EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Hey Josh...
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=326
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Carnivore [ Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:44 am ]
Post subject:  Hey Josh...

Josh...

I just found an old post that had a link to Fortune Mag... You mean to tell me your a Millionaire?????? lol...

I'd have never expected that from you, your always so humble in your posts... Just curious...

Way to go, bro!!!

Author:  Carnivore [ Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh yeah...

What happened to all the members this site used to have? From the looks of things, you had quite a membership at one time... :shock:

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:57 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
What happened to all the members this site used to have? From the looks of things, you had quite a membership at one time...


Josh can go into more detail, but from my perspective on what happened(I have been around since there were two separate boards for AR and the environment) it is similar to now where there are people coming and going in spurts. There are the "one post" wonders that never come back and there are those who post for a period of time. The reason there are not many now is the fairly recent crashing of the servers, which were replaced but all of the old information was lost. We had to sign up again (I did change my moniker as I posted originally under my own name and got some really interesting mail at times) which meant we started over from scratch. In a year or so there should be a similar number of memebers showing, but they will not all be active. Some of the old timers (HI Ock!!! Fos, what happened to ya?) seem to lurk or have found other interests that keep them busy. In the period before the crash I had spent more time on another board concerning the debunking of the AR issues and one one libertarian issues (those folks are interesting at times) but still checked in here. There is an option to be notified by email if there is a reply to a thread you are interested in or you can just pass through to see if there is a new thread with relative ease.

Author:  deep woods [ Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't understand why there are so many people on the member list who have not posted anything. Why take the trouble to join if you aren't going to post?

Deep Woods

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
I don't understand why there are so many people on the member list who have not posted anything. Why take the trouble to join if you aren't going to post?


Some just like to lurk and others do not like to debate ... there are always different reasons for different people.

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Muir ,Bowhunter, Bowie, Madeara, Susan Ferguson, Steve Lewis ,Jennifer Wilkerson, mohunter used to have a lot of real characters here along with Peter Weyland Smith & Soybean.



The lost archives, was a real bummer to.

Author:  josh knauer [ Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Josh...

Carnivore wrote:
I just found an old post that had a link to Fortune Mag... You mean to tell me your a Millionaire?????? lol...

I'd have never expected that from you, your always so humble in your posts... Just curious...

Way to go, bro!!!


Heh... thanks Carnivore. I sold my company (GreenMarketplace.com) in Nov 2002. That's the one that got a lot of media attention because I am a business person and tree hugger at the same time. Kind of an odd mutt of ideologies.

-josh

Author:  josh knauer [ Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Carnivore wrote:
What happened to all the members this site used to have? From the looks of things, you had quite a membership at one time... :shock:


Believe it or not, the old system had almost 30,000 members. That number had built up over a period of 5 years or so. In those five years we always had a lot of people who signed up for accounts and then didn't do much with them. I would say that we always have had the same number of unique posters, but the people themselves change. Funny, the arguments usually don't, though! I've been amazed at how quickly the forum has grown in less than a year in its latest iteration.

I do agree that the loss of the archives was a serious bummer.

-josh

Author:  Carnivore [ Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
I do agree that the loss of the archives was a serious bummer.


You have back-ups now, do you not? Once bitten, twice shy... I hope...

Author:  jhawk [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Carnivore wrote:
Oh yeah...

What happened to all the members this site used to have? From the looks of things, you had quite a membership at one time... :shock:


Yes...where has everyone gone ?
8-[

Author:  Iowanic [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Josh...

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, so I may miss, but.....

looking thru some of the posts in years past, a lot of ARA's came here but didn't find it like, say, the ALF-site(We're right-everyone else is wrong-end of discussion)

Here, non-ara's have pretty much equal footing and some have difficulty dealing with that.

Author:  Grace [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Josh...

Josh is a millionaire? :shock:

Author:  OHIOSTEVE [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Muir ,Bowhunter, Bowie, Madeara, Susan Ferguson, Steve Lewis ,Jennifer Wilkerson, mohunter used to have a lot of real characters here along with Peter Weyland Smith & Soybean.



The lost archives, was a real bummer to.

aT LEAST ONE OF THOSE IS STILL AN ACTIVE POSTER...JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ( sorry caps) I didn't realize I could use my old screen name on the new forum so Steve Lewis is now OHIO STEVE lol. BTW whatever happened to the guy named SOYBEAN?

Author:  Iowanic [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Josh...

He got harvested.

Author:  denni50 [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Josh...

Quote:
He got harvested.


LOL.... :lol:
I ate him for dinner last night...'burp'!... :-$

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/