EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Vegetarianism
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14837
Page 1 of 2

Author:  sevendogs [ Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Vegetarianism

Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. He suffered flatulence, because of that. How many vegetarians have this kind of a problem? Eat some fish and meat. It is very tasty and it is good for your health. I understand that some people may prefer fruits and vegetables, but why they go militant trying to chenge the world? Even Hitler did not try to convert his subordinates into vegetarianism.

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

According to the major biographies it appears Hilter was neither a vegetarian nor did he suffer flatulence due to such a diet. Hitler would occasionally go on vegetarian binges to attempt to cure himself of both excessive sweatiness and flatulence.

Author:  sevendogs [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Wayne Stollings wrote:
According to the major biographies it appears Hilter was neither a vegetarian nor did he suffer flatulence due to such a diet. Hitler would occasionally go on vegetarian binges to attempt to cure himself of both excessive sweatiness and flatulence.

Watch History Channel HDTV. He had flatulence, because of his vegetarian diet. Eat more beans...

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Hitler suffered chronic gastrointestinal problems which forced him to adopt a more vegetarian diet. Gastrointestinal problems, such as IBS, can also cause flatulence.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0386944/bio

While many insist that Hitler was a lifelong vegetarian, medical and historical records prove that he adopted a vegetarian diet only in the last 12 years of his life, due to medical complications.

There are many references to Hitler's problems with maintaining the vegetarian diet when he liked non-vegetarian dishes, but they did not treat him well afterwards.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 91,00.html

As for the accuracy of The History Channel as a source of information, it is primarily entertainment rather than reference.

Two examples:

http://www.tom-horn.com/history-channel ... utlaws.htm

http://boston1775.blogspot.com/2006/06/ ... nnels.html

Author:  animal-friendly [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

It is a common misperception that Hitler was vegetarian. A myth.

But there are plenty of vegetarians who adopt such a diet because of health concerns rather than either environmental or ethical concerns.

Most adopt a diet without meat as the source of protein for ethical reasons. They see the industry as exploitative and violent. Yet, many who adopt this non-violent diet are violent in action and word towards others. They are the most visible ones. I guess they don't get it.

But Hitler, regardless of meat-caused flatulence or 12 years of vegetarianism, didn't get it either.

Author:  Johhny Electriglide [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Sometimes violence is necessary and fun!!! :lol:
There are certain culprits with eating meat and fish. Mercury, various hormones and toxins, especially in red meat, and high cholesterol in many cuts and types. Easy enough to avoid, or at least too much.
The best meats are wild game, usually. \:D/ =; :- :-k

Author:  mothy [ Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
Sometimes violence is necessary and fun!!! :lol:
There are certain culprits with eating meat and fish. Mercury, various hormones and toxins, especially in red meat, and high cholesterol in many cuts and types. Easy enough to avoid, or at least too much.
The best meats are wild game, usually. \:D/ =; :- :-k


That is what you are all about isn't it! Me me me me me me.

Author:  Fosgate [ Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

theheadlander wrote:
not entirely sure what everyone is trying to insinuate about vegitarians here, as far as I know they are not all mass murders because of their diet!!


Nor are all meat eaters.

Author:  knightofalbion [ Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Fosgate wrote:
theheadlander wrote:
not entirely sure what everyone is trying to insinuate about vegitarians here, as far as I know they are not all mass murders because of their diet!!


Nor are all meat eaters.


Actually they are! Meat doesn't grow on trees you know!

Author:  knightofalbion [ Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

sevendogs wrote:
Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. He suffered flatulence, because of that. How many vegetarians have this kind of a problem? Eat some fish and meat. It is very tasty and it is good for your health. I understand that some people may prefer fruits and vegetables, but why they go militant trying to chenge the world? Even Hitler did not try to convert his subordinates into vegetarianism.


Hitler banned the German Vegetarian Society! He didn't want people to be vegetarian, he wanted them to eat meat because he wanted them to be aggressive. Peace loving vegetarianism didn't fit in with his militaristic plans for world domination.

Author:  mothy [ Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

sevendogs wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
According to the major biographies it appears Hilter was neither a vegetarian nor did he suffer flatulence due to such a diet. Hitler would occasionally go on vegetarian binges to attempt to cure himself of both excessive sweatiness and flatulence.

Watch History Channel HDTV. He had flatulence, because of his vegetarian diet. Eat more beans...



Listen pal, When I ate meat I used to fart like a good'un. I used to unleash the most demonic beasts upon the unsuspecting publics noses and lungs. If farts could give lung cancer then I would have been guilty of mass murder. Since I turned vegan I may give the occasional bottom burp that is so subtle it barely gets past my cheeks. That is experience talking. The trouble is reality is so vast and experience is so limited we end up talking rubbish most of the time.. Yes of course me included. (that should please johhny)

http://www.consumercide.com/js/index.ph ... meat-eater.

Also I may not eat for three, four sometimes five days in a row; coupled with my vegan diet my blood tests are okay. I've continued in this manner for more than twenty four years. So this deception of 4 square meals a day and in uk 5 fruits also is a right load of trash. They want fat people so they die younger and so save the pension plan. Have you ever heard the media saying Macdonalds is wrong? No of course you wouldn't!

If a journalist goes undercover in a slaughterhouse they have to put it on the internet as the main media, controlled by fellow money men would not allow it as it would be too damaging to their profits. They are all in the little boys club up there. Little boys with too much power.

Mind you I'm not sure if Joe Public would care if it was shown on mainstream television. They would probably just turnover as they ate their bacon sandwich.

Author:  animal-friendly [ Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

mothy wrote:
sevendogs wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
According to the major biographies it appears Hilter was neither a vegetarian nor did he suffer flatulence due to such a diet. Hitler would occasionally go on vegetarian binges to attempt to cure himself of both excessive sweatiness and flatulence.

Watch History Channel HDTV. He had flatulence, because of his vegetarian diet. Eat more beans...



Quote:
Listen pal, When I ate meat I used to fart like a good'un. I used to unleash the most demonic beasts upon the unsuspecting publics noses and lungs. If farts could give lung cancer then I would have been guilty of mass murder. Since I turned vegan I may give the occasional bottom burp that is so subtle it barely gets past my cheeks.


=D> =D> =D>
Let me guess .... Your favorite movie is "Gone With the Wind"?


Quote:
Also I may not eat for three, four sometimes five days in a row; coupled with my vegan diet my blood tests are okay. I've continued in this manner for more than twenty four years. So this deception of 4 square meals a day and in uk 5 fruits also is a right load of trash.


Actually there is some research that says 1200 calories per day will increase longevity.

"Gerontologists, oncologists, biochemists and biologists like Bauer, engaged in calorie restriction studies on lab animals, believe they've found an effective way to stave off cancers, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, Alzheimer's and many other ailments. Staying hungry and living lean, say some researchers, is the only mechanism scientifically known to slow down the aging process and prevent age-related illnesses."

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2009-02-1 ... tion-diet/

Author:  Fosgate [ Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

animal-friendly wrote:
Actually there is some research that says 1200 calories per day will increase longevity.


Citation?

There is no magic number. Whatever it may be, this figure works out to an equilibrium with one's basal metabolic rate accounting for age, sex, general health, and physical exertion level, just to name a few. One does tend to "stay hungry" when they are in that "zone", whereever it may be. For example, for me at one time, maintenance was over 4000 calories a day. That's not counting the midnight snacks needed to satisfy hunger pains that'd wake me up. Now, things have changed, and I'm hovering between 2000 and 2500.

Author:  animal-friendly [ Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

Fosgate wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:
Actually there is some research that says 1200 calories per day will increase longevity.


Citation?

Citation what? I provided a link to the article.

There is no magic number. Whatever it may be, this figure works out to an equilibrium with one's basal metabolic rate accounting for age, sex, general health, and physical exertion level, just to name a few. One does tend to "stay hungry" when they are in that "zone", whereever it may be. For example, for me at one time, maintenance was over 4000 calories a day. That's not counting the midnight snacks needed to satisfy hunger pains that'd wake me up. Now, things have changed, and I'm hovering between 2000 and 2500.


The article is long enough without taking into account 'every' inividual situation and has already factored in gender at least. The general premise seems to be that reducing calorie intake .....

"Her daily calorie count hovers around 1,200 if she's not exercising; 1,600 to 1,800 if she runs 5 or 10 miles on the treadmill. She's also on a local roller derby team. When she's in training for that, she might help herself to a few extra morsels."

...... increases longevity.

According to the article, the average male couch potato is taking in 2500 calories per day. Of course age and activity level come into play ... this is both explicit and implicit. It is up to the reader to make inferences.

And I am curious .... what the heck were you doing when you needed to take in 4000 calories per day? If it was a fire-breathing dragon you were slaying .... well, I guess you slayed it inspite of midnight snacks when dragons are most active?

Author:  Fosgate [ Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vegetarianism

animal-friendly wrote:
The article is long enough without taking into account 'every' inividual situation and has already factored in gender at least. The general premise seems to be that reducing calorie intake .....

"Her daily calorie count hovers around 1,200 if she's not exercising; 1,600 to 1,800 if she runs 5 or 10 miles on the treadmill. She's also on a local roller derby team. When she's in training for that, she might help herself to a few extra morsels."

...... increases longevity.

According to the article, the average male couch potato is taking in 2500 calories per day. Of course age and activity level come into play ... this is both explicit and implicit. It is up to the reader to make inferences.


Depends on what you're citing then, I suppose. Without actually having seen the article, I'd argue that the general premise is some optimized caloric intake, which could be a reduction or increase.

Quote:
And I am curious .... what the heck were you doing when you needed to take in 4000 calories per day? If it was a fire-breathing dragon you were slaying .... well, I guess you slayed it inspite of midnight snacks when dragons are most active?


Nope, you got it. It was dragon slaying.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/