EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Abuse of power
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8908
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Sonic [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Abuse of power

I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you

Author:  Ante Bozanich [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)

Author:  Sonic [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Ante Bozanich wrote:
Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)



I see now, looks like I may have to do the same...

Author:  Ante Bozanich [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Sonic wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Sonic wrote:
I think AL is abusing her power as moderator by locking down threads and giving out unwarrented warnings. Can Wayne and or Josh look into this please?

Thank you


Unfortunately, Wayne is gone on vacation, this is why I am trying to take one myself and go a bit underground. I don't know, but I think we might have a fascist, one-sided regime here until he comes back. :)



I see now, looks like I may have to do the same...


On the second thought, you may be able to resolve any issues you may have, with Josh or Fosgate. Both of them seem to be fair and reasonable people.

Author:  pops [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AL has given you lot more leniency than you deserve and a lot more than I would have if I were in her place.

It’s easy to see were the faction lines are drawn and why Wayne has your support he won’t make you toe the line however AL has been more than fair to you

Author:  josh knauer [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

This is a vague accusation and sounds like whining to me until I see clear examples of abuse of power. This is a very serious accusation and history shows that whining like this rarely turns out to be true. If there is real abuse of power, as the subject implies, it should be easy for you to document it.

-josh

Author:  josh knauer [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Wow... I just read through the thread that caused this and can not believe you have the nerve to come over here and complain about abuse of power?!? AL shut down a profanity-laden personal attack diatribe among users (including you). That's exactly what she (and all moderators) are supposed to do.

You are very, very lucky I didn't see that thread, because I would have given you a 7 day ban for your behavior. If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.

BTW... I'm deleting your ranting thread in the open forum as well. I have no interest in providing the disk/server space for bile like that.

-josh

Author:  OHIOSTEVE [ Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

JOSH, I apologize for allowing myself to be baited into posting against the rules.... When someone comes here with the sole purpose of trying to disrupt through being rude and condescending it gets under my skin and this time I reacted to it even though the attempted baiting was transparent.... Al did nothing wrong even though some of MY posts were deleted and I got a warning also. Her only fault IMO was allowing it to get to the point it did, and not stepping in and stopping the obvious baiting sooner. So again I apologize for my part in it .

Author:  OHIOSTEVE [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

This is starting to get a bit ridiculous

Author:  Sonic [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

josh knauer wrote:
If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.


-josh


Good advise.

Author:  jhawk [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Sonic wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
If you think that's an abuse of power, then you better move on along to another forum because you clearly have never read or tried to understand the rules here.


-josh


Good advise.



**************************
Then take it....now.


Oh and the word is... ' advice ' BTW.

Author:  Iowanic [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

My golly, J! Tell him off, then correct his english!
Brutal! :D

Author:  jhawk [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Iowanic wrote:
My golly, J! Tell him off, then correct his english!
Brutal! :D


*************************

I apologise on behalf of fellow Brits for the rudeness shown by such as Sonic to all of you on your side of the Big Pond.

This attitude is not typical of Brits in general I assure you.

Personally I think....no. I KNOW you are a great Nation and I love you and I'm very proud of the friends I have found here.
:D

Author:  josh knauer [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Ok, and all of this chatter has to do with "Feedback to EnviroLink" how?? If you don't have something nice to say about others, don't say it. Really.

Author:  hunter88 [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abuse of power

Quote:
If you don't have something nice to say about others, don't say it. Really.



But it won't let me post a reply with nothing in it. :wink:

At that I'll go sit in the corner for a while.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/