[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Would you like some creme with that?

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:38 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Well, the 15th was the day for all them 'tea-party' thingies.

I really haven't followed the biz all that close, I didn't think it'd amount to much and frankly, it seemed to be so drummed up by the far right it held no interest for me.

But, I've heard more then a little mention of it at a few sites I peeked in at. How much is a small crowd trying to make big noise, I can't tell at this point.

Anyone else hear anything? What's happening? Is this a real movement to take note of, or are we just hearing some whining from some who don't like the world as it is?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am 

Please... a feeble attempt by Fox News to pump up their own ratings by sponsoring these bogus tea parties. Good article on it here: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/10/fox ... rty-video/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 am 

Well, I'm not certain I agree with many of the views expressed on that site, Josh, but from the moment I first heard of the tea-party stuff, it seemed forced: a movement in search of folks to join.

I remember right before the election, meeting a person or two who seemed adamant the polls showing Obama leading were all wrong, because they believed there was some vast, unaccounted population just waiting to step forward and return america back to.....well, whatever they wanted it returned to. (Not Mccain and Palin, I remember hoping back then).

I wonder how many of those folk are now making up this get-together.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:31 am 

Hey, if you're ok with Obama, et al, running up this country's deficits to previously unheard of levels without any possiblitly of paying those enourmous debts off, go ahead and think that way. I don't like the way the gov't is spending my money and think the course we're on is going to bankrupt this country and turn us, our children, and our children's children into heavily tax burdened slaves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am 

At the very least, it's a program with a time-tested tradition. :wink:

Whadda think, Siber? Who were the people going to these tea-parties? Was the right-wingers simply trying to drum-up support from the cowed and enslaved masses?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 am 

Did you actually attend, Siber?
How many people were there?

Personally, I'm still trying to get my brain around the tea-parties: I shall ask at work if anyone went to one.

I'm trying to give Obama the benefit of the doubt for his first year.

He is making it hard, however. #-o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:33 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 am 

One site estimated the one in Atlanta at 20,000.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:47 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:29 pm 

Mothy, you're getting messages direct from God?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:45 pm 

He's one up on me, Road.
I have to wait for e-mails....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 am 

Hey look Josh, its not from FOX! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:34 am