[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Is There a Doctor in the House?

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Any of you characters know anything about aneurysms?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 pm 

I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm 

I would have, but it's still under construction here ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:52 pm 

I'll look. I'm trying to learn if someone who has been treated for aneurysms in the past can develop them again, and if so, what the likelihood is?

Update: I looked at the website, but it didn't go into anything that would answer the question above. Yup, WebMD, here I come ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:19 pm 

I cannot help further here, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm 

Thanks for trying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:20 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:15 pm 

There were a couple of them inside my skull back in 1994. They were treated and resolved back then without complication. Subsequent examinations confirmed this. End of story.

For whatever reason, I'm just curious as to whether I am more susceptible to the development of more simply because I've had them previously? Do I have any reason to think I have more? No. Fact is, I'm just curious.

As far as getting together with a doctor regarding this, I simply don't think tying up a doctor's time to have this question addressed is worthwhile. And, because those who treated me back in 1994 are not longer with us (they passed away), I don't want some nosy local sawbones looking at this as a means to pay for a new swimming pool in his backyard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm 

Well, if you're prone, you're prone, no? Aging won't help but lifestyle changes and good treatment might. Not that it's any of my business, but are there other conditions at play here--medical or physical--that increase risk?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm 

I know there are things I do that probably aren't in the best interests of my overall health, but these are choices I make for myself. Many of the symptoms of aneurysms are such they cannot be detected by one's self. However, a few are and I'll learn more as time passes. There again, it's important to me to learn whether I'm more prone to the redevelopment of aneurytic conditions simply because I've had them in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm 

You mean one of those theoretical, yet-to-be-observed, ultra-rare "zippers" where a vessel splits almost the entire length of one's body? :D[/quote]

Err, uhm .... yeah, like that. :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm 

Does that mean I would be "open" to suggestion?