EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:52 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
The clock on the board hasn't updated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:08 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20481
Location: Southeastern US
I think we have to do it manually ....

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
How??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20481
Location: Southeastern US
animallover wrote:
How??


User control preferences - board preferences - time (Eastern Std time for example -5 (?) will need to be changed to Atlantic Std. -4 or one hour more than the current listing)

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
Wayne Stollings wrote:
animallover wrote:
How??


User control preferences - board preferences - time (Eastern Std time for example -5 (?) will need to be changed to Atlantic Std. -4 or one hour more than the current listing)


Thanks!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:16 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20481
Location: Southeastern US
Ok, following my own directions to see how accurate they were I noticed the option below the timezone is to whether the DST is active or not .. so just enable that if your area uses DST. :oops:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Ok, following my own directions to see how accurate they were I noticed the option below the timezone is to whether the DST is active or not .. so just enable that if your area uses DST. :oops:


It's o.k....I saw it. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20481
Location: Southeastern US
I knew there was a manual fix because there are places that do not follow DST but remembered the wrong manual fix ...

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
Wayne Stollings wrote:
I knew there was a manual fix because there are places that do not follow DST but remembered the wrong manual fix ...


Don't feel bad....it only took me three days to notice it was wrong to begin with. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ok, I was confused by the this because the board is set to recognize Daylight Savings Time (DST), but I guess that part of the code was created before the US Congress changed the dates that DST starts. So there's no really good answer to this other than to manually change your time zone to one that is an hour later than yours. I could change it board-wide, but I'm not sure what kind of mess that might cause.

As an aside, I wish it was 7:40 in the morning right now because I could still be getting a few more minutes of sleep! ;-)

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time change
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:56 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20481
Location: Southeastern US
josh knauer wrote:
Ok, I was confused by the this because the board is set to recognize Daylight Savings Time (DST), but I guess that part of the code was created before the US Congress changed the dates that DST starts. So there's no really good answer to this other than to manually change your time zone to one that is an hour later than yours. I could change it board-wide, but I'm not sure what kind of mess that might cause.

As an aside, I wish it was 7:40 in the morning right now because I could still be getting a few more minutes of sleep! ;-)

-josh


There is a manual option in the User Control to turn the function on and off, which is set for "off" as the default. I believe it is Indiana that has DST in only some of the counties and not others due to the local election to use or not use DST.

No, I was wrong, they made a change in the laws a couple of years ago:

Effective April 2, 2006 - all of Indiana observes daylight saving time.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Last edited by Wayne Stollings on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Added new info on time


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group