EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am 
New User
New User

Hi all members,
I would like to tell you all about a petition I have created for tougher sentencing for animal abuse, I need to reach 100,000 signatures for this case to be heard in the House of Commons and little old me is finding it hard spreading the word further then my little town of Featehrstone. This is a UK petition and appreciate all the help I can get with this, my local newspaper have picked up the appeal and we was featured this week please see the photo attached of the article. I know i am not the only one who feels so strong about this. I decided to create this after reading yet another distressing story in my local newspaper of a pet dog who was stabbed to death by his owners when they returned home drunk one night, and it truly sickened me to tears, I am absolutley sick of feeling like a helpless being so I have to try and do something to help! It ONLY takes 2 minutes of your time to sign which counts to helping the voiceless. Once you have signed you will recieve an email with a link YOU HAVE TO CLICK the link for your signature to count, to prove it's not spam. Please sign and spread the word! The link to the petition is http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29577UK

I appreciate all the help I can get with this

Kate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I am opposed to this much the way I am opposed to the death sentence. I have seen too many cases of people wrongfully accused of animal abuse and to have further powers over their life by the parties involved with the wrongful conviction amounts to totalitarian terrorism. Yes, animal abusers need to be stopped but they need to also be respected as human beings who may need the love of a pet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:14 am 

One must be a British citizen to sign .....