EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 am 
New User
New User

I have to share my families story. On Wednesday March 28, 2012. My 7 year old pitbull was at my sister's house. He was in her yard not bothering anyone. When her neighbor per his words to the police -- was at the edge of his property and my sister's property line. He shewed my dog Target' to go back towards the house. At time he states that Target' growled at him (which I have a very hard time believing). So he felt threatened, and decided to walk all the way back up his drive way into his house get his gun. Walk all the way back down his drive way and proceed to shoot at my dog three times. Target' was hit once in the chest. After three different Emergency Vets and over $2,000.00 later. Target's has had multiple xrays, blood work and surgery. Thank god the bullet went in and out only leaving fragments behind. The bullet went through his chest wall muscle. They originaly thought it collapsed his lung. Which would have been much worse.

My sister's neighbor does not like her and her young adult children because they are Biracial. He has told my sister's landlord that he was going to do everything in his power to make her move. So now two days after the shooting he (the neighbor is still out driving around thinking I am assuming that my dog is dead and he's gotten away with shooting an inoccent loving dog that wouldn't hurt even a bird. I have been in contact with our local Animal Control and they are reassuring me that he will not get away with shooting my dog. The Animal Control officer that was called out to the screen of the crime was very shocked that even after being shot in the chest and almost bleeding to death, he was still very calm and relaxed, but in pain. Even all of the Vets were amazed at how well tempered he was after suffering a traumatic event like this. He still has yet to show any aggression what so ever towards anyone. Only love. I really what the law to throw the book at this jerk. Thank goodness that Georgia has pass the law that Animal cruelty is a Felony. Pleae pray for justice and any advice that can be given, please send it my way. This just makes me sick to my stomach.