It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
Breaking News...The Earth is Warming... Still. A LOT
Posted on 16 March 2012 by Glenn Tamblyn

In a previous post we discussed how the argument that the Earth has stopped warming doesn't make much sense because the people claiming this don't know how to draw their 'system boundaries' correctly - how can you work out whether the Earth is warming if you don't take account of all the places where it may be warming? And most commentary seems to only focus on surface temperatures. Which is only 3% of the Total Heat Content change.

I was reading through this post, and assumed that this post was talking about the 0-700 meter range in the ocean, which is where we have the best data for the ocean.

Then I realized the values seemed high when it talked about 2003-present.

Then I realized it was talking about the Oceanic Heat Content in the 0-2000 meter range.

That's when I stopped reading.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Ann Vole wrote:
My take on it is this: it does not matter if the increase in GHGs is primarily anthropogenic or not, we should not knowingly make matters worse.

Snowy123 wrote:
Agreed that the human influence should be kept to the minimum in case things get out of hand, but would increased Carbon Dioxide make things worse? Would warming make things worse?

We should strive to quit changing the environment in any way. Since CO2 levels are rising quickly, that is one of the first things we should be trying not to add to. Taking the skeptic's view, we have no clue what any change will do but we can be fairly sure it will result in a change in the weather. In just about all aspects of change we could say there is a 50% chance that the particular aspect will change to our liking. With each aspect, you multiply the chance if you want to know if all the changes are going to be good. With 2 aspects, we have 1/4 chance (.5 x .5) that both aspects will change for the better. With 3 aspects we have 1/8 chance. With so many weather aspects to worry about, you can be sure it will be a bad thing for most of us. My method of reducing my impact on the world, no matter what the issue (green house gasses being only a small set of issues), I strive to quit moving things across my property line. Don't buy stuff, don't throw stuff away. That may be bad for the economy but nature has the opportunity to be as natural as it can be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 am 
New User
New User

i think that there is no conclusion on the climate change that is the every scientist do a work on it but there is no chance to remove it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 pm 

I see you are having a problem with your English, "einfopedia", and you forgot to introduce yourself, too. #-o :mrgreen: [-X :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 am 
New User
New User

i think that there is no conclusion on a climate change.its happen day by day

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

NAS final report:

http://nas-sites.org/americasclimatecho ... l-reports/