EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Baseball anyone?
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=590
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bluedevil [ Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:32 am ]
Post subject:  Baseball anyone?

I figure this is the best place to post this. I was just wondering, is anyone a big baseball nut here? I myself am a diehard Sox fan.

Also, how bout sports in general. In terms of football I am a Chicago Bears fan, and in basketball I am more into college than pro and due to family alumni status I am a big Dukie. Anyone else?

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Baseball anyone?

bluedevil wrote:
I figure this is the best place to post this. I was just wondering, is anyone a big baseball nut here? I myself am a diehard Sox fan.

Also, how bout sports in general. In terms of football I am a Chicago Bears fan, and in basketball I am more into college than pro and due to family alumni status I am a big Dukie. Anyone else?


First, basketball is NOT a sport in Duke/UNC territory, it is a religion! People get time off work for the Final Four and maybe the whole Sweet 16 it they are lucky. If they are not given time off there are at least two TVs in every business to ensure none of the action is missed during the work day.

I am more into solo synchronized swimming myself .... :roll:

Author:  bluedevil [ Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well I think Doherty's disciples may have become atheists after the past few years :lol: .

Author:  Ockham [ Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Baseball is fun to play but just too slow to watch. Football, while being the closest thing to strategic warfare, is a bore simply because you get about 30 minutes or less of actual play due to all the play stoppage while the clock's still running. Pro basketball is just plain gay and you have to be a freak of nature to play it.

Hockey, on the other hand, rules. It is fast. When the clock is running, something is happening. It is the closest thing to tactical warfare and even little guys can do well (ie. Martin St. Louis). Oh ... and it's fun to play too - the next best thing to sex ... and bow hunting.

Ock

Author:  Ockham [ Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
I am more into solo synchronized swimming myself ....


Wayne, do you have to shave your legs for that?....

Ock

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:38 am ]
Post subject: 

Ockham wrote:
Quote:
I am more into solo synchronized swimming myself ....


Wayne, do you have to shave your legs for that?....

Ock


Nah ... just half my head and one arm .... :lol:

Author:  Fosgate [ Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I voted football because it's the only thing I can stand to watch on TV. Everything else fits into either of two categories: boring as hell or utter chaos.

Racquetball is a bore to watch. As far as actually playing it though, it's my absolute favorite and chaotic as hell. Go figure.

Author:  josh knauer [ Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fosgate wrote:
I voted football because it's the only thing I can stand to watch on TV. Everything else fits into either of two categories: boring as hell or utter chaos.

Racquetball is a bore to watch. As far as actually playing it though, it's my absolute favorite and chaotic as hell. Go figure.


Here here, fos! I love watching football (Steelers) and tend to fall asleep during hockey games, golf and tennis matches. I also play racquetball 3-4 times per week, but can't stand watching it.

-josh

Author:  Wayne Stollings [ Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

You know what they say,

It all fun and games until someone gets a tooth knocked out and then its hockey .....

Author:  bluedevil [ Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well there wont be many teeth getting knocked out in the US this year :(

Author:  Fosgate [ Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

josh knauer wrote:
Here here, fos! I love watching football (Steelers) and tend to fall asleep during hockey games, golf and tennis matches. I also play racquetball 3-4 times per week, but can't stand watching it.


I knew there was something about you I liked. LOL :wink:

The Steelers have always been a respectable foe for my beloved Cowboys. I really liked when ESPN made those "fantasy" football games pitting the 70's Steelers, 80's 9'ers, and 90's Cowboys against each other.

I played raquetball every day from June 2002 to September 2003, then cut back to almost never. Takes me about a week now to shake off the rust.

Author:  bluedevil [ Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Sox sweep the Angels :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/