EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Ground-source geothermal delivers 3-5 times more heat then the energy put into the heat pump in the system. The cooled surface earth acts like a solar panel as it warms up. Wind energy suffers from a vast change in energy input from the very quickly changing wind speeds. My idea is to use the wind turbine to power a hydraulic pump instead of an electrical alternator and then use that energy to power a heat pump relay. There will first be a ground-source geothermal system and paired with that will be pipes for a cooling loop for an electricity-generating steam turbine. The hot side of the heat pump will go to a storage layer that also acts as a heat exchanger for a second heat pump system that takes that warm earth and brings it to dry steam temperatures that are then stored in a bore-hole heat storage system (surrounded by the above-mentioned first-stage hot storage/heat exchanger). The bore-hole storage will be used to provide steam for the generation of electricity with the above-mentioned steam turbine. This will make the whole area into a solar panel via geothermal and be primarily wind powered. Even at the slowest wind and all the way to the highest wind energy the wind turbine can handle, 100% of the energy will be turned into heat pump energy and stored.

I think I will build such a system to provide energy for my house and pre-heating for a even higher temperature storage for a kiln. (also powered by wind). I will need an alternate to solar for heating as I will be trying to develop industrial greenhouse projects that will be shading the house.