[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Thoughts on reasonable gun controls

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:03 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:17 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safet ... s-map.html

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:28 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I got news that a Soros company has been buying arms manufacturers, and is shutting them down. Marlin Arms is the last one.
Reasonable gun control is hitting the target. The 80 million households with guns will not tolerate confiscation and well taken care of guns last a very long time. Black powder ones, too.
Then how about all the swords, and knives, numerous poisons, kitchen utensils, 2x4s, hammers, axes, rakes and shovels, other sticks and branches, rocks and fists, teeth and feet, knees and elbows, too?
What does it matter in a world heading toward thermal maximum? A gun could give your family another year or so to live, with rioting cannibals all over. Eat or be eaten, then fry. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 pm 

Well, here we are again.
Another school shooting; more calls to fix this or that.
Mewonders: will there be action this time or will everyone just talk and talk....till the next mass shooting restarts the whole process.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

I have been a gun owner for over half a century, I was a member of the NRA, I had many letters to the editor supporting gun rights over the years, I was presented to some of the NRA at a couple of gun shows as someone whose writing could be used in a wider area, but I left the NRA after they started going against reasonable gun legislation and the responses to the school shootings especially have troubled me.

There is a young lady whom I have known since she was born. Her mom works for ma and wanted to breast feed her daughter. As a result we set up a nursery at work and I saw her every work day. As she grew older we spent time together as I have no grandchildren and she was a close as I may ever get. She asked questions as all children do and being my nature I gave her answers and explained them when I knew. When I didn't know off hand we researched the answer until we were happy with it. Her mom says this is why she has skipped two grades, because she was really in school years before she started. I also taught her to shoot safely and accurately. I taught her about Tannerite and CO2 bombs, which nearly got me called into a parent teacher conference to explain my influence when she commented that some animal pests could be eliminated by merely shooting them with a .22, which would have been my response too.

This young lady gave her first public speaking assignment yesterday and did an excellent job of it too. The issue she researched was school shootings and was decided well before the last incident. I got to read her presentation before she came by work after school. To say that I was moved would be an understatement. It was too close to home for me and when we talked about it I asked if she was concerned over the shootings. She said that she was not because she knew that I was just a few minutes away and that I would kill anyone threatening her. I would do that in a heartbeat too, but I had to tell her that even that close I could not be sure that I would be able to get there quickly although I would be there. That is when I realized just how vulnerable she really was, not just at school but driving down the road and at the mall, just like my children and family was.

I realized that the only way I can protect children is to work to reduce access to guns even more than I have. I am no longer going to limit myself to control of access but will actively support the banning as well. Maybe an increasing threat of banning will move the gun lobby to go to more reasonable based options, but if not I know that banning will be the ultimate end. Hundreds of people are affected by each mass shooting and eventually there will be enough to force a change if the present generation does not do its part. Personally, I have decided to stop my purchase plans for the future and store my current "inventory" until there is a change. I will not try to profit from them and they will remain distributed in my will unless there is some action prior.

The fact that someone like myself has to make such a decision such as this should be something that concerns the gun lobby, especially since Remington is going bankrupt and others are not is very good shape after they lost their "the government is going to take your guns" marketing ploy, but they are blindly following their guns or nothing approach.

I signed my first petition this morning and sent my donation. They should be thanking the gun lobby and the guns or nothing supporters for getting them that donation.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

https://twitter.com/Julia_SCI/status/96 ... 52/photo/1

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

https://twitter.com/ExumAM/status/964614381375053830

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 pm 

I don't like militarized police forces, or chicken shit ones like we saw with the last shooting by a big eared goofball knuckledragger who just by his looks should have been denied the sale of the AR15 he bought. I'm tired of all the PC grabage blaming it on guns, then swords, then knives, then rocks, when it is way too many people and way too much PC garbage. People don't want to look at the elephant in the room causing vastly increasing hostility, anxiety and depression, along with heat gain also adding anger, and the low IQ overbreeding that has dumbed down the average 7 points in 50 years. So low as to be unable to understand carrying capacity or the science of open ocean effect runaway and a methane turnover event. We the people were supposed to be well enough armed to overthrow the government if it became tyrannical, and it is, with not even enforcing immigration laws or the McCarran-Walter Act. Turning into what Ike warned us against with the corporate and special interest bought greedy oligarchy. Now we are on the road to extinction, and trying like hell on the way to not be taken over by the moslem creeps who love to kill all who refuse to submit to their female genital mutilation ways.
Reasonable would be for a saleperson to be able to deny a gun sale to anyone who looks immature or creepy, or for any reason. Raising the age to 21 for guns and voting and going in the service, with a return of the draft for all, even dummies and fatties, and girls for all government work, not just military, would be common sense. Raise requirements to a license and training required, with minimum IQ, and means testing to have a kid. End the jet age and make it so all must use only clean non-emissions power and drive an electric or hybrid, and reduce military practice emissions 90%, too. Get down to a low population of clean living law abiding people living in harmony with themselves and nature. IF we make it through the next decade, by praying for Divine Intervention. This mass insanity needs His help to stop, not disarming good people even more. Good people don't kill those who are not trying to kill them or their loved ones or others they know are also good people. Thieves are not good people, invaders are not good people, polluters and trashers are not good people, and over-breeders are not good, either. Good people do not defend bad people. The cops at that school were not good people, and those trying to take away the ability of others to defend themselves against bad people and bad government are also bad people. A world with only good people is the ideal we should strive toward, in knowledgeable harmony with all of nature and love of God, the Creator. He admonishes the bad and denies them eternal life, I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 am 

Here's something I've been thinking over.....
Bear with me a bit...

It is possible to purchase fully-automatic firearms....
How many of these full-auto guns have been traced to crimes?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 pm 

Well, it's that strictness that's the main point I'm driving at.

This appears to be gun-control that works....
Make the purchase of certain classes of firearms more vigorous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:46 pm 
New User
New User

I'm totally agree about gun controls. That list is just what we need

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am 

SEVENTY % of the Quran is devoted to warfare & political violence, LESS THAN 30% has anything that can even be loosely described as "spiritual".
The Quran & Hadeeth devote 328,000 words to political violence.
The Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) 34,000 words.
The Christian New testament 0 (ZERO). "render to Caesar that which is Caesar's & to God that which is God's - Jesus also spoke of “turning the other cheek & ...he opened not his mouth".
Quran 9,14 - "Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, he will lay them low & give you victory over them".
Quran 9,123 - "Fight the unbelievers who are near you & treat them harshly".
As a proportion of the two texts, the Quran contains 3 times more anti-Jew hate-speech than Hitler's book 'Mein Kampf'.
Muslims currently murder more people EACH YEAR "in the name of allah" than the Spanish Inquisition killed in all 360 years of its existence (over 9000 - Spanish National Archive).
Muslims currently murder more people EACH DAY "in the name of allah" than the Ku Klux Klan has killed in the past 60 YEARS.
In the 1400 years of its existence Islam has genocidally killed an estimated 270 MILLION people including:
ONE HUNDRED MILLION Africans.
EIGHTY MILLION Hindus.
THIRTY MILLION Christians.
TEN MILLION Buddhists.
This makes Islam the most genocidal belief system in human history. Communism 2nd (140 million); Nazism 3rd (20 million).
Way of the moslem conquest; Be meek and deceptive first, until you gather enough power, then unsheathe the sword. It worked then and it is working today.