[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Dia daoibh from Ireland

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dia daoibh from Ireland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to join this forum.

I have been a vegan since 1979 and involved in the main in grassroots animal rights campaigning. For a short period in the 1980s, I was an ALFSG spokesperson for a few months and was sent to prison alongside 'the General', Ronnie Lee. Since being released, I have followed an academic path. My story, which sounds a little more exciting and militant than it actually was, is told in greater detail...

here: http://human-nonhuman.blogspot.com/2007 ... octor.html

and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Yates

My PhD on human-nonhuman relations is available here: http://roger.rbgi.net/

My currently research interests include social movements; the movement-countermovement dialectic; the mass media and social movements; the birth of the animal rights movement in 2006. On a personal note, Ranka is like a mother to me.

RY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:01 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:39 pm 

Hey Roger, welcome! I don't know exactly why, but I'm surprised to see you here. I've never seen you and Ranka together on the same forum. This is going to be interesting.

So tell me please, if you don't mind, what do you think about that Ronnie Lee interview on the Abolitionist-Online? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:51 pm 

Welcome and well met!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm 

If we say rational debate cannot carry the day, or that the violent acts of exploiters necessitate response in kind, we mock a movement's core principle, we deride its integrity. Lee Hall Capers in the Churchyard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:57 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 pm 

Now this is starting to look more and more like real life, real time Internet-Cinema. Hopefully it will help bring about needed change.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Welcome, pull up a keybaord and make yourself at home, but you do have to clean up after yourself.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:07 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:15 pm 

Discussion moved to the Open Forum in the
Dia daoibh from Ireland...Discussion Continued thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm 

A belated Welcome from me in England.

I don't know if you drink at all, but I hope this song makes you smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZ1axTl1Kg&NR=1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:38 pm 

Thank you for the song. I believe I saw that you came from/live in Nottingham? My mother used to work there when I worked in Derby. We lived in Chaddesden between the two. My mother was a bingo manager of all things at a city centre site. I expect Nottingham has changed a lot since then!

RY[/quote]

Sorry I've been away for the weekend...got back today.
I've been to Nottingham for my friend's birthday bash.
You've brought back some memories I can tell you.
I left Nottingham in 1972 and in 1973, the great re-development of Nottingham began.
Before the bypass was constructed around Derby, there used to be a bottleneck at Chaddesden...the ' Chaddesden crawl ' we used to call it. I regularly visit to see friends and relatives. My late aunt Ida I am sure played bingo where your mum worked.

Small World eh ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:39 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:50 am 

I've just checked the link you've posted.

Geeeez (see I'm becoming Americanized).......why anyone would want to video the whole of Chaddesden beats me !

:lol: