EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:41 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

It is a good day to rejoin my friends here on EnviroLink... I was happy to see Satan Jr still; posting, and hello to you as well Josh... I have been unfortunately busy with life for a few months, but I am back now and doing better than ever... :twisted:

Seriously, I hope all has been well with you guys... Looking forward to some more good educational posts and debates...

Guns are responsible for killing people like forks are responsible for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.

Gun Control: Being able to hit your target!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:37 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I think you and I are going to get along just fine. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:42 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Looking forward to some more good educational posts and debates...[/quote]

Hi, I'm new, just seen your profile.

Like the bit about guns. What always puzzles me is why the not gun guys don't reply to the "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"

By saying "Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. So stop people having guns"

You can make as many as you want. Just don't let people have them.

Terr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:31 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Terry wrote:
Looking forward to some more good educational posts and debates...

Hi, Iamb new, just seen your profile.

Like the bit about guns. What always puzzles me is why the not gun guys don't reply to the "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"

By saying "Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. So stop people having guns"

You can make as many as you want. Just don't let people have them. [/quote]

So people will have to use knives to kill other people? They will you know. The difference is that you need strength to defend yourself against an attacker even if you are using a knife, but not so with a firearm. Thus the reason for the old saying "God created man and Colonel Colt made him equal" :wink:

PS Thanks Carnivore and welcome back.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:45 pm 

Criminals will always have guns. That's a proven fact. So why let only the bad guys have guns? Why not let the good guys defend themselves if they so choose? Have the liberal countries that have banned guns not showed the effectiveness of it with their increasing crime? Or how about the countries that encourage homeowners to have guns and their extremely low rates of crime?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:54 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

[ "God created man and Colonel Colt made him equal" :wink:

PS Thanks Carnivore and welcome back.[/quote]

I'm better with a knife. Strength has nothing to do with it. And you've got to be fast, have arm strength and good coordination if you keep up with the Colts. But I concede, guns don't kill people - bullets do. You can have as many guns as you like, but no bullets.

Can you tell carnivore I'm on a vegetarian diet? (Most of the vegetarians I eat provide beef). :shock:

Archer, I hope you're reading this, this bit's for you. We had a truckload of guns stolen here a couple of years back. The press report finished "Police are afriad they will fall into the hands of criminals"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:01 pm 

Terry wrote:
Archer, I hope you're reading this, this bit's for you. We had a truckload of guns stolen here a couple of years back. The press report finished "Police are afriad they will fall into the hands of criminals"

Wow, your press must be full of geniuses. It doesn't get much worse than that. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:44 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Terry wrote:
[ "God created man and Colonel Colt made him equal" :wink:

PS Thanks Carnivore and welcome back.

I'm better with a knife. Strength has nothing to do with it. And you've got to be fast, have arm strength and good coordination if you keep up with the Colts. [/quote]

You did not notice the contradiction in your statement? I highlighted it for you just in case.

Quote:
But I concede, guns don't kill people - bullets do. You can have as many guns as you like, but no bullets.

That would be a club, which still can kill people... :roll:

Quote:

You do know that a gun can be manufactured fairly easily in a workshop? Shoot, they have had guns made in prisons. :wink: The police are also a good source for criminals stealing legal firearms.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:41 am 
New User
New User

Personally guys, I think that guns which use deadly ammunition should be banned. The real intention of a gun shoud be to restrain. eg a stunn gun or anyone which will less likely cause fatall injury. This could be applicable for animal hunting, criminal apprehension etc. I know the military will need dealy ammunition. What i think could reduce gun related violence is to hand down stiffer penalties. Are there any other workable solutions? Lets discuss further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

hudge wrote:
Personally guys, I think that guns which use deadly ammunition should be banned. The real intention of a gun shoud be to restrain. eg a stunn gun or anyone which will less likely cause fatall injury. This could be applicable for animal hunting, criminal apprehension etc. I know the military will need dealy ammunition. What i think could reduce gun related violence is to hand down stiffer penalties. Are there any other workable solutions? Lets discuss further.

Maybe this should be moved to a more proper forum than the introduction section first. :wink:

I should not have replied to the other posts myself. :oops:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein