EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:29 pm 
New User
New User

To all educators and kid-friendly environmental enthusiasts!
My name is Stephanie Reed and I'm with Greenbelt Alliance. I'm writing in hopes that you can help us get the word out about an exciting (and free!) new environmental curriculum. In order to make this free curriculum available to Bay Area educators, we would really appreciate it if you would include this link and information on your resources webpage and/or allow us to send an e-mail to your listserv. Below is a short blurb for your listserv or website. Thank you very much and please let me know whether you can help us get the word out.

Help bring nature into the lives of urban youth with Greenbelt Alliance's new curriculum, "The Greenbelt in Your Schoolyard." Greenbelt Alliance, a Bay Area non-profit organization dedicated to protecting open space and promoting livable communities, has designed a unique curriculum that can be incorporated into camp, school, and afterschool youth programs. The curriculum, for grades 3-8, consists of five fun, hands-on activities for learning about urban nature, each with a different theme: plants, animals, farms and food, water, and nature in the city. The curriculum is available for free to Bay Area educators. For a bound copy email mailto:info@greenbelt.org or call 415-543-6771, or download a PDF version at http://www.greenbelt.org/resources/reports/.
Cheers!