EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Hi I may just be your worst nightmare
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2434
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Cree1 [ Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:10 am ]
Post subject:  Hi I may just be your worst nightmare

Check out my message on the seal cull.

I am not here to make friends and drink latte.

Its time some of you had a wake up call.

Author:  josh knauer [ Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hi I may just be your worst nightmare

Cree1 wrote:
Check out my message on the seal cull.

I am not here to make friends and drink latte.

Its time some of you had a wake up call.

And I'll bet you're just the man to do it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your message on the seal cull and other postings are any indication, my guess is that you are young, full of piss and vinegar and probably haven't learned much beyond your own world view. Fighting for fighting's sake can I guess be fun at times, but a waste of energy in the long run. You may not find such easy targets here for your guns ablazing, as most people who think are a bit harder to categorize than you need them to be.

Nevertheless... welcome! I'll be glad to whip up a double decaf half skim half cream cappuccino for you. The first one's on the house. :roll:

-josh

Author:  Mr. Venom [ Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey....I thought I was Josh's worst nightmare!!!

Author:  hunter88 [ Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Some people just can't play well with others. And who said first impressions don't mean that much. :lol:

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is THAT all you have? I thought you were going to have something to back up your statements in the way of facts and logic?

Author:  Cree1 [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I dont see much facts and logic from half the idiotic urban alienated from nature half wit posts I read here :wink: !!!

Put your own house in order before you start gunning at ours. Its urban modern life which is destroying the envoronment not hunters, fur wearers , seal cullers etc etc.

I am not young. Not full of piss. Plenty of vinegar to put in your latte because it is killing leopards.

I am a real conservationist not someone who pisses about at it because they have too much time on their hands and have middle class sensibilities resulting from indoctrination in high school by hippy teachers whose ideas about nature come from rolling in the mud at Glastonbury and smoking "weed".

Some of us are going to bring you and your culture to heel.
If you are going to play games in our woods be careful to respect what we have looked after for centuries. Maybe some of you are barking up the wrong trees.....

No disrespect an' all :wink:

Author:  josh knauer [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:00 am ]
Post subject: 

What planet do you live on?? Are we really supposed to now elevate all country folk to the status of Noble Protectors of the Land? Can you possibly be serious?

People who live outside the cities impact the land just as much if not more than those who live inside. All you have to do is go walking through almost any wooded area near a rural community and you see stuff like this everywhere:

Image
Image

It's part of the culture of just dumping stuff over the hillside. That's the same type of stupidity that leads people to assume all indigenous people are Noble Savages... total BS.

-josh

Author:  Grace [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:05 am ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
What planet do you live on?? Are we really supposed to now elevate all country folk to the status of Noble Protectors of the Land? Can you possibly be serious?

People who live outside the cities impact the land just as much if not more than those who live inside. All you have to do is go walking through almost any wooded area near a rural community and you see stuff like this everywhere:

Image
Image

It's part of the culture of just dumping stuff over the hillside. That's the same type of stupidity that leads people to assume all indigenous people are Noble Savages... total BS.

-josh



Just like they sink ships for reefs and shelter for fish, this truck could serve the same purpose for many critters (I bet). Looks like hell tho.

Author:  wijim [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:25 am ]
Post subject: 

lol....um call me a weirdo i guess (hell many here do anyhow).....but i actually think that top picture of the truck is beautiful. very cool picture. you take that 1 josh?

Author:  wijim [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 am ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
What planet do you live on?? Are we really supposed to now elevate all country folk to the status of Noble Protectors of the Land? Can you possibly be serious?

People who live outside the cities impact the land just as much if not more than those who live inside. All you have to do is go walking through almost any wooded area near a rural community and you see stuff like this everywhere:

Image
Image

It's part of the culture of just dumping stuff over the hillside. That's the same type of stupidity that leads people to assume all indigenous people are Noble Savages... total BS.

-josh


hey josh....um...you are kind of comparing rural folks of the 50's (that truck if im not mistaken is from the 30's and looks like its in the condition of having sat there since the 50's or 60's) to urbanites and suburbanites of now.

but ok. another misconception is....seeing tires in the ditch out in the country. i have actually seen people from minneapolis mn.....tossing tires onto my land. but i have never caught a ruralite doing the same.

but in saying that i dont think that all urbanites do this and i dont think all ruralites dont do this. i dont even think the ratios are different.

i do think you are attempting to sway things the wrong direction based on what you took from cree's post.

i don't necesarirly subscribe to cree's beliefs..but i dont discount alot of it either. and i certainly dont subscribe to your beliefs in "cuntry folk dumpin their stuff all hilly nilly over the next rise"...(meant to paraphrase not quote)

Author:  josh knauer [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:42 am ]
Post subject: 

Grace wrote:
Just like they sink ships for reefs and shelter for fish, this truck could serve the same purpose for many critters (I bet). Looks like hell tho.

A truck like that contains all sorts of serious toxins that will leach into the environment and can cause serious problems. It is almost never a good idea to dump garbage over a hillside.


-josh

Author:  josh knauer [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:43 am ]
Post subject: 

wijim wrote:
lol....um call me a weirdo i guess (hell many here do anyhow).....but i actually think that top picture of the truck is beautiful. very cool picture. you take that 1 josh?

Nope, I happened to have found it online. Far too many examples to choose from for my taste.

-josh

Author:  Archer [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
It is almost never a good idea to dump garbage over a hillside.


I've never done it, and I can't think of a good reason to.

Author:  Origam [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
It is almost never a good idea to dump garbage over a hillside.


I've never done it, and I can't think of a good reason to.


I could think of one good reason.. but he's biodegradable. :lol:

Author:  Archer [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
It is almost never a good idea to dump garbage over a hillside.


I've never done it, and I can't think of a good reason to.


I could think of one good reason.. but he's biodegradable. :lol:


:shock:

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/