EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Justice for Tobias
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16519
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Izzy_Stardust [ Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Justice for Tobias

Hi, I'm Izzy, and I need advice

Last Friday, I was returning home work, when two large beautiful foxes darted out from a nearby alley and into the road infront of an oncomming car. It was very apparent, even from a half meter distance that this car had hit one of the foxes, therefore there is no way the driver could not have been aware of the travasty he/she had just caused. However, rather than stopping to check on him, the driver continued on reguardless. When I went to examine the fox, whom I later named Tobias, his spine had been snapped, and he lay dead on impact. Distraught by this, I called the RSPCA hoping to bring the driver to some kind of justice, only to be told that, although they could act in the cases of certain wildlife, the law does not protect him because he was a fox!
Tobias was a strong, healthy, beautiful animal. His death was cruel and unjust. It is wrong that one species is valued more than another. Every life is precious, and we have no right to play god and decide which belongs and which does not. For these reasons I want to change this law, so that foxes are given the same rights and justice as other animals under this protective umbrella. I would really appriciate your advice on how I can do this in a peaceful and constructive manner.
Please help me get justice for Tobias.

Author:  Johhny Electriglide [ Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Naming a dead animal is insane. :razz: [-X
I like foxes, and other animals. Accidents happen, with animals that are not observant enough.
It is getting worse because of more vehicles and that is from human overpopulation--the root cause.
:mrgreen:

Author:  Izzy_Stardust [ Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

If you don't understand something, thats fine, but that doesnt make it insane. It just means you and I think of things in a different light. I just think if there was some kind of penalty, people would take more care

Author:  Izzy_Stardust [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Besides, i think you've missed the point. The point is not that the accident occurred. I know accidents happen, but dont you think if an animal gets hit, the driver should at least stop? I do. I'm of the opinion that if you think something is wrong, dont just moan about it, DO something. So thats what i'm trying to do. Thats why i thought i'd ask what avenues i should go through, and i thought here would be the best place to information gather.

Author:  Johhny Electriglide [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

I can understand naming a wild animal, but not naming one after it has been a victim of road kill and is dead. I believe there are already laws to prosecute those who are witnessed to purposely have run over an animal. We don't need more laws. What we need is less people, and less vehicular traffic. :mrgreen:

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
I can understand naming a wild animal, but not naming one after it has been a victim of road kill and is dead. I believe there are already laws to prosecute those who are witnessed to purposely have run over an animal. We don't need more laws. What we need is less people, and less vehicular traffic. :mrgreen:



Meanwhile hundreds of rabbits ,three mice and two ruffled grouse were heard clapping in the "Evergreen Forest," at the passing of the fox they knew as "Hungry Fang."

Author:  Fosgate [ Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

If I had time to worry about specific instances of wild animals getting struck by vehicles, I could probably think of a better use of my time.

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Fosgate wrote:
If I had time to worry about specific instances of wild animals getting struck by vehicles, I could probably think of a better use of my time.



Couple years ago a Freddy the black crow got nailed by a car in front of my house eating road kill. The whole family did a crying session trying to get Freddy to take wing but alas it was not to be & Freddy expired. Meanwhile I watched as Fenetry E Eagle perched in a nearby pine tree surveying the situation. When the mourners left Fenetry E Eagle casually slipped from his perch to pay his last respects to Freddy and proceeded to carry him off to the mouth of a little brook below the road and then started carving up Freddy with his beak. I was glad I took the time to see how nature handles such situations. Seems the clean up crew can consist of the most regal of characters, looking for a free lunch. I now spy Fenetry E Eagle and think of him as the eagle that was Freddy's Freeloader .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjPvMpEhm4

Author:  mothy [ Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
If I had time to worry about specific instances of wild animals getting struck by vehicles, I could probably think of a better use of my time.



Couple years ago a Freddy the black crow got nailed by a car in front of my house eating road kill. The whole family did a crying session trying to get Freddy to take wing but alas it was not to be & Freddy expired. Meanwhile I watched as Fenetry E Eagle perched in a nearby pine tree surveying the situation. When the mourners left Fenetry E Eagle casually slipped from his perch to pay his last respects to Freddy and proceeded to carry him off to the mouth of a little brook below the road and then started carving up Freddy with his beak. I was glad I took the time to see how nature handles such situations. Seems the clean up crew can consist of the most regal of characters, looking for a free lunch. I now spy Fenetry E Eagle and think of him as the eagle that was Freddy's Freeloader .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjPvMpEhm4



I respect that aspect of nature in its resourcefulness. What I don't respect is man who is divided from the beast with his ability to moralise and his ethicalness to forgo these intrinsic qualities and justify his actions by the raw nature he sees.

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

mothy wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
If I had time to worry about specific instances of wild animals getting struck by vehicles, I could probably think of a better use of my time.



Couple years ago a Freddy the black crow got nailed by a car in front of my house eating road kill. The whole family did a crying session trying to get Freddy to take wing but alas it was not to be & Freddy expired. Meanwhile I watched as Fenetry E Eagle perched in a nearby pine tree surveying the situation. When the mourners left Fenetry E Eagle casually slipped from his perch to pay his last respects to Freddy and proceeded to carry him off to the mouth of a little brook below the road and then started carving up Freddy with his beak. I was glad I took the time to see how nature handles such situations. Seems the clean up crew can consist of the most regal of characters, looking for a free lunch. I now spy Fenetry E Eagle and think of him as the eagle that was Freddy's Freeloader .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjPvMpEhm4



I respect that aspect of nature in its resourcefulness. What I don't respect is man who is divided from the beast with his ability to moralise and his ethicalness to forgo these intrinsic qualities and justify his actions by the raw nature he sees.



Not correct Mothy. In fact you want to judge others as inferior so you can feel morally superior without accounting for the fact that it is ethical for man to take his natural place just as it is for Fenetry E Eagle.

Author:  mothy [ Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge. So you place Fenetry E Eagle with ethics. Are you implying that there are ethics in the animal world?

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

mothy wrote:
Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge. So you place Fenetry E Eagle with ethics. Are you implying that there are ethics in the animal world?



I never stated that at all. I indicated that we humans and Fenetry have a place in the food chain as assigned by nature and it is not amoral to eat meat in either case.

Author:  Donnie Mac Leod [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

mothy wrote:
Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge./quote]



I guess you were not being honest when you made this observation then.

Quote:
What I don't respect is man


You do not notice that your lack of respect is a judgement CALL??? Is English your first language???

Author:  mothy [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
mothy wrote:
Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge./quote]



I guess you were not being honest when you made this observation then.

Quote:
What I don't respect is man


You do not notice that your lack of respect is a judgement CALL??? Is English your first language???


To extract a certain part of a post and not the whole in order to strengthen your point is cheap and nasty. Gutter press is what I call it..

Author:  mothy [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Justice for Tobias

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
mothy wrote:
Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge. So you place Fenetry E Eagle with ethics. Are you implying that there are ethics in the animal world?



I never stated that at all. I indicated that we humans and Fenetry have a place in the food chain as assigned by nature and it is not amoral to eat meat in either case.


Do you believe you have a higher moral/ethical base than Fenetry?

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/