EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mental illness
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:09 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

So many artists/philosophers/poets/ great people of the past had what is deemed as mental illness. They reckon schizoid personalities include Charles Darwin, Isaac Asimov, Bobby Fisher, Sigmund Freud, Stephen Hawking, Alfred Hitchcock, Bill gates, Karl Marx, Isaac Newton.

People with depression/ manic depression or the more politically correct term bi/polar.

http://www.geocities.com/coverbridge2k/ ... ssion.html

Now it seems to me give a human with stable mind and average intellect an easy life/ pamper them feed them and basically meet all their instinctual needs then they have no want or desire to create or project.

Whereas let loose on reality a person that is beyond the normal mindset then we may find explosive results.

Bi-polar let me tell you gives the person an extreme on both sides of the reality spectrum. When down soaks up the darkness like a sponge but then the darkness in the sponge turns to light and the high squeezes that sponge like billy-ho.

And we find out of that lightness/release comes genius like Van gogh. Depression is a death of the mind and soul but the high that follows is like a newborn, colours seen as vibrant like they ought to be, more so than the mortal of more stable mind; The miracle of life, mind. The high reality is so cutting and fine it inspires great creations that the former depressed soul could not achieve.

Without insanity we would never have these great masterpieces/ inventions/ mathematical formulae.

And what is insanity?

Psychiatry in 10 years time will look back on itself as being in the dark ages.

Also their rules have no regard or compromise for those who have experienced that which defies science. For psychiatry is a branch of science which must keep its boundaries of thinking well within the common sense 5 sense limitations.

Willian Blake great visionary what would the shrinkheads have done to him?

Without 'mental illness' this world would be alot more ignorant for it is the minorities darkness that results in the norms lightness.

This like all my posts is off the top of my head. So be kind to me. :wink: