EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: capitalist vs naturalist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:24 pm 
New User
New User

So i rented a cabin a few years back on this creek. Well across the road that is. We put our children in it and had a great time. The creek looked liked pool water. Well come to find out from a neighbor who had lived there for years it was polluted from mine run off just a few miles up creek. So we investigated it because the owners told us it was spring fed and not polluted. ADEQ Arkansas Department Of Environmental Quality) has it listed as Impaired and unable to sustain aquatic life from just above where we rented to just below the cabin, about a 2 mile stretch. My kids had to have swallowed some water as i know i did. Is this how we want to make money? Selling lies? This folks have advertised what is proven untrue by looking it up at ADEQ. We have dug further and personally want to shut down this operation from advertising the creek as safe. I don't care if they are open for business but to sell it as a safe swimming hole and allow me and my family plus countless others to enter the water not knowing it could be a health concern is crazy. Am I being crazy here? I posted a review on google for Cove Creek Cabins and they basically called me a liar even though the information is public and can be researched. Needed to hear from like minded people to see if im over reacting or on the right track here. I think its possible illegal to advertise it as something it is not? What do ya'll think?