EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: news from australia., .
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 pm 
New User
New User

Hi i've just registered and would like to update anyone who's not aware of the hot topic in australia at the moment. Animals Australia recently released horrific footage of australian cattle being tortured during slaughter in indonesian abattoirs. The federal govt bowed to immense pressure from public after footage went to air on ABC last mon night. Animal rights websites crashed when hundreds of thousands of concerned went on line to sign the petition before a bill is presented to parliament to end live exports on june 20th 2011. The govt. has temporarily suspended the live export of cattle to indonesia, a billion $/year industry, cattle farmers are outraged as their stock has been left in cattle yards and in transit, the whole industry has ground to a halt. Further, the Meat and Livestock Association, responsible for entire animal export industry from farm to market, has been slammed by both sides of the argument having known about the abuses for a decade and not acted. Getting $5/head from every cattle exported at hundreds of thousands/year. to find out more go to Animals Australia website. Also I would like to become verified by someone to participate in online discussions, i don't know anyone but would love to keep you posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

I wish all the volcanoes and faults in Indonesia would go off at once and destroy all the damn heathens. Plus have the side benefit of cooling the Earth while new tech reactors replace coal plants and solar and wind take up the rest, and starvation gets a few billion to thin the over sized human herd. :clap: :clap: =;