EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:04 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I've determined that sweetpea and xveganx were, in fact, the same person. The user sweetpea joined Feb 2, after the temporary suspension of xveganx, from the same IP address (from the same ISP and same geography) and with the same beligerent tone. This is a major issue and will not be tolerated.

Needless to say, neither username (nor any other from related IP addresses or e-mail addresses) will be welcomed back to this forum. I hope that everyone has the maturity to deal with it (and just move on) when we decide someone is not welcome here any more. There are plenty of other places online for people to go debate these issues if they are not welcomed here.

-josh

ps- I don't expect much discussion of this, but didn't want to put this in the announcements section.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:24 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

josh knauer wrote:
I've determined that sweetpea and xveganx were, in fact, the same person. The user sweetpea joined Feb 2, after the temporary suspension of xveganx, from the same IP address (from the same ISP and same geography) and with the same beligerent tone. This is a major issue and will not be tolerated.

Needless to say, neither username (nor any other from related IP addresses or e-mail addresses) will be welcomed back to this forum. I hope that everyone has the maturity to deal with it (and just move on) when we decide someone is not welcome here any more. There are plenty of other places online for people to go debate these issues if they are not welcomed here.

-josh

ps- I don't expect much discussion of this, but didn't want to put this in the announcements section.

Josh I respect your decision, and understand it is final. It is a shame that people have to act like children and we have to do things like this. I hope no one else has to get banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:16 pm 

like Pennsylvania in which 9% of the population controls
(for only a brief period longer) the politics of the nonviolent
state, this board is controlled by 3 moderators, 2 of which
have publicly advocated the murder of mammals... one
for reasons of 'population control'

but Google promotes this forum... heavily..
and puts 100% animal rights forums further down

xveganx could be in a community of animal rights activists

one cannot be sure that everyone at an IP address is the same
person

when one writes from a library, dozens a day have the same IP
address

-----
phantomuk was banned too

the percentage of hunters on the board increases daily

sealclubbing is banned.
http://seashepherd.org/seals/seals.html
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=martha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:58 am 

Even without the IP's,it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that they were the same person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:24 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Quote:
xveganx could be in a community of animal rights activists

one cannot be sure that everyone at an IP address is the same
person

when one writes from a library, dozens a day have the same IP
address

This does raise a question arc but it seems unlikely that a completely new Poster with a similar tone would have rung in from the same IP address just at the point xveganx was temporarily banned.

From Auguries of Innocence, by Wiliam Blake (1757 -1827)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:58 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I have a question, How do you know it wasn't a family member that lives in the household? They could sound the same. It could happen... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:08 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

redfurrymonster84 wrote:
I have a question, How do you know it wasn't a family member that lives in the household? They could sound the same. It could happen... :?

If it were it would have been the third person from the same family to run into the same trouble, which would also indicate a problem.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:15 pm 
This user has been banned

Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

If it were it would have been the third person from the same family to run into the same trouble, which would also indicate a problem.

We have 8 people living in this house. All are vegans and have the same view of animal abusers. Three of us go out 'sabbing' and have strong views on the subject.

We have also noticed you have deleted all xveganx topics she started. Why did you do this?

My name is Joe Pilkington and I live in the same house and share the same connection. Am I to be banned as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:31 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

We have 8 people living in this house. All are vegans and have the same view of animal abusers. Three of us go out 'sabbing' and have strong views on the subject.

We have also noticed you have deleted all xveganx topics she started. Why did you do this?

I believe you are mistaken, since there are topics she started still on the boards. All of the posts from one day were deleted, which would have also taken the thread with them if there was no other reply. The topics most likely were replaced in the listing by newer threads.

Quote:
My name is Joe Pilkington and I live in the same house and share the same connection. Am I to be banned as well?

That would be Josh's final decision at this point, but given the track record I would suspect that if you are not banned there would be a very low tolerance for violation of the rules. Josh has stated his views at the time, but if you indicate that you are not going to cause a problem he may change his mind and allow you to stay. Until he decides I would suggest you post if you wish, but be mindful of the rules and we'll see where it goes from there. He has a couple of more urgent issues with which to deal today so you do have a chance to make your case for staying ... or not.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:46 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

I believe you are mistaken, since there are topics she started still on the boards. All of the posts from one day were deleted, which would have also taken the thread with them if there was no other reply. The topics most likely were replaced in the listing by newer threads.

Quote:

That would be Josh's final decision at this point, but given the track record I would suspect that if you are not banned there would be a very low tolerance for violation of the rules. Josh has stated his views at the time, but if you indicate that you are not going to cause a problem he may change his mind and allow you to stay. Until he decides I would suggest you post if you wish, but be mindful of the rules and we'll see where it goes from there. He has a couple of more urgent issues with which to deal today so you do have a chance to make your case for staying ... or not.

I would like you to point out the topics that xveganx started since I have looked through and can not find them. I looked through the authors and none of hers are there.

I would not want to start a sab topic (I am a sab) if one has already gone through some sort of "debate" on this forum. I suspect you will find them deleted. If this is so why would these topics be deleted since no violation was committed?

Just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:18 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

Quote:

I would like you to point out the topics that xveganx started since I have looked through and can not find them. I looked through the authors and none of hers are there.

I do not know what threads she may have started, but there are nearly a dozen she started in the area just below this one if you look.

Quote:
I would not want to start a sab topic (I am a sab) if one has already gone through some sort of "debate" on this forum. I suspect you will find them deleted. If this is so why would these topics be deleted since no violation was committed?

Just curious.

I do not understand what you are asking. I do not remember a specific sab discussion so I cannot say if any or part of it was or was not deleted or why.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:30 pm 

I think Josh made reference to banning the IP's ,did he not Wayne. As for the posters being different it was kinda obvious that somedays a certain banned poster was using his wife's IP to get onto this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:32 pm 

All topics started by xveganx in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

I am just interested and I am sure other members are also since posts and topics are"going missing" on this forum on a regular basis. If this is the case then I myself feel it is a form of censorship.

What would deleting whole topics achieve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:00 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
I think Josh made reference to banning the IP's ,did he not Wayne. As for the posters being different it was kinda obvious that somedays a certain banned poster was using his wife's IP to get onto this forum.

With all due respect this has nothing to do with you. It is a question for admin and moderators. You can not clarify the situation or have any authority since you are none of the above. I do not see what value your input has in this situation.

I do not want to fall into the same trap as the others of the house by getting into anything other than debate with members of this forum.

You sir will be one member I will choose not to debate or reply to other than this post. I hope you will respect my decision

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:20 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Insomnia wrote:
All topics started by xveganx in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

I am just interested and I am sure other members are also since posts and topics are"going missing" on this forum on a regular basis. If this is the case then I myself feel it is a form of censorship.

What would deleting whole topics achieve?

Unless there is a specific reference I cannot give you an answer. I do not remember any threads of that poster being deleted, but as I said there was a global deletion used on that one day. I cannot speak for Josh or anyone else at this point as I have not discussed it with them, but in the past week one thread was merged with another, and three posts were deleted, one was due to an off-topic picture, one was a violation of the spam rules, and one was a violation of the copyright rules. All were noted in a post relating to the issue and all should have been marked with an Admin notice. There have been others that have been adjusted or given a "by" with a note for future reference, but they had not been from posters with prior warnings.

In any case, I do not see this series of general questions being very supportive for the idea of not following through with the banning of anyone from that location. That is only my opinion and you may think otherwise, but you have a history to overcome and this seems to be leading to a similar start as some of the other posters there.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein