[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - ode to health care

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ode to health care
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lynn-david ... -us-media-

Since healthcare has come up....

Post subject: Re: ode to health care
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:26 pm 

Let's look on the bright side. This will lead to folks making healthier life choices. :-k :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm 

I told my brother, after his first heart attack, he was going to have to start making healthy choice. He went out and ordered two bigmacs.

It's like telling people they shouldn't smoke: most aren't going to stop becuase they're told it's unhealthy. Most people won't start making healthy choices because it's expensive not to do so. If they believed that; they wouldn't have made the unhealthy choices in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:50 pm 

I take a pretty simple view of the whole debate...

1) How much choice will I be allowed? Can I opt out or will everyone be required to pay in, whether they use it or not?
2) HOW MUCH WILL MY TAXES RISE? Nearly 50% of my income, like in France? I will literally be unable to make ends meet if that happens, Animal-friendly.....millions of others are in the same boat. I haven't been to a doctor in maybe 20 years......probably longer. Would I had to pay all that time, even if I'd never used the system? Could I get that money back, to spend it the way I wanted, rather then the way someone sitting in a office in D.C thinks I need to spend it?

I don't believe for a second more goverment will make things better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:37 pm 

Something around 20-25% now. They take another quarter, like in france and I can't put food on the table, Animal-friendly: same prob millions in the U>S would have.

At least I'd be assured I could get my teeth cleaned, right? :-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:18 am 

[quote="Iowanic"]Something around 20-25% now. They take another quarter (as in GNP), like in France and I can't put food on the table, Animal-friendly: same prob millions in the U>S would have.

At least I'd be assured I could get my teeth cleaned, right? :-[/quote

Yeah, I am not a huge money maker either and therefore not a huge contributer. Yet others are. I love the work I do though ..,.. and believe I am making quite a contribution. And then, there are those who are contributing quite a business contribution and still making a splash!... it all evens out! So you can do the work you love, and still have medical? Can you still have dental?

Sweet Iowa '... why should some have medical treatment while some do not? How do you pay for medical? How do you pay ... for medical and dental? I live in Canada .... we pay in a group ... as if we re all considerate of each other ..... It's the same premise. We are all needing to be considerate of each other ... isn't such a stance normal and considerate?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 am 

If I have a medical problem, I'm responsible to pay for it: not my next door neabors. Nor Should I have to give up a extra 25% of my paycheck to pay for their health-problems.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:38 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:28 am 

There are many ways to pay for it, as it should be.....let each individual be responsible for his own care: If I don't wish to give into a goverment-run program; then I shouldn't have to.

I'm the one who earnedthe money; I should be allowed to spend it on my own health-care, the way I want. Not have someone in Washington D.C telling me how I should be spending my money.

Some people think a goverment-tended system works best? Fine; let them pay for it. leave my money to be spend the way I want.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 pm 

Well, I don't drink, smoke or gamble, so those mean nothing. Gasoline tax bites....but I do have the option of how much I want to use therein and what for. State taxes bit, but at least the monies are kept local; where I have a say in how there spent.

How much will my tax burden increase under Obama's medicine-show? More then I need.

I just want some say in whether I pay into it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm 

So; if I understand you right....
Either I must pay something or....

I will have to pay something.

There's a work of genius for ya.....