EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 am
Posts: 9576
Snowy? Are there more probs at the enviro site? I log in and it says I'm logged in... and yet I can't post!
What up? :-k


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20579
Location: Southeastern US
Iowanic wrote:
Snowy? Are there more probs at the enviro site? I log in and it says I'm logged in... and yet I can't post!
What up? :-k


Maybe they have standards now ..... :- :mrgreen: O:) :evil:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:
I am willing to bet that March 2012 is probably going to be warmer than February 2012 and January 2012 because of this Solar Storm.

Depending on how strong the CME is will determine how much of an impact this Solar Storm will have on Earth's Climate.

If the CME is very strong, then we can expect a noticeable rise in Earth's Temperature for March, because the CME would significantly reduce the amount of GCRs, more importantly, high level energy GCRs, and it is well documented that when a CME occurs, a significant decrease in GCRs occurs as a result, which is a result of the CME. This is known as a Forbush Decrease.

Earth's Global Cloud Cover as a result may decrease substantially for a few days, allowing for more Solar radiation to reach Earth's Surface, probably leading to a warmer March 2012 that would have otherwise occured without this Solar Storm.


Coincidence? The Global Temp rose by 0.2 Degrees C in one month.


Like Feb. and June of last year?


http://www.drroyspencer.com/2012/04/uah ... -11-deg-c/

YR MON GLOBAL
2011 1 -0.010
2011 2 -0.020
2011 3 -0.101
2011 4 +0.117
2011 5 +0.133
2011 6 +0.315
2011 7 +0.374
2011 8 +0.327
2011 9 +0.289
2011 10 +0.116
2011 11 +0.123
2011 12 +0.126
2012 01 -0.090
2012 02 -0.112
2012 03 +0.108


http://www.drroyspencer.com/2012/03/wha ... peratures/


Could definitely be a coincidence, but I just thought it was interesting.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Iowanic wrote:
Snowy? Are there more probs at the enviro site? I log in and it says I'm logged in... and yet I can't post!
What up? :-k


Iowanic,

I can log in and post, I'm not sure why you can not though. I'll see if Fabian can do anything about this.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 am
Posts: 9576
I appreciate it, Snowy!

Wayne: =;


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:54 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Iowanic wrote:
I appreciate it, Snowy!

Wayne: =;


I asked Fabian about it, and he said your account was working fine. Try PMing him.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2300
Location: Central Colorado
The globe keeps going up, the oceans keep going up, the land itself to the depth of 300' is going up in temperature. The US has had over 26 years of consecutive months higher than before. And the dummies do nothing........
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... st_11.html

Fabian was a singer when I was a kid, is he still around? I'm more of a Hendrix type solar electric guitar player!! Yowza!!!!!

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:03 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 1649
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
From that link:
Quote:
it also marks the 36th consecutive March and 325th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Ann Vole wrote:
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
From that link:
Quote:
it also marks the 36th consecutive March and 325th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average


It's not a question of if we've warmed, it's a question of how much is natural and how much is anthropogenic.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20579
Location: Southeastern US
Snowy123 wrote:
Ann Vole wrote:
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
From that link:
Quote:
it also marks the 36th consecutive March and 325th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average


It's not a question of if we've warmed, it's a question of how much is natural and how much is anthropogenic.


Not really, the important question is whether there is a signifcant anthropogenic contribution which could or should be mitigated to prevent a more significant negative impact.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Not really, the important question is whether there is a signifcant anthropogenic contribution which could or should be mitigated to prevent a more significant negative impact.


Disagree, there is still a large argument about that still taking place in the scientific community.

There are still many uncertainties that still need to be resolved with attribution.

There is no observational evidence for most of the warming being due to human activity. There is far more evidence of a paleoclimatological solar driver, and even more evidence that solar activity has had a dominant role over the 20th Century, and a significant to dominant role in the late-20th Century warming.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20579
Location: Southeastern US
Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Not really, the important question is whether there is a signifcant anthropogenic contribution which could or should be mitigated to prevent a more significant negative impact.


Disagree, there is still a large argument about that still taking place in the scientific community.


There can be a huge disagreement in the scientific community and the decision either way is not important to anyone outside of that community.

Quote:
There are still many uncertainties that still need to be resolved with attribution.


Not for the question at hand, which is whether we cqan mitigate our impcat on the climate in time or not.

Quote:
There is no observational evidence for most of the warming being due to human activity. There is far more evidence of a paleoclimatological solar driver, and even more evidence that solar activity has had a dominant role over the 20th Century, and a significant to dominant role in the late-20th Century warming.


Only in the fringes of the scientific community and not in the areas in which the majority of the experts reside.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am
Posts: 524
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Not for the question at hand, which is whether we cqan mitigate our impcat on the climate in time or not.


Only in the fringes of the scientific community and not in the areas in which the majority of the experts reside.


I have posted many peer reviewed papers on the other thread questioning that most of the warming is due to anthropogenic greenhouse gases.

And there is no observational evidence that GHGs are responsible for most of the warming seen.

_________________
~Snowy123; Amateur Meteorologist and Climatologist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20579
Location: Southeastern US
Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Not for the question at hand, which is whether we cqan mitigate our impcat on the climate in time or not.


Only in the fringes of the scientific community and not in the areas in which the majority of the experts reside.


I have posted many peer reviewed papers on the other thread questioning that most of the warming is due to anthropogenic greenhouse gases.

And there is no observational evidence that GHGs are responsible for most of the warming seen.


The papers can question all you like, but the evidence is pretty sparse to support their views.
How many papers do you suppose question those conclusions? :mrgreen:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5778
Location: USA
Wayne Stollings wrote:
The papers can question all you like, but the evidence is pretty sparse to support their views.
How many papers do you suppose question those conclusions? :mrgreen:


It's amazing how many confuse an ability to ask questions with evidence to the contrary, isn't it?

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group