EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:37 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

There are billions of dollars invested into studies to see if humans are causing global warming or not or to see if human activity in an area is negatively impacting on some species but almost nothing is invested in implementing solutions. That is about the only gripe you will get out of me (except maybe the reluctance to put any rodents on endangered species lists except in places where there is no farming)

Instead I am searching for all possible solutions and means of implementing them. My emphasis is on zero-impact living (or heading in that direction) but mostly in ways that can be practically implemented by a majority of people. For example, underground houses have lots of benefits but they cannot be implemented easily in a city setting where most people live BUT there are some attractive earth-berming options that can be implemented in most homes and there are ways of using the dirt in the small yards in cities for long term heat storage with minimal construction and no obvious difference when it is finished (looks like a normal house and yard).

I hope to find solutions and other forums with solutions for me to compile into a book and website and maybe a instructional video series. Save the world with solutions and save the reputation of "green" thinkers from being considered a bunch or whiners.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 am 
New User
New User

Ann:
I have posted some info in the Environmental Issues forum that might help.