EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Still not good enough...
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14604
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Iowanic [ Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Still not good enough...

http://ida.convio.net/site/MessageViewe ... friendly=1

Even local isn't good enough.

And the lie that 'vegan' farming is less damaging then sustainable; low-meat farming is repeated yet again...

Author:  HeritageFarm [ Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

There are probably almost no people in the country who think like this, and certainly no farmers. (that I know of) Perhaps we should always buy meat at the store, where no animals are killed! =D>

Author:  mothy [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Iowanic wrote:
http://ida.convio.net/site/MessageViewer?em_id=19301.0&printer_friendly=1

Even local isn't good enough.

And the lie that 'vegan' farming is less damaging then sustainable; low-meat farming is repeated yet again...



Perhaps if people see the eyes of a soul looking back at them their conscience will refrain from killing. But sadly not in some cases.

Author:  Fosgate [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Iowanic wrote:
Even local isn't good enough.


Good enough for me, chief. The vegetables are pretty good too.

Author:  mothy [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Fosgate wrote:
Iowanic wrote:
Even local isn't good enough.


Good enough for me, chief. The vegetables are pretty good too.


Isn't it the vegetables that are doing the killing?

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

mothy wrote:
Iowanic wrote:
http://ida.convio.net/site/MessageViewer?em_id=19301.0&printer_friendly=1

Even local isn't good enough.

And the lie that 'vegan' farming is less damaging then sustainable; low-meat farming is repeated yet again...



Perhaps if people see the eyes of a soul looking back at them their conscience will refrain from killing. But sadly not in some cases.


I look the potato in the eye before it is peeled and it has no impact on me, and the same for the chicken, pig, cow, squirrel, deer, and the rest.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

mothy wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Iowanic wrote:
Even local isn't good enough.


Good enough for me, chief. The vegetables are pretty good too.


Isn't it the vegetables that are doing the killing?



Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!!!!!

Author:  Fosgate [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

mothy wrote:
Isn't it the vegetables that are doing the killing?


Mothy, you've made no sense to me up until this post. Now I understand where you're coming from.

Author:  mothy [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Fosgate wrote:
mothy wrote:
Isn't it the vegetables that are doing the killing?


Mothy, you've made no sense to me up until this post. Now I understand where you're coming from.


Indeed we live in two different worlds. Mine is one which you don't understand my sense of humour.

Author:  mothy [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Just for the record tomatoes are actually fruit.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

mothy wrote:
Just for the record tomatoes are actually fruit.


Only in one specific scientific definition, not the cooking definition or other scientific definitions. Tomato is not animal or mineral, for example.

Author:  animal-friendly [ Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:
Just for the record tomatoes are actually fruit.


Only in one specific scientific definition, not the cooking definition or other scientific definitions. Tomato is not animal or mineral, for example.


Tomato IS vegetable or fruit for example. (Who said anything about minerals?) As for animal, with genetic engineering, tomato could soon be animal.

Regardless, tomato is not a grain.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

animal-friendly wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:
Just for the record tomatoes are actually fruit.


Only in one specific scientific definition, not the cooking definition or other scientific definitions. Tomato is not animal or mineral, for example.


Tomato IS vegetable or fruit for example. (Who said anything about minerals?) As for animal, with genetic engineering, tomato could soon be animal.

Regardless, tomato is not a grain.


Yes, a tomato is the fruit of the tomato plant, which makes it also vegetable because it is plant life. The mineral reference slipped over your head in the major classifications commonly used.

Yes, there seems to be no disagreement concerning the tomato not being a ceral grain.

Author:  Johhny Electriglide [ Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Wayne Stollings wrote:

I look the potato in the eye before it is peeled and it has no impact on me, and the same for the chicken, pig, cow, squirrel, deer, and the rest.

Same here!! I am seriously thinking about raising food rabbits. The meat tastes like chicken but the rabbits aren't noisy and don't have feathers to deal with. The fur is great for winter clothes and gloves. Redworms in the gardens will eat the remains, and the rabbit pellets make great compost addition. The protein from feed ratio is as good as chickens and tilapia aquaculture. Rabbits will eat the over-abundance of lettuce in the Earthship. \:D/ =D>

Author:  animal-friendly [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Still not good enough...

Only in one specific scientific definition, not the cooking definition or other scientific definitions. Tomato is not animal or mineral, for example.[/quote]

Tomato IS vegetable or fruit for example. (Who said anything about minerals?) As for animal, with genetic engineering, tomato could soon be animal.

Regardless, tomato is not a grain.[/quote]

Yes, a tomato is the fruit of the tomato plant, which makes it also vegetable because it is plant life. The mineral reference slipped over your head in the major classifications commonly used.

Yes, there seems to be no disagreement concerning the tomato not being a ceral grain.[/quote]

Brings to mind that child's guessing game where one need to identify the category first.
Yes, the mineral reference must have slipped over my slippery head.

Glad there's no disagreement that a tomato is not a grain. (There seems to be no icon for a full-on toothy grin)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/