[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Join the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

No problem, Bozanich. There's more where that came from. You see, if one works hard, and shows perseverance and responsibility within the capitalist system, rather than being a freeloader and a loser, one gets to the point to where one can afford to do such things. \:D/[/quote]

Oh pleeeese Grizzly! As if we all don't work hard - no matter the system. We ALL show perserverance and accountability - it's what we are made of. We are made to care and love for one another. This is our natural order. We can all go to Mexico and/or Hawaii if we decide to. And yet we might decide not to .... for various reasons ...
for carious good reasons ....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 am 

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:39 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 am 

Hmmm ... and I will add that because people are dumpster diving does not make them "losers". In fact, they are contributing by lessening the waste which goes into the landfills. They tend to share the bounty and thereby create community. The waste is created by the capitalist system under which we all must operate. I don't believe that those who have a difficult time operating under such a system lack fortitude or industry.

Consider Jiddu Krishnamurti's reflection when he said "It is no measure of success to be well adjusted to a profoundly corrupt society".

You didn't specifically hit a nerve - but a nerve was hit while reading the rude, insulting responses to CL. She amazed me with her level of patience with most of you and she has probably called it quits because her patience was no doubt wearing thin. A good call on her part I'd say. She is a lady afterall.

I'm sure she is well aware that the comments made on this forum are not necessarily reflective of the general population - this forum turning into a dog-fighting pit from time to time, and that it is the nature of internet anonimity which gives license for such incredible rudeness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Hi, I am not gone (yet) just was having time out from internet and some rest now all cats are now in one solid routine.

Thanks Animal Friendly for your input and observations. I took what you said on board and already had realised the situation also. I used to admin a games forum some years ago and know only too well how it can get. If I had seen something like this happen I would have been kicking asses and it would have been stopped in its tracks.

Yes, my main concern was for my animals during the shooting season and then other's animals and of course people living in the close vicinity namely me and my neighbour as we are way too near to the forest and stray bullets can happen especially if there is a bunch of folk all shooting at one time. It is a delicate and very difficult to get the balance correct. It's someone's business and indirectly through that, others' hobby or leisure interest which is opposite to someone's elses beliefs, choice of living and home and interest (as in preserving and rescuing life).
Living almost on the border of 2 countries and shooting immediately on the border is a gray area where rules are concerned.

I still believe there has to be a compromise between anti & pro hunting - no one side has a right over the other despite the rights that they think that they have to do it or oppose it.

On the subject of accountability, all this ''carry-on'' here would not improve the general opinion of those who think that hunters are blood thirsty & unreasonable, gun slinging individuals. If I thought that any hunters shooting near me had that level of behaviour or attitude that I witnessed here then I would think that my fears about them would be not unfounded. So if people do have fears for their animals, homes etc then perhaps it would be a good idea to help lay those worries to rest rather than exacerbate them and the general opinion.

CL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am 

Oh, please, Catlady...now you disappoint me.

Well; you came here under your own free will and said what you've said but I certainly can't understand how you came to the conclusions you have.

The oddest thing, too.....The more I read your posts, the more apparent I think it becomes....

There always seem to be just one more remark you need to add concerning how terrible hunters are.

Oh; you're quick to insist how you think hunting has it's benefits and how comprise is a good thing....

But then that little quirky backhanded comment or passing reference to any of a number of patent ARA- sung threats posed by hunters works it's way loose.

Maybe it's just your way of communcating..

Anyone else notice what I'm talking about? Or is it just me?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Last edited by CatLady on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 am 

And, since I've made a parallel between genocide of nonhuman animal individuals and Holocaust and compared those who murder them with Nazis, here are only couple of classic quotations from two Jewish geniuses:

1. Theodor W. Adorno, who, according to Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy "was one of the most important philosophers and social critics in Germany after World War II wrote: "Auschwitz begins whenever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they are only animals."

2. Isaac Bashevis Singer, one of the leading figures in the Yiddish literary movement, and recipient of the Nobel Prize in literature in 1978 wrote: "As often as Herman had witnessed the slaughter of animals and fish, he always had the same thought: in their behaviour toward creatures, all men were Nazis. The smugness with which man could do with other species as he pleased exemplified the most extreme racist theories, the principle that might is right."

Enough said!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next