Member with over 1000 posts!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rec ... b379f55994

If You’re Younger Than 31, You’ve Never Experienced This
Life was cooler in 1985.
06/23/2016 10:27 pm ET
"Chris D’Angelo
Associate Editor, HuffPost Hawaii
Still not convinced the Earth is rapidly warming? Consider this: The last time the global monthly temperature was below average was February 1985.

That means if you are 30 years old or younger, there has not been a single month in your entire life that was colder than average.

“It’s a completely different world we’re already living in,” Mark Eakin, coordinator of NOAA’s Coral Reef Watch, told scientists gathered this week for the International Coral Reef Symposium in Honolulu. He added it likely won’t be long before that same age bracket has experienced only above-average temperatures.

“It’s happening that fast,” Eakin said."

I think it was WAY cooler in the '60s! Dig?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 am 
New User
New User

Wow, thanks for this read!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:05 pm 

TES; "I wonder what happened to the myriad denialists that were there; paradox, ward, cacba, snowlover, meme, flogger, and all the other tripes. Some went to altenergy and were trounced!
I think of all the strong environmentalists that were treated badly and either left or were banned, like our Jaunty, Paul Jambor, Johnny Electriglide/mgopilot, Dr. Northrup, and others.
To me, it never made sense to give equal credence to naysayers who went against scientific data and facts.
I have to admit it was fun to argue sometimes, but it was way too much and that is about all it was---a place to just argue and nothing getting done. I guess that under the circumstances, I am also glad it is gone. Good riddance!!!"
snowlover came around to understanding CAGW. I think John Talbot Ross died. Could be that milton banana the denialist jerk is one of the ones above. It doesn't much matter anymore seeing we are in runaway that only a Toba Event equivalent or stronger can maybe stop. For a while, then the heat goes past the cooling ability of a super volcano toward the thermal max of +14*C and 100% humidity with very thick reflective clouds that cool it back to near what is had been, in 100,000 years, or more. 95-99% extinction.
It doesn't appear that the "Venus Effect" is possible because of our large oceans. IMEO