EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

The Way We Were
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9065
Page 1 of 1

Author:  roadside [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 am ]
Post subject:  The Way We Were

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or even feels this way, but it appears as though the board has become almost every bit as stressful and unpleasant as it was prior to Wayne having gone on vacation. During his absence, I saw posters having a good time, posting frequently and in general enjoying the board for what it is supposed to be. However, since Wayne returned, and over and above his attacks against certain people and moderators, and not taking into consideration that many of the topics that were the source of antagonism prior to his departure have been re-addressed, the board is now almost the opposite of what it was during his absence. Participation has declined considerably in just a couple of days. Content I find highly objectionalbe has been introduced without fear of reprisal. In short, the board has once again become the battleground through only a select few can dominate.

I believe the board is no longer a venue for equalized debate or discussion, and has been returned to the state of "Wayne's World" as it was prior to his vacation where only a select few are entitled to speak freely and without fear of reprisal. I'm sadly disappointed as the last week or so was quite a pleasant change and very enjoyable.

Author:  Ante Bozanich [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

roadside wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or even feels this way, but it appears as though the board has become almost every bit as stressful and unpleasant as it was prior to Wayne having gone on vacation. During his absence, I saw posters having a good time, posting frequently and in general enjoying the board for what it is supposed to be. However, since Wayne returned, and over and above his attacks against certain people and moderators, and not taking into consideration that many of the topics that were the source of antagonism prior to his departure have been re-addressed, the board is now almost the opposite of what it was during his absence. Participation has declined considerably in just a couple of days. Content I find highly objectionalbe has been introduced without fear of reprisal. In short, the board has once again become the battleground through only a select few can dominate.

I believe the board is no longer a venue for equalized debate or discussion, and has been returned to the state of "Wayne's World" as it was prior to his vacation where only a select few are entitled to speak freely and without fear of reprisal. I'm sadly disappointed as the last week or so was quite a pleasant change and very enjoyable.


I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.

I consider the above post nothing more but a continuous personal bias and a smear without any factual or rational substance or merit.

Author:  jhawk [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Ante Bozanich wrote:
roadside wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or even feels this way, but it appears as though the board has become almost every bit as stressful and unpleasant as it was prior to Wayne having gone on vacation. During his absence, I saw posters having a good time, posting frequently and in general enjoying the board for what it is supposed to be. However, since Wayne returned, and over and above his attacks against certain people and moderators, and not taking into consideration that many of the topics that were the source of antagonism prior to his departure have been re-addressed, the
I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.

I consider the above post nothing more but a continuous personal bias and a smear without any factual or rational substance or merit.


************************

The words pot and kettle come to mind.
Just because you can't get away with your aggression and increasing nastiness, you whinge and gripe like a schoolkid who can't get his own way.

I for one have noticed the change in you over the last few months.
If you can't stand the heat....Bu**er off.

Author:  Ante Bozanich [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

jhawk wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
roadside wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or even feels this way, but it appears as though the board has become almost every bit as stressful and unpleasant as it was prior to Wayne having gone on vacation. During his absence, I saw posters having a good time, posting frequently and in general enjoying the board for what it is supposed to be. However, since Wayne returned, and over and above his attacks against certain people and moderators, and not taking into consideration that many of the topics that were the source of antagonism prior to his departure have been re-addressed, the
I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.

I consider the above post nothing more but a continuous personal bias and a smear without any factual or rational substance or merit.


************************

The words pot and kettle come to mind.
Just because you can't get away with your aggression and increasing nastiness, you whinge and gripe like a schoolkid who can't get his own way.

I for one have noticed the change in you over the last few months.
If you can't stand the heat....Bu**er off.


Please, you should at least try to post so not to confuse the other readers to who said what in your posts.

If you look above at the second paragraph of roadside's quote is what I should be quoted saying.

Author:  pops [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Ante Bozanich wrote:

I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.

I consider the above post nothing more but a continuous personal bias and a smear without any factual or rational substance or merit.

You would wouldn't you

Author:  Fosgate [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

roadside wrote:
However, since Wayne returned, and over and above his attacks against certain people and moderators, and not taking into consideration that many of the topics that were the source of antagonism prior to his departure have been re-addressed, the board is now almost the opposite of what it was during his absence.


I'm not sure exactly what it is you're talking about here but can assure you that Wayne has attacked no one. Challenged a few yes, attacked, no.

Quote:
Participation has declined considerably in just a couple of days.


Has it? I can't tell. What say we let the data speak for itself?

Quote:
Content I find highly objectionalbe has been introduced without fear of reprisal.


Evidently it was not found to be objectionable by the staff. I suppose some can keep complaining about it in the appropriate forum, as you've done here. I don't think one would get much further with it though.

Quote:
In short, the board has once again become the battleground through only a select few can dominate.


I see it more as a select few being intimidated.

Quote:
I believe the board is no longer a venue for equalized debate or discussion, and has been returned to the state of "Wayne's World" as it was prior to his vacation where only a select few are entitled to speak freely and without fear of reprisal. I'm sadly disappointed as the last week or so was quite a pleasant change and very enjoyable.


It is interesting to me to see a group that generally does not support AR to be acting like the bulk of AR's that have passed through here in the past.

I say, if you can't back up your opinions with data, that's your problem. Don't complain about those that can and do.

Author:  pops [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Wayne Stollings wrote:
No, you have been issued warnings for your violation of the rules, but not for participating in a discussion as was the context point. If you have a concern over that issue you can take it to the Feedback Forum and ask there.

Then your post to Jhawk is untrue... And I have been isuued warnings ... How do you get warnings if you are not patisapating in a disscussion. That sounds like you talking out of both sides of your mouth... :lol:

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

pops wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
No, you have been issued warnings for your violation of the rules, but not for participating in a discussion as was the context point. If you have a concern over that issue you can take it to the Feedback Forum and ask there.

Then your post to Jhawk is untrue... And I have been isuued warnings ... How do you get warnings if you are not patisapating in a disscussion. That sounds like you talking out of both sides of your mouth... :lol:


Posting off topic, posting spam, or arguing with a moderator decision would all be grounds for a warning/ban without participating in a discussion. By definition the participation in a discussion, within the rules, is the purpose of this forum.

Author:  rpedog [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Ante Bozanich wrote:
I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.


Pure fiction. What actually happened is you were not catered to when you whined. No one should be.

Author:  jhawk [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

rpedog wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
I strongly believe that just the opposite is true. The integrity, seriousness and fairness on this forum and meaningful discussion regarding animal rights and welfare has been restored which was severely lacking and had quickly deteriorated during Wayne's absence.


Pure fiction. What actually happened is you were not catered to when you whined. No one should be.


*****************

=D> =D> =D>

Author:  OHIOSTEVE [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

This entire thing is giving me kindergarden flashbacks...when you guys get past who gets picked last for kickball maybe we can get back to some decent topics.

Author:  pops [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Wayne Stollings wrote:
pops wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
No, you have been issued warnings for your violation of the rules, but not for participating in a discussion as was the context point. If you have a concern over that issue you can take it to the Feedback Forum and ask there.

Then your post to Jhawk is untrue... And I have been isuued warnings ... How do you get warnings if you are not patisapating in a disscussion. That sounds like you talking out of both sides of your mouth... :lol:


Posting off topic, posting spam, or arguing with a moderator decision would all be grounds for a warning/ban without participating in a discussion. By definition the participation in a discussion, within the rules, is the purpose of this forum.

Ineresting that one of the AR posters said the very same thing that I did before I said it and had no warning issued for it. Nor did I at any time Argue with any moderator

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

pops wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Posting off topic, posting spam, or arguing with a moderator decision would all be grounds for a warning/ban without participating in a discussion. By definition the participation in a discussion, within the rules, is the purpose of this forum.

Ineresting that one of the AR posters said the very same thing that I did before I said it and had no warning issued for it. Nor did I at any time Argue with any moderator


How is that connected to the explanation of how one can get a warning/ban without participating in a discussion? Also, the references to prior warnings in this context is an argument, just so you were aware.

Author:  pops [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Wayne Stollings wrote:
pops wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Posting off topic, posting spam, or arguing with a moderator decision would all be grounds for a warning/ban without participating in a discussion. By definition the participation in a discussion, within the rules, is the purpose of this forum.

Ineresting that one of the AR posters said the very same thing that I did before I said it and had no warning issued for it. Nor did I at any time Argue with any moderator


How is that connected to the explanation of how one can get a warning/ban without participating in a discussion? Also, the references to prior warnings in this context is an argument, just so you were aware.

Umm as defined by who ... or is that whom?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument
Also see
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Author:  josh knauer [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Way We Were

Roadside... your original post is passive aggressive whining. This forum is not a personal blog for your observations on the absence of a moderator. You are not providing any constructive feedback for the forums other than furthering your personal issues with Wayne.

Wayne is here as a moderator, and if he chooses to will continue to be a moderator. If you keep acting this way, I can not say the same for your status as a welcome user.

Everyone else... I realize you think you are helping (somehow) on one "side" or another, but I REALLY don't want to hear your opinions on the passive aggressive whining of another user. Hear this clearly: if you help inflame a thread here in the feedback section from this point forward, you will be banned for a week by me. Inflaming a thread here is defined as sticking your nose into another user's feedback with unhelpful or inflammatory postings.

-josh

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/