Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:19 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

animal-friendly wrote:
Wayne also says:

"The fact is women, children, and the elderly all assisted in various war efforts in all countries."

And you will insist that this fact is true. And it is, to some extent. But there is no way you can argue that a child in a war-torn country "assisted" in war efforts. If you do not recognize that a child can vote, or otherwise participate in a democracy, you cannot include a child in any war effort and therefor cannot justify the crimes waged upon them.

He also says that if a person makes a claim that is not true, we should disregard everything else they say.

Done and done.

Not all countries were a Democracy, but ignoring that aspect, even in the Democratic countries there were soldiers who were too young to vote. It is not a political support being discussed, but a material support. The youth taking the position of the men and women to allow them to do other jobs to free more people to become soldiers or support troops. The fact is there were many civillians of all ages on both sides who provided support for the war effort.

The US drafted young men as young as 18 years old into the military starting in 1942. The US allowed those who were 17 to join with parental permission, but there are examples of those as young as 15 joining using the documents of older siblings.

Quote:
Actually, I did not say disregard and I did not produce the definition I quoted, but ignoring the logical disconnect and proceeding to the question of evidence.

Quote:
You did not produce the definition you quoted? The person who uttered these words didn't reproduce it, so who did? You didn't produce it but you RE-Produced it ..... for SOME reason. What reason then ...

Individuals do not usually create definitions for terms, we use dictionaries and other more official documents for the definitions. That is what I did when I refereneced a definition from an educational source. The purpose was to show the redefinition used by the AR movement to make their position sound more important was incorrect in the intended usage.

Quote:
Quote:
You do ignore all arguments based on one faulty comment. You do it and you do it consistently.

So you have an example of this? Actually since it is supposed to happen consistently, maybe there should be more examples than one. Lets go with two dozen since you seem to want me to provide evidence for every Allied or Axis country instead of providing one example to refute my statement. We would not want to accidentally set up some hypocritical stance, would we.

Quote:
You are right. Thank you for correcting me. It is not fair to come up with only ONE example. (Did you want that example)

That is generally the form used in a discussion such as this, but some people tend to miss many such things. If you have an example, please provide it.

animal-friendly wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
If you can give an example of the elderly, women, or children not helping in the war effort in the Allied or Axis countries as evidence?

You're asking for evidence? Really? You set it up, make an outrageous statement, and then you ask for evidence to prove that your outrageous statement is not true? The onus is on your shoulders Wayne.

Quote:
Quote:
It is much simpler to show the one example to disprove rather than the multitudes of examples to support. Since you seem to claim the statement was incorrect, you would have that one example to give unless you are just making a wild statement. When I have questioned the credibility of a statement I generally provide evidence to support it, especially if asked. You have not provided anything other than your statement.

Are we having a conversation now .....

It is hard to say, I was having a discussion when you joined it, but I do not know what you are doing.

Quote:
Quote:
To give a few examples of such support, there was the "Rosie the riveter" replacement of men with women in military industries. The same for elderly returning to the work force and joining the "Home Guard" type units. The youth performed drives to gather materials in short supply if not directly in an organization such as the "Hitler Youth".

Oh, I see. You give an example of the Hitler Youth ...okay, ... What a great example.

Would you like the example of the Boyscouts collecting rubber and scrap for the war effort in the US better?

Quote:
"If you can give an example of the elderly, women, or children not helping in the war effort in the Allied or Axis countries as evidence?"

Evidence of what?

That my statement was incorrect. You know the one about where these groups assisted in the war effort?

Quote:
What would you like?

Examples of where these groups did not assist the war effort as you claimed.

Quote:
What are you looking for?

See the last reply.

Quote:
An example of children who didn't ask to be bombed?

No, as that is not what I said nor what you claimed was incorrect. It is a deflection from that point.

Quote:
Are you really asking me to give evidence of children who would really like to not be involved in war?

No, the question was simple and it seems, beyond your ability to answer.

Quote:
Is this your question?

No, it is not.

Quote:
Did children end up aiding the war effort?

Yes, they did.

Quote:
And if so, is this the reason you justify in the American bombings of civilians? Children and all ...

I did not justify it, I mentioned that was the justification used by the USSR, Germany, USA, Japan, England, and the rest.

Quote:
Have you listened to Amy Goodman`s reporting in `Democracy Now` about chemical warfare on Iraqi civilians, ..... about the children being born now with such deformities ..... in Iraq .... as a result of American forces using depleted uranium and other chemicals.

How does that relate to your claim of my statement about WWII being incorrect?

animal-friendly wrote:
"The fact is women, children, and the elderly all assisted in various war efforts in all countries."

He also says that if a person makes a claim that is not true, we should disregard everything else they say.

Done and done.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:06 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Great post mejiaufv, I agree. Most of us environmentalists do. The crazy and dumb AR crowd think the most important thing is AR rather than the reality of human gross overpopulation with deadly consequences of emissions and other pollution and depletion of resources.
I have never seen any real connection with AR and environmentalism, and have always wondered at this waste of a third of the site.
AETM ELE would kill at least 85% of all species, plant and animal. So stopping this by a 90% reduction in emissions within 9 years would save uncounted billions of animals. The suffering of animals now is a small thing comparatively. It shows the ARs' lack of math and ecology knowledge, plus illogical thinking and over-emotionalism to the point of tunnel vision and thinking.