EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How green is green?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Why those 'green' cleaning products may not be as green as they seem...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ducts.aspx

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: How green is green?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:01 pm 

Who cares? It is a drop in the bucket compared to the environmental problems of extremely gross overpopulation and AGW with depletion of various resources, and pollution including 6 huge gyres of trash in our oceans.
People think they are being green with their cleaners while driving gas hogs and having more than one kid, plus getting their power from a coal powered grid. It is a joke.

http://www.motherthefilm.com/trailer

:shock: :x :evil: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 am 
New User
New User

I agree with you cleaning product contain no. of toxic chemical which harms environment.I think we should Eco friendly product to keep environment safe and green.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:53 pm 

to answer the original post, I take the stand that my goal for "green" is to eliminate as much as possible to be crossing my property line. To do this I have to look at the two biggest exiting stuff from my land; sewage and garbage. The only way to eliminate significant sewage is to get a composting toilet system. As soon as you rely on bacteria to digest your crap, all your cleaning products needs to be safe for bacteria. There are lots of cleaning solutions listed and described in detail in books and websites for people with composting systems. I am really saying the same thing as Johhny Electriglide but in a more subtle way with an example. The problem is all that water you are treating with chloride then dumping into the environment. The tiny portion of that waste river from what brand of soap you use is at an undetectable level of damage to the environment. Most of our air polution comes from burning coal and fuels to make the electricity we use in peak hours. Stop the flow of electricity onto your property and you will do the best you can do for about 60 percent of our air polution (40 percent represents all forms of transportation with almost 30 of those percentage points from jet planes). I never adressed the garbage side of things because I produce almost no garbage myself because I buy so few things. Garbage is not the problem but rather the indicator of the real problem, packaging. There is so many nasty chemicals entering the environment purely from the manufacturing of paper and plastic packaging products. This includes far more CFCs daily then all the aerosol cans sold all year in the whole world. I only buy empty spray bottles occationally to spray my home-made cleaning solutions (and 70% of the time I just spray water... water works wonders when wiped with a cloth to create a single molecule of water between the surface to be cleaned and the cloth... almost dry cloth does the trick). So, yeah you can eliminate aerosol use but it is an unnoticeable thing if you still buy plastic or most types of paper as packaging (even if it is recycled).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:08 am 

Howdy, Ann!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am 
New User
New User

yup!! i agree with the explanation see as the environmental problem is such huge, we cannot expect the change as the smaller level basis, though we follow, the additional thing to be considered is the present problem/status....firstly cleaning all the unhygienic wastes and there by taking care to maintain the status is the possible way!!