EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi all
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:16 pm 
New User
New User

Hi everyone, new here, high Lissa and your bunnies. :D Seems like a much more friendly forum than the one I've been using, do you no they didn't even wish all a happy xmas. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Hi all
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:20 pm 
This user has been banned

Carrots wrote:
Hi everyone, new here, high Lissa and your bunnies. :D Seems like a much more friendly forum than the one I've been using, do you no they didn't even wish all a happy xmas. :lol:

Carrots this place is hell compared to animalsuffering :lol:

Just have a look around and you will see, its full of hunt scum perverts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:34 pm 
New User
New User

phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

Well that will be interesting, must admit to not having a really good look round yet.I hope I can bring just as much fun to this forum as i have with the other ones :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:49 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Carrots wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

Well that will be interesting, must admit to not having a really good look round yet.I hope I can bring just as much fun to this forum as i have with the other ones :wink:

Welcome, Carrots! Phantomuk thinks it's hell here, but he keeps coming back for more... must be an indication of how much fun we can all have together! Feel free to jump right in, we're happy you are here!

-josh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:19 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

Hi, I'm new here. I'll probably just read for a while to catch up with the debates going on before jumping in.

Phantomuk, who are the "hunt scum perverts", if you don't mind?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:23 am 

Amy7779311 wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

Hi, I'm new here. I'll probably just read for a while to catch up with the debates going on before jumping in.

Pick Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! please.!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:00 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Uh oh, are you a trouble maker? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:41 am 
New User
New User

josh knauer wrote:
Carrots wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

Welcome, Carrots! Phantomuk thinks it's hell here, but he keeps coming back for more... must be an indication of how much fun we can all have together! Feel free to jump right in, we're happy you are here!

-josh

Thanks for the welcome Josh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:52 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Amy7779311 wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Uh oh, are you a trouble maker? :wink:

They USED to call me a trouble maker .... :cry: :cry: :cry:

To be fair though, it seems anyone who disagrees with Phanto gets called something ... and "hunt scum" makes it through the filters :lol: :lol:

Pull up a keyboard and join in once you have chewed through your straps like the rest of us escapees .... :wink:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:32 am 
New User
New User

How about you all tell me a little about yourselves ? so that I can make my own mind up.What is your thing ? could be fun. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:24 am 

Carrots wrote:
How about you all tell me a little about yourselves ? so that I can make my own mind up.What is your thing ? could be fun. :)

Hi carrot. Welcome to the board. I am a telco engineer who hunts ,traps and fishes whenever possible. Can not do those things right now because I busted up my knee and the irregular gait from that accident has affected an area in my back where I had two previous operations before but are now in a flare up. I post regular here as I have strong opinions and a sense of conservation that most ARA hold in contempt. Their problem ,not mine. In fact I was once a very strong pragmatist believing in Animal welfare but since the ARA mantra has made their subjectivity over all animal concerns so much about stripping rights from humans I can not even support Animal Welfare anymore. If you wish to weigh options this is a good place despite what some say. Handle the issues as Sama, Luna , and Sandra do and you will do well if you lean towards either AW/AR . You might even learn to see the tangents branching out from the linear focused all animal deaths bad AR folk which disprove their ideology. 8)

Compliments to you for asking ,that is a good way to start..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:10 am 

Amy7779311 wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Carrots wrote:

I can not name names it would be classed as a personal attack. Almost all are hunters and meat eaters.
It is not the site you expect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:42 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Carrots wrote:

Short synopsis, I am in the environmental industry thus pro-environment, pro-human rights, anti-animal rights, pro-animal welfare, kinda liberal but some conservative, very tolerant of beliefs unless they are presented as a fact (you'll learn about this one), pet owner, gun collector, used to hunt when I had the opportunity, grew up in a poor rural area on a farm, live in the suburbs now, pro-zac and antidisestablishmentarialism.

PS I believe I would be classified as one of the "hunt scum" too .... :wink:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:54 am 

Carrots wrote:

Hey Carrots... I run this place. I'm a dad (two kids... you can sort of see them in my picture to the left) and lifelong environmental activist. I started EnviroLink back in 1991 as a clearinghouse of environmental information. It is still up at EnviroLink.org (and it's sister site: AnimalConcerns.org) I'm also an entrepreneur and have started a couple of companies, all in the socially/environmentally responsible business space. I'm really interested in proving that you can have economic success and still be responsible to people and the planet.

I personally group all living things that are not people into "the planet" and so for me personally, that's where animal concerns issues come in. I am definitely not a hard core animal rights person but have helped provide the internet platform for hundreds of animal rights and welfare organizations to express their beliefs. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but I believe they have every right to express them.

Admin Note to everyone else... while I think it is fine for us all to introduce ourselves, I don't think that this thread (in the introductions area) is an appropriate place to debate our beliefs. Take that to the appropriate Environmental or Animal Concerns area and start a new thread if you feel the urge.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:08 pm 
New User
New User

I would be classed as AW, recently been rejected by AR for my pro pets views.As a result I will not be backing any AR group while they plot again est my pets and others.I be leave companion animals have the right to breed and to have a future.I am against all forms of cruelty.
I don't eat meat, but don't really have anything against those who eat meat, it's up to them, and it's my choice not to.
As hunting has been brought up, yes I'm again est hunting of any type.
I have done some work on saving habitat for wild animals,I be leave wild animals should stay wild, but captive bred animals should stay with humans. I would like to think my knowledge in animals is high.