EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:52 pm 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:13 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 1613
Location: New York City
Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)

_________________
http://www.antebozanich.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:06 pm 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)



I see now, looks like I may have to do the same...

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 1613
Location: New York City
Sonic wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)



I see now, looks like I may have to do the same...


On the second thought, you may be able to resolve any issues you may have, with Josh or Fosgate. Both of them seem to be fair and reasonable people.

_________________
http://www.antebozanich.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Posts: 3310
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AL has given you lot more leniency than you deserve and a lot more than I would have if I were in her place.

It’s easy to see were the faction lines are drawn and why Wayne has your support he won’t make you toe the line however AL has been more than fair to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:38 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
This is a vague accusation and sounds like whining to me until I see clear examples of abuse of power. This is a very serious accusation and history shows that whining like this rarely turns out to be true. If there is real abuse of power, as the subject implies, it should be easy for you to document it.

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:48 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Wow... I just read through the thread that caused this and can not believe you have the nerve to come over here and complain about abuse of power?!? AL shut down a profanity-laden personal attack diatribe among users (including you). That's exactly what she (and all moderators) are supposed to do.

You are very, very lucky I didn't see that thread, because I would have given you a 7 day ban for your behavior. If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.

BTW... I'm deleting your ranting thread in the open forum as well. I have no interest in providing the disk/server space for bile like that.

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 pm
Posts: 5941
JOSH, I apologize for allowing myself to be baited into posting against the rules.... When someone comes here with the sole purpose of trying to disrupt through being rude and condescending it gets under my skin and this time I reacted to it even though the attempted baiting was transparent.... Al did nothing wrong even though some of MY posts were deleted and I got a warning also. Her only fault IMO was allowing it to get to the point it did, and not stepping in and stopping the obvious baiting sooner. So again I apologize for my part in it .

_________________
SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:22 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 pm
Posts: 5941
This is starting to get a bit ridiculous

_________________
SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:25 am 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
josh knauer wrote:
If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.


-josh


Good advise.

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:03 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Sonic wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.


-josh


Good advise.



**************************
Then take it....now.


Oh and the word is... ' advice ' BTW.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 am
Posts: 9576
My golly, J! Tell him off, then correct his english!
Brutal! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Iowanic wrote:
My golly, J! Tell him off, then correct his english!
Brutal! :D


*************************

I apologise on behalf of fellow Brits for the rudeness shown by such as Sonic to all of you on your side of the Big Pond.

This attitude is not typical of Brits in general I assure you.

Personally I think....no. I KNOW you are a great Nation and I love you and I'm very proud of the friends I have found here.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:22 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ok, and all of this chatter has to do with "Feedback to EnviroLink" how?? If you don't have something nice to say about others, don't say it. Really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abuse of power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:55 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
If you don't have something nice to say about others, don't say it. Really.



But it won't let me post a reply with nothing in it. :wink:

At that I'll go sit in the corner for a while.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group