EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Do NOT TROLL other boards!
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1711
Page 2 of 3

Author:  oinks [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:44 am ]
Post subject: 

LOL, I was having a good conversation (about a year or so ago) about vegan diets with one or two other members, and Minoesj banned me because I wouldn't tell him what other boards I posted on... :roll:

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:53 am ]
Post subject: 

oinks wrote:
LOL, I was having a good conversation (about a year or so ago) about vegan diets with one or two other members, and Minoesj banned me because I wouldn't tell him what other boards I posted on... :roll:

Yeah, she likes to ban people for no reason. I'm the "troll" she is speaking of. I went over there and I behaved quite nicely. I joined in on a few threads and things were going quite nicely. People even liked what I had to say. Then XveganX jumped all over me because she recognized me. I hadn't broken any rules, but they banned me anyway. That's okay. I came back and gave them some better opinions in the second round. I guess they couldn't handle the truth. :lol:

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Minoesj wrote:
Could you please ask your pro hunting and anti AR members to stay away from my forum. I also leave this one alone and advice my members not to come to here. I suggest you do the same.

Although i have never posted any IP addresses in public (apposed to you) i would like to advice your trolling members i keep all IP, date, email and post information in backup. I'm already doing this from the start and if every anti spam and troll laws get higher i will use this information.

If you want to run an anti AR forum (with the ironical name of EnviroLink) that is your problem but keep your members under control.


Thanks

What is anybody over here supposed to do about your joke of a forum? If you can't run your forum by yourself, maybe you should give it up. And do you not have any reason for banning me? How can you ban someone when they haven't broken any rules? If I had posted under any other name, you never would have known. Are you afraid that my common sense would make your fantasy world look bad? I guess 900 ARA's can't handle even 1 hunter. That's pathetic. :roll:

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Archer wrote:
Minoesj wrote:
Could you please ask your pro hunting and anti AR members to stay away from my forum. I also leave this one alone and advice my members not to come to here. I suggest you do the same.

Although i have never posted any IP addresses in public (apposed to you) i would like to advice your trolling members i keep all IP, date, email and post information in backup. I'm already doing this from the start and if every anti spam and troll laws get higher i will use this information.

If you want to run an anti AR forum (with the ironical name of EnviroLink) that is your problem but keep your members under control.


Thanks




Judging by Josh's comments he has figured out what was happening to his forum. The UK posters took it upon themselves to set about making this another Minoesj type platform or speak easy for the AR platform. The folks he figured were here to destroy debate and leaned towards reprimanding, were actually here to share debate. My but how the seasons change.

Author:  Minoesj [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

josh knauer wrote:
I barely have control over what people do here, how am I supposed to control what people do when they are not here? That is absurd and you are just coming here to advertise for your board, no doubt encouraged by your friend who recently spammed this site with gay porn (you do know that's why he was booted, right? I have the archives to prove it if you would like to know the character of the people whining to you). I do not and will not tell others what to do when they are not on this site.
I do control what happens here though, and don't you dare come in here attacking the moderators of this board for no good reason. Feel free to do whatever you want elsewhere, but that is not going to fly here.

I deliberately didn't mention the URL of my board as i didn't want hunters and anti AR activists to join, so i guess that isn't advertising or i could be wrong.[/quote]

I do not know about who you are talking, this isn't the only board that gets spammed by automatical register bots (get a mod to stop them and you won't have the problem anymore)
Your guess is as good as mine who does this, my first guess would be gay porn webmasters spam your board in the hope of getting a new customer.
I only made the comment about the IP address because i read the post. As i first checked out the forum before making this post to know if it is still as anti AR as it was a year ago.

So to summarize :
- I didn't come here to advertise my board, i would even prefer that you remove the link to it, as my board has no connection with your board.
- I didn't (and still don't) know the guy you banned and i do not care that you ban him as this is your board and you do with it what you want.
- The only reason i came here is to request if you could ask your members not to troll an other board. I know you don't have control over this but at least as they have respect for you, your opinion will help alot. And i thought that as a fellow admin (who also has had the problems of hackers, spammers and trolls that you would be more understand)

Anyway bye.

Author:  Theila [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have no idea who this Minoesj person is. And truthfully, this persons holier then thou attitude makes me hope that I never have the chance to meet this person. However, I did notice that within this thread there is definitely an argument to be made, so I'm putting it under the Environmental Issues board.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Minoesj wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
I barely have control over what people do here, how am I supposed to control what people do when they are not here? That is absurd and you are just coming here to advertise for your board, no doubt encouraged by your friend who recently spammed this site with gay porn (you do know that's why he was booted, right? I have the archives to prove it if you would like to know the character of the people whining to you). I do not and will not tell others what to do when they are not on this site.
I do control what happens here though, and don't you dare come in here attacking the moderators of this board for no good reason. Feel free to do whatever you want elsewhere, but that is not going to fly here.

I deliberately didn't mention the URL of my board as i didn't want hunters and anti AR activists to join, so i guess that isn't advertising or i could be wrong.


I do not know about who you are talking, this isn't the only board that gets spammed by automatical register bots (get a mod to stop them and you won't have the problem anymore)
Your guess is as good as mine who does this, my first guess would be gay porn webmasters spam your board in the hope of getting a new customer.
I only made the comment about the IP address because i read the post. As i first checked out the forum before making this post to know if it is still as anti AR as it was a year ago.[/quote]

This was not the result of actions by any automated register bots. This was the action of a person who had posted the link to your site as a more "pro-AR site".

Quote:
So to summarize :
- I didn't come here to advertise my board, i would even prefer that you remove the link to it, as my board has no connection with your board.


I will let Josh know, he will act as he sees fit. I did check and the original posts you made inviting people form this board were lost in the transfer so they are now gone.

Quote:
- I didn't (and still don't) know the guy you banned and i do not care that you ban him as this is your board and you do with it what you want.


I would hazard a guess he is a registered member of your board. I do know there is a poster on both boards using the same user name, who is supposed to be that person's spouse.

Author:  MojoMesmer [ Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Minoesj wrote:
:lol:

You are just a silly person.
First i really thought you where intelligent but after all the fuzz i can only do one thing... laugh

If really someone is monitoring the board i would love it. Only high trees get wind :wink:
But i don't think they will discover anything wrong, maybe after reading it all who knows maybe they change there mind.

Anyway Wayne we all know you are full of talk but with very little action.
From all the fuzz you made i would almost believe what they said was true.

Anyway thanks for staying away it's fun to have you in the archives :wink:


I find it rather interesting that you are calling Wayne unintelligent when you clearly do not have command of the English language, and it very much seems to be your native tongue. First off, it might be a good idea to nail down their/there/they're. The fact that you only seem to utilize the word "there" properly on an accidental basis is really obnoxious.

I feel it is quite cowardly and unsporting to simply call someone a stupidhead, take your ball and go home when you don't agree with them and can't keep up in a verbal sparring match. Why not listen to what they have to say and absorb the good stuff? That way they might do the same and consider your position.

Author:  animallover [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

I think that this is the most ridiculous thread I have ever read. Are you serious, this is like... your kids can't play with mine because they won't let my kids win. OMG

I would have never imagined that an adult would act this childish. How ridiculous that an administrator would go to another board and and try to assert their control over here.

I went over to the site and looked around and now that I have read this I have concluded that they run their site as a Stepford community. There is no real free thought or individuality. What is even sadder is that the posters there probably don't even realize that they are being controlled and or brainwashed. They must agree and follow along suit with really the beliefs of one indiviual or else.

It is one thing to associate with like-minded people but this appears to go way beyond that. It feels very cult-like with their mentality and their apparent actions.

Author:  Fosgate [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Minoesj wrote:
Anyway bye.


Hey, Minoesj, before you go, try some cheese. :-({|=

Author:  Iowanic [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

I'm glad you went over for a look, Animal lover. And your 'cult-like' comment rings a bell.

Author:  animallover [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Iowanic wrote:
I'm glad you went over for a look, Animal lover. And your 'cult-like' comment rings a bell.


I was looking around the site last night but I wanted to finish looking around before I came to my final conclusion. And then after reading this thread in it's entirety it was just so obvious.

Author:  Iowanic [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Say, Wayne?

I went back and once more peeked thru the varis departments at this ARCO site.

Apparently; they once had a 'carnavore' board, for the rest of us poor worthless animal-users to post on. Then this Minoesj person used 'popular' opinion to get it shut down.

The point I'm making is; this person scares the tar out of me now! You've got to read how he/she manipulates the others there! Hey, I'm probably still overreacting to their treatment of Ante(Frankly, I'd like to hear from Ante what reason was given for not posting that paper he wrote) but Minoesj is spooky!

Author:  animallover [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Iowanic wrote:
Say, Wayne?

I went back and once more peeked thru the varis departments at this ARCO site.

Apparently; they once had a 'carnavore' board, for the rest of us poor worthless animal-users to post on. Then this Minoesj person used 'popular' opinion to get it shut down.

The point I'm making is; this person scares the tar out of me now! You've got to read how he/she manipulates the others there! Hey, I'm probably still overreacting to their treatment of Ante(Frankly, I'd like to hear from Ante what reason was given for not posting that paper he wrote) but Minoesj is spooky!

Hey Iowanic
Don't feel bad aparently I would be lumped into the same worthless catagory as you, along with many others, so at least you are still in good company. :wink: :mrgreen:
And you know what, I am glad because I would not want to be a part of a group like that. I happen to think that we all are better than that.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Do NOT TROLL other boards!

Iowanic wrote:
Say, Wayne?

I went back and once more peeked thru the varis departments at this ARCO site.

Apparently; they once had a 'carnavore' board, for the rest of us poor worthless animal-users to post on. Then this Minoesj person used 'popular' opinion to get it shut down.

The point I'm making is; this person scares the tar out of me now! You've got to read how he/she manipulates the others there! Hey, I'm probably still overreacting to their treatment of Ante(Frankly, I'd like to hear from Ante what reason was given for not posting that paper he wrote) but Minoesj is spooky!


Yes, the Carnivore Board was where I was allowed to post for a time.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/