|stabilize greenhouse gasses
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||gctimes [ Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 pm ]|
|Post subject:||stabilize greenhouse gasses|
There are numerous ways that we can stabilize greenhouse gasses, thereby "stopping" climate change. Governments of 1st world and even developing nations must implement some of the following policies (and most might, at least implement some of the following, especially after the upcoming COP meeting of the UNFCCC in Paris). Clearly, the path to stabilize GHG emissions includes making it a priority for governments to financially invest in at least some of these solutions:
1. A carbon tax, or carbon cap-and-trade system, or both
2. Further investment in, and development of all forms of renewable energy including: wind, solar, geothermal and biomass/biofuel etc...
3. Carbon capture and storage
4. Widespread adoption of hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles, as well as sustainable mass transportation using biofuel or electricity (bus systems, light rail etc...)
5. More use of, and development of smart grid infrastructure - smart meters, home energy management systems etc...
5. Energy, especially renewable energy, storage
This is certainly an incomplete list, so please feel free to add points.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group