EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:36 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

CatLady wrote:
well clearly you are not scots because it is used in a funny way there rather than the literal definition, so I can assure you it was not used in a bad way. There is such a thing as lateral other wise DMcL would be coming to shoot my cats (boom, boom, joke!).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty

check out (b)

I have always felt that calling someone an idiot even though they have proven holes in your claims to be dangerous grounds to thread without being seen as an even greater idiot then the person you accuse. The fact that hunters exist around your home and your dislike for those hunters does not detract from the fact that they have as much right to hunt as your feral cats. My supporting those hunters does not make me an idiot but I worry about your sleep deprivation. :mrgreen:

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:07 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

No one is calling anyone an idiot. For one who made a joke a few posts ago, its a pity you cannot seem to see other humour or tongue in cheek comments.
Whats all this holes in claims rubbish? Pot calling the kettle black, springs to mind the accusatory most insulting innuendo comments seem to be coming from Animal Lover and yourself mainly.

I understand you are on defense mode over the right to hunt thing - thats ok, fair enough, but no need for all the innuendo. I ''get'' your behavior, I ''get'' your point, there is no need to keep on it like a dog with a rabbit - (excuse the pun).

There are no holes in my claims - I do what I do and know it to be true and I am who I say that I am -have no need to invent stuff. There are some over active imaginations, and apparent paranoia at work (as in this thing about that I am someone else who posted here before for instance - I am not that person). It is wearing very thin now, are you going to stop it.

Why is administration allowing this to happen is another question that I have?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am 

CatLady wrote:
No one is calling anyone an idiot. For one who made a joke a few posts ago, its a pity you cannot seem to see other humour or tongue in cheek comments.
Quote:

I never complained about your attempt at humor> I simply pointed out the effects of pretending someone is a idiot sometimes costs the accuser more then the recipient. You seem to have built my case marvelously.
:-k

Quote:
Whats all this holes in claims rubbish? Pot calling the kettle black, springs to mind the accusatory most insulting innuendo comments seem to be coming from Animal Lover and yourself mainly.

Pointing out that your claims of 20 hour stints & self promotion do not allow you the right to want hunters wiped away is the debate. Sorry you missed it.

Quote:
I understand you are on defense mode over the right to hunt thing - thats ok, fair enough, but no need for all the innuendo. I ''get'' your behavior, I ''get'' your point, there is no need to keep on it like a dog with a rabbit - (excuse the pun).

I get to chose when this dog doesn't hunt anymore ,not you. That is a most important position for me to keep in the forefront as hunters have a purpose in altruistic pursuits that might be contrary to yours which seem blind to why we are a part of nature.

There are no holes in my claims - I do what I do and know it to be true and I am who I say that I am -have no need to invent stuff. There are some over active imaginations, and apparent paranoia at work (as in this thing about that I am someone else who posted here before for instance - I am not that person). It is wearing very thin now, are you going to stop it.

Why is administration allowing this to happen is another question that I have?

There are holes in your claims with regards to hunting and your claims for wanting hunting stopped even though it is legal and those hunters are described as a noisy inconvenience to you. Did you feel that way about God and the last thunderstorm. Did you ask nature to stop sending thunder your way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
[color=#BF0000]Pointing out that your claims of 20 hour stints & self promotion do not allow you the right to want hunters wiped away is the debate.

I have a question--since when did anyone need a right or permission to want something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:22 pm 

Fosgate wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Pointing out that your claims of 20 hour stints & self promotion do not allow you the right to want hunters wiped away is the debate.

I have a question--since when did anyone need a right or permission to want something?

[color=#FF0000]
Since folks like Catlady have declared that hunters should not have the right to hunt since it their want/desire that precedes the action that would strip away hunting rights, my point should be obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Pointing out that your claims of 20 hour stints & self promotion do not allow you the right to want hunters wiped away is the debate.

[color=#FF0000]
Since folks like Catlady have declared that hunters should not have the right to hunt since it their want/desire that precedes the action that would strip away hunting rights, my point should be obvious.

I think so, but just so we're clear...you're saying that a right to opinion is required when said opinion is, #1, declared, and #2, the declared opinion is that another is not deserving of a given right or privilege (in this case, hunting).

I've always been under the impression that I can hold any opinion I see fit. Is this not the case where CatLady resides?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm 

Quote:

[/quote]

Quote:
I think so, but just so we're clear...you're saying that a right to opinion is required when said opinion is, #1, declared, and #2, the declared opinion is that another is not deserving of a given right or privilege (in this case, hunting).

I've always been under the impression that I can hold any opinion I see fit. Is this not the case where CatLady resides?

My problem doesn't rest with her opinion unless it interferes with my right or the rights of others to hunt. PLEASE!! notice the header of this thread where it becomes apparent that Catlady is doing more then offering an OPINION.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

My problem doesn't rest with her opinion unless it interferes with my right or the rights of others to hunt. PLEASE!! notice the header of this thread where it becomes apparent that Catlady is doing more then offering an OPINION.

Fos's claim is weak and intellectually dishonest since that was not what was not even what said......but just his attempt at turning tables....which has now been exposed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:53 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Well, Ante started the thread, but I could see CatLady joining the GAHC if that's what you mean. Even then, so what? She has as much right to do so as you do (the privilege) to hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm 

Fosgate wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Well, Ante started the thread, but I could see CatLady joining the GAHC. But then, so what? She has as much right to do so as you do (the privilege) to hunt.

No kidding>> Then you figure I just might have a reason to protect the rights of hunters which she has voiced more then just having opinion against hunting, since her first thread here, was to condemn hunters & hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
No kidding>> Then you figure I just might have a reason to protect the rights of hunters which she has voiced more then just having opinion against hunting, since her first thread here, was to condemn hunters & hunting.

Yeah, so? You'll have to forgive me. All due respect to CatLady, but I'm not terribly concerned with what an anti-hunter or AR proponent posts in opposition to my own views on a discussion forum, especially one claiming to sleep no more than 4 hours a night. I honestly don't see what the threat is here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:07 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Everyone has a right to an opinion and a right to express it. I am not going to change my basic views and nor are the people who have been regularly replying to my posts. I do not like hunting and never will - all this harranging will not alter it.
I do acknowledge that I cannot stop hunting happening and that some people appear to enjoy it (why is beyond me if I am to be honest, because having witnessed it from a spectator personal POV and taken part in it many years ago, it is distasteful to me) but everyone to their own.

I came on a bit strong in my earlier post here which has caused some sheer bloody-mindedness and relentless negativity and picking holes (actually in hindsight a good expression for whats been happening here) in almost every thing that I post, my integrity and honesty have been under fire and every post I make regardless of what it says they still keep on tending to harp back to the first one and have also suggesting that I am somebody else whom used to post here. On their part it has gone beyond expressing an opinion and has become something totally different. So...ho hum... ](*,)

One great thing, I caught the 2 forest cats at last thanks to extreme weather, (these are the 2 pushed my sleep times over the limit) it happened finally at the weekend during a very cold blizzard (siberian type conditions) which made it easier to do, one gave-up and came in on Friday and the other held out until 6AM Sunday. So if there is any more hunting nearby they will not be in the forest at that time. 8)

CL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 am 

Well, that sounds good for the kitties.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 am 

animallover wrote:
CatLady wrote:
Hi everyone

what are you all like!?

Yes, I was a bit strong on the ''wipe'' bit - send them to Timbuktu or something, I spend about from 6am in the morning until 2am in the next morning of my day on cats, feeding them, cleaning their houses spending time with them, it takes a while to get around them all and when the last one is done I have to start all over again - my choice I know, and I am not complaining at all - it is a privilege to have them, but running after 11 cats can be quite a job when there are three different groups of them all in different places and I am awaiting a cat run to be built - which will make this sort of situation easier I should imagine.

You do not have a clue what I do or how much I care about my cats.

You know, the guys/hunters may not be able to call you out on this but I can.
Going by your statements here, you clearly are not and have not had any experience working with feral cats. I actually even doubt you feed ferals on a regular basis.
You are basing how feral cats are on something you have "read about" and not on actually being around them or working with them. I know this because I know the difference and I have read things written about ferals and I actually work with them, tame them and home them.....and I do it quite frequently and have been doing it for some time. Funny thing is you don't even know what you said that exposed you here.

Your only purpose here is to attack hunters and you just let the "cat" out of the bag and showed your hand with your complete lack of knowledge about working with ferals. You are telling stories.
[-X [-X

From the information gleaned here Cat-Lady, do not be concerned or share your thoughts, ideas, or reasoning with this one. She will attempt to drag you down into a morass of illogical weirdeness. Even here, at this early point in the conversation, she accuses you of not "actually" knowing anything about feral cats and therefore not able to advocate for their welfare. Obviously, you can probably figure this out .... and yet, I will give you the heads-up. Don't even bother .... She accuses you of basing your knowledge on somethinbg you have heard about or read about ... whereas most of us can figure out that you are dealing with a true situation ....

It seems clear that you do not like the actions of the hunters in your environment and you are concerned with the cats, both feral and otherwise. Seems we might be discussing the rights of the hunters vs. your concerns re: the cats and possibly other animals including the well-being of humans in the area. Seems that some of the hunting might be legal while some may not (birds?). Either way, the well-being of the cats is an important issue and one that you have taken on. There might be some "yahooos" in your area, or in other words, those who don't give a hoot for the environment just as long as they can have some fun. From what I underastand, this is your concern.

I am sumarizing here. Just listening ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:30 am 

Grizzly Bear wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Grizzly Bear wrote:
I think I'm going to write a donation check of $1,147 ...

You're going to have to bring that up to $ 1,415 because the membership since yesterday has gone up by about 300 members.

Enough time spent here... Yuck!

No problem, Bozanich. There's more where that came from. You see, if one works hard, and shows perseverance and responsibility within the capitalist system, rather than being a freeloader and a loser, one gets to the point to where one can afford to do such things. \:D/

Grizzly! Please ... we ALL show responsibility ..... it's what we are made of, no matter the system. Ante is neither a freeloader nor a loser .... and neither are you ... and neither am I .... or any of us! We seem to have different opinions about "HOW" to be responsible. We all work hard ... sometimes creating things, sometimes nurturing others ... it's all good. I think we might do well in trusting one another. Ante is not your enemy. Grizzly - you have some smarts - maybe more than some - use them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next