Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: food for thought
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/0 ... 91234.html

Your average meat eater likes to see sheep and cattle grazing peacefully amongst the meandering meadows with no sight of slaughterhouses. True vegans like to see meandering meadows with no sight of sheep and cattle thus no need for slaughterhouses.

Mark my words. There will be a time when the mental connection between species will be fully understood and the closeness we all are will be revealed, I'm talking beyond dna.

Yawn, (plods on his computer) Lions will never be seen sitting around table discussing ethics.

Humans can.

Man is willing to put an animal to death, death the very thing he fears or does not wish for.
Mothy

Until that time enjoy that beef steak.

And enjoy the excitement of war. [-o<

Post subject: Re: food for thought
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

This is all BS. Propaganda by AR enthusiasts. I like slaughterhouses. In fact I am always looking for them, because this is where I can get for free or buy cheap best quality food for my dogs. My chickens like meat as a supplement and so does fish in the pond. All living things are interconnected via food chains. Start from parasites, beneficial microbes in our bodies and ending with whales, bears and big cats. Go back to school and drop this slimy ideology.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm 

sevendogs wrote:
This is all BS. Propaganda by AR enthusiasts. I like slaughterhouses. In fact I am always looking for them, because this is where I can get for free or buy cheap best quality food for my dogs. My chickens like meat as a supplement and so does fish in the pond. All living things are interconnected via food chains. Start from parasites, beneficial microbes in our bodies and ending with whales, bears and big cats. Go back to school and drop this slimy ideology.

Go back to school eh? That is the sort of bitchy comment I would expect coming from an ignoramus. We never escape the school of life. Some people like you are satisfied the way humans fit into the food chain, I am not. That is my freedom of choice. The school bully beats up his victims because he is the tough guy, Does that make it right? We are the tough guys when it comes to animal slaughter. Does that make it right? If there is a God we expect him to be benevolent when it comes to us lesser mortals. Why can't we share that ideology when it comes to 'lesser' animals?

Genesis 1:29 I give you all plants that that bear seed everywhere on earth, and every tree bearing fruit which yields seed. They shall be yours for food.

All things bright and beautiful
all creatures great and small
all things wise and wonderful
the christians eat them all.

BURP!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 am 

mothy wrote:
sevendogs wrote:

What a strange thing to say Sevendogs! You like slaughterhouses? Seems your response is a reaction to a mode of thought that may threaten your well being, supposed, rather than a well considered estimation of the state we find ourselves in ... mostly due to our economic situations. Can't one think for oneself? Can you not think for yourself? Or are you only interested in "buying cheap"? If you are simply interested in "buying cheap", then any criticism of the means of cheap meat might threaten your life-style. Of course, you will retaliate, in fear mostly, that your "cheap" means of livlihood might be threatened by a more compassionate way of being, especially if a more compassionate way of doing things will most definitely threaten your "cheap" way of getting away with luxurious meat, foods of comfort for yourself and your dogs and your chickens.

I think it is obvious that people are concerened about animal suffering, whether they are AR enthusiasts or they are concerned about the welfare of animals that are consumed in huge quantity, or they are concerned about the environment where animals are raised ... both for the animals and for the environment and for the people who must work there. Food chains are a fact. It's the interpretation that is in question ..... Depends on the school i would suppose. Is it welfare to be discussed because nobody brought up animal rights ..... except you. Why should or do we have free outlets where you can get feed for your dogs ... free? And your chickens? Slaughter houses are good for your chickens? Wow. Since when did chickens eat offal? Are you thinking clearly, or are you happy to just be in opposition to those AR nuts? Are you feeding your fish beef? Really? Is this the new thing? We have animals that are pets and we have animals that must be fed to those pets? How crazy are you prepared to get before you die?

Quote:
Go back to school eh? That is the sort of bitchy comment I would expect coming from an ignoramus. We never escape the school of life. Some people like you are satisfied the way humans fit into the food chain, I am not. That is my freedom of choice. The school bully beats up his victims because he is the tough guy, Does that make it right? We are the tough guys when it comes to animal slaughter. Does that make it right? If there is a God we expect him to be benevolent when it comes to us lesser mortals. Why can't we share that ideology when it comes to 'lesser' animals?

Probably because most believe that we have god who said, .... fill in the blanks when it comes to animals. Wound, terrorize, maime, torture .... etc. You humans have the domain over .... so go ahead and create these places called slaughter houses, and then feed your dogs and cats and chickens from them. And while doing so, forget common sense. Who needs common sense, when one has "religion"? Why think for oneself when there are dictates already in place?

Quote:
Genesis 1:29 I give you all plants that that bear seed everywhere on earth, and every tree bearing fruit which yields seed. They shall be yours for food.

Quote:
All things bright and beautiful
all creatures great and small
all things wise and wonderful
the christians eat them all.

BURP!

Ummm Mothy, I like that you are expressing yourself so much lately ...... whereas you were more likely to write riddles before. The Christians eat them,.... as do the Muslims and atheists too. ! I don't think one needs a religious belief system or a lack ..... as there is a food chain of which humans are a part. Sometimes it is completely and absolutely apt that humans eat animals. Sometimes.

But we do have an economics in place, and that economics includes animals as a commodity. And that is as unfortunate as the fact that we have women and children as a commodity too, who are also sold and enslaved.

But it is easier to justify and rationalize food, epecially when it is expressed in gourmet terms. We can easily agree because we can easily congregate amongst delicious food. .... especially as a cultural agreement. Culture can get weird at times. But one must stand alone from it ..... one must even see the culture of gourmet .... and make one's own decisions ..... which sometimes means not participatng. In the case of constant meat dishes, one must stand alone and stand apart. This is not easy. As Jesus said, "to be a part of this world but not of it".

Business as usual means joining with the so called normal and accepting what is the norm .... the norm is eating animals in almost every culture. There are very few who don't ..... but I know it is possible. i spent 3 months in India last winter .... in the South. i ate in restaurants the enire time and in none, not one, was there a meat item on the menu. It is obvious to me that meat eating is a cultural norm. If i was in Texas, it would have been a different story and i would have ordered the 32 ounce steak without the steak. (but please include the mash potatoes and the vegetables).

We become accustomed to the norm, ... whatever that may be. It seems obvious to us that meat is the only source of protein. But by North American standards, we are so enculturated to eating protein that we actually eat way more than is needed. We think that eating meat will give us our protein, while protein is available to us is many forms and is not hard to obtain. There is a prevalance of eating away of the bone, and this is caused by so much meat eating. Osteoporosis, heart disease, etc. in fact, consuming a lot of dairy extracts calcium from the bones.

Check it out. It is weird to eat a lot of animal protein anyway.

Bless you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 am 

Sevendogs .... have you a reply? I am more interested in a conversation than a competition. If you are interested in conversing, then so am I.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 pm 

We all come into this reality in many different guises. I feel if we all rid ourselves of all desires, pre conditioned thoughts, wants, beliefs we may not feel the person that was structured by these and be out of our safety zone but we may get closer to the truth. I feel the truth, that is void of all material and earthly baggages, can be found at the inner core of the human mind . The truth is within us all. The physical world has bombarded us with bricks to conceal this.

As I go through life my awareness gets greater but my intellect stays the same, my knowledge grows a little but not in direct proportion to my awareness however the awareness of my ignorance gets stronger.

Mothy. (who the hell is mothy)!

I know where hell is ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLjc7knD2Tk

Animals are at our mercy, we should show them such.

Mothy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 pm 
New User
New User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3QWtoGQ14

to back you up animal-friendly. Although I am a meet eater and agree that the treatment of animals for food needs to be improved, I can also see how and why many people want to eliminate it altogether.