EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Impressive how warm we continue to run, even without +ENSO conditions present. Compare that to a year with similar ENSO conditions like 2012, and you can see how much warmer we are. This is despite the fact that solar activity was actually higher in 2012 than it is now. That is representative of the underlying anthropogenic warming trend that contrarians say doesn't exist in recent years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Snowy,

Glad to see you are still around. How goes the studies?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Snowy,

Thanks, Wayne.

I have Dr. Mann as a climate dynamics professor this semester, actually. We are discussing about climate model projections of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) as a response to Greenland melt, and we are comparing them to observations. The AMOC is important for the transfer of heat poleward, which is thus important for weather patterns. The observed colder than normal signature is actually about 100-150 years ahead of schedule compared to modeled projections. So we are well ahead of where climate models depicted we would be at this time, with regard to the AMOC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Snowy,

Thanks, Wayne.

I have Dr. Mann as a climate dynamics professor this semester, actually. We are discussing about climate model projections of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) as a response to Greenland melt, and we are comparing them to observations. The AMOC is important for the transfer of heat poleward, which is thus important for weather patterns. The observed colder than normal signature is actually about 100-150 years ahead of schedule compared to modeled projections. So we are well ahead of where climate models depicted we would be at this time, with regard to the AMOC.

Yes, I have been reading on the Greenland ice situation. The coastal glaciers seem to have passed their tipping point already and the interior glaciers seem to be showing signs of stress as well, just not to a tipping point yet.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

For your review fence sitters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_6zBCw7WM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:36 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Betsy4ever wrote:
Though the forum is small but I already started seeing some interesting data in the thread

Look at both sides and decide for yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Milton Banana wrote:
For your review fence sitters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_6zBCw7WM

And try to convince yourself the US actually is the world to try to make this crap somewhat believable.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Milton Banana wrote:
Betsy4ever wrote:
Though the forum is small but I already started seeing some interesting data in the thread

Look at both sides and decide for yourself.

Yes, but don't let the misrepresentations that Milton posts confuse you.

For example:

http://climatechange.procon.org/sourcef ... timony.pdf

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

This needs no extra commentary.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2017/04/sho ... ng-at-uah/

Quote:
A total of seven shots were fired into our National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC) building here at UAH over the weekend.

All bullets hit the 4th floor, which is where John Christy’s office is (my office is in another part of the building).

Given that this was Earth Day weekend, with a March for Science passing right past our building on Saturday afternoon, I think this is more than coincidence. When some people cannot argue facts, they resort to violence to get their way. It doesn’t matter that we don’t “deny global warming”; the fact we disagree with its seriousness and the level of human involvment in warming is enough to send some radicals into a tizzy.

Our street is fairly quiet, so I doubt the shots were fired during Saturday’s march here. It was probably late night Saturday or Sunday for the shooter to have a chance of being unnoticed.

Maybe the “March For Science” should have been called the “March To Silence”.

Campus and city police say they believe the shots were fired from a passing car, based upon the angle of entry into one of the offices. Shell casings were recovered outside. The closest distance a passing car would have been is 70 yards away.

Quote:
UPDATE: Local news reports that UAH police have classified this as a “random shooting”. So, the seven Belgian 5.7 millimeter bullets which hit windows and bricks around John Christy’s office from 70 yards away were apparently deemed to be “random” occurrence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Milton Banana wrote:

Quote:
A total of seven shots were fired into our National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC) building here at UAH over the weekend.

All bullets hit the 4th floor, which is where John Christy’s office is (my office is in another part of the building).

Given that this was Earth Day weekend, with a March for Science passing right past our building on Saturday afternoon, I think this is more than coincidence. When some people cannot argue facts, they resort to violence to get their way. It doesn’t matter that we don’t “deny global warming”; the fact we disagree with its seriousness and the level of human involvment in warming is enough to send some radicals into a tizzy.

Our street is fairly quiet, so I doubt the shots were fired during Saturday’s march here. It was probably late night Saturday or Sunday for the shooter to have a chance of being unnoticed.

Campus and city police say they believe the shots were fired from a passing car, based upon the angle of entry into one of the offices. Shell casings were recovered outside. The closest distance a passing car would have been is 70 yards away.

Quote:
UPDATE: Local news reports that UAH police have classified this as a “random shooting”. So, the seven Belgian 5.7 millimeter bullets which hit windows and bricks around John Christy’s office from 70 yards away were apparently deemed to be “random” occurrence.

4 years of this thread running and you're still here? Good lord. Don't you have anything better to do?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Snowy,

Thanks, Wayne.

Hi Snowy. You've got Dr. Mann? That is pretty awesome. He's pretty famous, and gets beaten up a lot in my climate change debates that I still sometimes do. I still have a habit of performing an occasional public service and letting uneducated rednecks on backwater forums know how uneducated and backwater they are. For some reason I've never converted anyone to the "church of AGW."

Remember our conversations on the old Environment Site? Apparently it's up again - sort of:

http://www.altenergyshift.com

Some of the old members are listed, such as Cricket Tragic and besoeker, but not me, and no associated posts, either. I should have bought the forum from Fabian. That way I could have banned Wayne. Haha, just kidding.

Maybe you'll be a famous climate scientist some day and I'll be defending your work against uneducated rednecks on backwater forums, unless your work is terrible, in which I'll just say I don't know who you are. Oh, wait, I actually don't know who you are! LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

HeritageFarm wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Snowy,

Thanks, Wayne.

Hi Snowy. You've got Dr. Mann? That is pretty awesome. He's pretty famous, and gets beaten up a lot in my climate change debates that I still sometimes do. I still have a habit of performing an occasional public service and letting uneducated rednecks on backwater forums know how uneducated and backwater they are. For some reason I've never converted anyone to the "church of AGW."

Remember our conversations on the old Environment Site? Apparently it's up again - sort of:

Some of the old members are listed, such as Cricket Tragic and besoeker, but not me, and no associated posts, either. I should have bought the forum from Fabian. That way I could have banned Wayne. Haha, just kidding.

Maybe you'll be a famous climate scientist some day and I'll be defending your work against uneducated rednecks on backwater forums, unless your work is terrible, in which I'll just say I don't know who you are. Oh, wait, I actually don't know who you are! LOL.

Cool. There were some interesting discussions there. I don't think Fabian would have sold, as I tried both before and during his stint. There were some weird ties that were difficult enough that the US was essentially excluded if I remember correctly after this many years. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

Good luck with the crowd that thinks the ACA is different from Obamacare or that voting for Trump will not really allow him to do all of the things he wants to do.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:58 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Milton Banana wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fence sitters do you think a pattern is emerging?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/24/color ... americans/

Quote:
An editor of a Colorado newspaper argued that environmental activists could morally justify committing violent acts of terror on Americans in the fracking industry, similar to how President Donald Trump justified bombing Syria, in a brief email exchange Saturday with The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Boulder Daily Camera Executive Editor Kevin Kaufman believe citizens who support Trump’s decision to bomb Syria had no grounds to contest the idea that anti-fracking activists were justified blowing up oil and gas wells in the U.S. He told TheDCNF that the two issues are essentially one and the same.

Quote:
“If the oil and gas industry puts fracking wells in our neighborhoods, threatening our lives and our children’s lives, then don’t we have a moral responsibility to blow up wells and eliminate fracking and workers?” Andrew O’Connor wrote in a letter to the paper’s editors.

Quote:
The paper has yet to retract O’Connor’s letter, which still equates fracking to murder and suggests blowing up gas lines would be the “intelligent” move. O’Connor also implies using violence against pipeline companies is a matter of self-defense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:44 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

HeritageFarm wrote:

4 years of this thread running and you're still here? Good lord. Don't you have anything better to do?

You seem to keep coming back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Milton Banana wrote:

Thanks, Wayne.

Maybe you'll be a famous climate scientist some day and I'll be defending your work against uneducated rednecks on backwater forums, unless your work is terrible, in which I'll just say I don't know who you are. Oh, wait, I actually don't know who you are! LOL.[/quote]

Cool. There were some interesting discussions there. I don't think Fabian would have sold, as I tried both before and during his stint. There were some weird ties that were difficult enough that the US was essentially excluded if I remember correctly after this many years. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

Good luck with the crowd that thinks the ACA is different from Obamacare or that voting for Trump will not really allow him to do all of the things he wants to do.[/quote]

Yeah... the US is basically screwed for the next four years. or longer, if this sets a new voting precedence. The country almost didn't survive this election.

Milton Banana wrote:
HeritageFarm wrote:

You seem to keep coming back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't called 99 posts "coming back."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next