EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:23 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

for the mods and Josh

this may be somewhat rhetorical, but at least partially out of curiosity.

I have seen others refer to people like myself as "hunt scum" quite a few times in the past, and it seems to be acceptable. Would it be just as acceptable to refer to someone as a "vegan whore" or something of the like? I have been told that the latter part of the phrase is in the bible, so it would seem to me at least that part of speech would be acceptable.

And while the size of a hunters genitalia have little to do with environmental or animal concerns, would one be able to make a similar statements or observations about vegan/omnivore breast sizes?

Basically a lot of attention has been given to the rules regarding "personal insults". wouldn't it make more sense to try and remove insults in general from the site? do you think it would even be possible? I know I have been guilty of this in the past but it certainly doesn't make it right.

I am not trying to be a pain in the rear, but it does seem that there could be improvement by most members here, including myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:26 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

bow weevil wrote:
for the mods and Josh

this may be somewhat rhetorical, but at least partially out of curiosity.

I have seen others refer to people like myself as "hunt scum" quite a few times in the past, and it seems to be acceptable. Would it be just as acceptable to refer to someone as a "vegan whore" or something of the like? I have been told that the latter part of the phrase is in the bible, so it would seem to me at least that part of speech would be acceptable.

And while the size of a hunters genitalia have little to do with environmental or animal concerns, would one be able to make a similar statements or observations about vegan/omnivore breast sizes?

Basically a lot of attention has been given to the rules regarding "personal insults". wouldn't it make more sense to try and remove insults in general from the site? do you think it would even be possible? I know I have been guilty of this in the past but it certainly doesn't make it right.

I am not trying to be a pain in the rear, but it does seem that there could be improvement by most members here, including myself.

it seemed to me the wiggle room in insults was intentially left in the rules, so terms like "huntscum" could be continually used. but i dunno. i agree with what you say though bow weevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:29 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I have cleaned a few of my posts up, although I cannot edit out some of the posts that were quoted.

Mods, if you find one that needs to be changed, let me know and I will take care of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:31 pm 

bow weevil wrote:
I have cleaned a few of my posts up, although I cannot edit out some of the posts that were quoted.

Mods, if you find one that needs to be changed, let me know and I will take care of it.

lol..you're alot more proactive than i.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:32 pm 
This user has been banned

I think you are over reacting with the reference to genital by xveganx. But it seems to have hit the spot with many on this forum even though it was not aimed at them.

Maybe you all should learn to take the fallout after you post so much crap in order to ridicule animal right members. Just look at it from the point of view of new members who drop in on what you have all been saying in the feedback section, moderator included, that would put any animal right member who registers on the wrong foot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

phantomuk wrote:
I think you are over reacting with the reference to genital by xveganx.

Mild compared to what you're used to saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
I think you are over reacting with the reference to genital by xveganx. But it seems to have hit the spot with many on this forum even though it was not aimed at them.

Maybe you all should learn to take the fallout after you post so much crap in order to ridicule animal right members. Just look at it from the point of view of new members who drop in on what you have all been saying in the feedback section, moderator included, that would put any animal right member who registers on the wrong foot.

Actually the way this played out is an example of how small and vindictive a mind would need to be to use such a reference. xveganx finally figured it out....... no chance you could catch on is there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 pm 

bow weevil wrote:

I notice that xveganx did the same after rethinking what was posted but since don copied and pasted some of the quote he still posted it even though that person had second thoughts about what was posted. Very sly thing to do.

I have called hunters huntscum on this forum in the PAST and reminded xveganx that it would not be a good idea to post it in comments. The only reason you read the huntscum comment is because don posted it. If it was a direct quote from xveganx she would not have been able to delete her post and the quote from don could have been deleted. She could have denied it out right and he would not have been able to prove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:41 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

As for bow weevil's opening post here.... very good question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:43 pm 

im becoming disinterested in a thread that has its focus on "we're nicer than you in how we post"...lol

so maybe i'll rekindle that interest later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
bow weevil wrote:

I notice that xveganx did the same after rethinking what was posted but since don copied and pasted some of the quote he still posted it even though that person had second thoughts about what was posted. Very sly thing to do.

I have called hunters huntscum on this forum in the PAST and reminded xveganx that it would not be a good idea to post it in comments. The only reason you read the huntscum comment is because don posted it. If it was a direct quote from xveganx she would not have been able to delete her post and the quote from don could have been deleted. She could have denied it out right and he would not have been able to prove it.

Which kinda speaks volumes of how your mind works doesn't it. Really casts a light on how you p[posted that I sent racist homophobic hate literature to you. Also speaks to why you notified PETA that I had pointed out the legalities of drugs that PETA used in the dumpster toss in the hopes they could sue me. You seem to be of a devious mind Phantomuk.

Sorry folks, caps on didn't notice

Last edited by Donnie Mac Leod on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
phantomuk wrote:

Actually the way this played out is an example of how small and vindictive a mind would need to be to use such a reference. xveganx finally figured it out....... no chance you could catch on is there???

Your opinion. It was in self defense but you hounded xveganx twisting what was said. When she explained it was in self defense you carried on attacking her making her out to be a slut and a woman who beds alot of hunters. Yes to a vegan woman who is a sab it is an insult and I suspect you knew that and thats why you hounded her.

We all know you hate animal rights activists but it is you who shows yourself up in the way you act IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:51 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
phantomuk wrote:

Your opinion. It was in self defense but you hounded xveganx twisting what was said. When she explained it was in self defense you carried on attacking her making her out to be a slut and a woman who beds alot of hunters. Yes to a vegan woman who is a sab it is an insult and I suspect you knew that and thats why you hounded her.

We all know you hate animal rights activists but it is you who shows yourself up in the way you act IMO

Nope. Her initial statement was noted by me in my very first post to her as a demeaning trick which hurt her whole argument. That was the point of the posts and I showed where and how it demeaned her argument. Others also pointed it out but that UK pride keeps getting in the way. Hate to admit a colonial might have gotten it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:52 pm 

Donnie, phantomuk and wijim... I've got zero patience for your bs today. This is a Feedback forum, this is not a debate forum. I am not going to be giving anyone any more warnings and the three of you are on thin ice right now. Your collective behavior here is just despicable and yes, the three of you are getting lumped together.

Debate the issues in the proper areas here or leave... the choice is simple.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:56 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

I think there is a LOT of sniping from all sides on these issues. The trend seems to be to just keep from getting a post deleted but still make the attack. I think BW has a very good point.

If this is going to be a "we can be nicer than you in posting" discussion it will make no sense at all as the proof is in the actions. Why not start from this point on and keep the jabs to a bare minimum and we shall see which side of any argument here can actually make its case without resorting to name calling and attacks.

BW has made an admirable attempt and the rest of us should be willing to put our keyboards where our mouths are.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein