was one of the only beach areas I've been to where it was actually a good thing to thrash up the vegetation on the dunes because of the invasive grass species that kept the dunes from moving in their natural patterns. I always thought it was funny that the offroad.com guys came after me so hard while my license was still valid!

It was the summer before I went to college... I also got to drive a fire truck and fought a forest fire... lots of fun! I understand your redneck ways... sort of! :wink:

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:21 am 

Thanks folks. We've had 442 posts in the last 24 hours, which I believe is an all-time record. I'm actually glad to see also that it seems that we have some more balance from both sides of the animal rights issue and also more environmental discussions happening. With some of the petty squabbles as an exception, most of the threads here are fairly substantive discussions of issues.

All of you (from whatever side of whatever issue you are on) should tell your friends to come join you here. Things get more fun when more people participate!

-josh

ps- I think Wayne is now going to curl up into a corner rock back and forth a bit! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:05 am 

josh knauer wrote:
All of you (from whatever side of whatever issue you are on) should tell your friends to come join you here. Things get more fun when more people participate!

I do try that. And not just to gain support, but because I enjoy it here and I think others would too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:10 pm 

Archer wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

I do try that. And not just to gain support, but because I enjoy it here and I think others would too.

Does this mean we can ask Festus to come and share his expertise and dry ,droll wit to??? I am sure he will be an asset . For sure he is an honest person who will defend someone who might normally disagree with if he thinks they were wronged or mis understood. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:29 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Does this mean we can ask Festus to come and share his expertise and dry ,droll wit to??? I am sure he will be an asset . For sure he is an honest person who will defend someone who might normally disagree with if he thinks they were wronged or mis understood.

No. Don't even go there... a banned user is not allowed back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:28 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

josh knauer wrote:

I wish... my friends could care less about a forum like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:55 pm 

redfurrymonster84 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Well then, perhaps you'll find some new friends here! It's great that you care enough to participate in the first place.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:49 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

josh knauer wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Well then, perhaps you'll find some new friends here! It's great that you care enough to participate in the first place.

-josh

Doubt it, but perhaps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:19 am 

redfurrymonster84 wrote:

Doubt it, but perhaps.

Redfurrymonstr84

Here is a lead to a forum where you might find a lot of friends, furry monsters like you, that don't bite and love animals too.

http://www.animalsuffering.com/forum/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:40 am 

Nt-Spcssm wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

Doubt it, but perhaps.

Redfurrymonstr84

Here is a lead to a forum where you might find a lot of friends, furry monsters like you, that don't bite and love animals too.

Heh... Yes, you can hear minoesj's opinion about how I think all animal rights activists are terrorists: http://animalsuffering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2228 and be sure to check out the anti-Wayne rants.

Redfurry... it does look to be a good place to go for sheltered conversation among people who all agree with each other. Veggieboards seems to be a place like that too. There is definitely a place for that sort of thing, but obviously that's not the forum that I'm running here.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:09 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
Nt-Spcssm wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

Doubt it, but perhaps.

Redfurrymonstr84

Heh... Yes, you can hear minoesj's opinion about how I think all animal rights activists are terrorists: http://animalsuffering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2228 and be sure to check out the anti-Wayne rants.

Redfurry... it does look to be a good place to go for sheltered conversation among people who all agree with each other. Veggieboards seems to be a place like that too. There is definitely a place for that sort of thing, but obviously that's not the forum that I'm running here.

-josh

Ahh they still remember me .. :cry: <snif> I know I am a fiend for complaining about that series of personal attacks that even shocked the moderator (I didn't see him listed any longer, I wonder why?) and being banned for getting upset and complaining was the "normal" thing to do. It was that stalking thing afterward that was a little weird. He came here and on Brian's site trying to defend his actions. Oh well, his site is still there, which is partly due to it being in Europe :wink: , and he has a nice collection of like minded people to be the AR version of "dittoheads".

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:14 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Maybe I spoke too soon, the name has been changed as has some of the Whois information. Maybe there has been more going on than I kept up with. In any case, it is not a board to find the truth on any issue but only to hear one view.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein