EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bonfire night
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

In England we have this 'celebration' of building a bonfire and throwing an effigy of Guy Fawkes onto it.

Who would you throw onto it and why?

I would toss quite happily Tony Blair onto it for his lies about weapons of mass destruction that led to the murder of hundreds and thousands of Iraqians in the invasion while he claims 6000 pounds per minute in speeches. The little grinning git! Burn you bug#ger!

Post subject: Re: Bonfire night
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:39 pm 

Hmmm....let me think....

Dang: I can't think of someone I'd like to toss in a fire offhand.

Why do they toss fauks? I always thought he was considered a bit of a folk-hero in some circles....anti-royality and all that....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:01 am 

mothy wrote:
In England we have this 'celebration' of building a bonfire and throwing an effigy of Guy Fawkes onto it.

I would toss quite happily Tony Blair onto it for his lies about weapons of mass destruction that led to the murder of hundreds and thousands of Iraqians in the invasion while he claims 6000 pounds per minute in speeches. The little grinning git! Burn you bug#ger!

Bonfires should be outlawed for producing totally unnecessary CO2!!!
Obviously Blair is overpaid. The Iraqi deaths are a drop in the bucket to the 6 billion over sustainable world population(with sustainability accelerating downward and at .83B right now). The 85 million gain per year should be turned to an added 200 million deaths per year, to reach sustainability before mass death of 95% of the population with the bad overbreeders dragging down the greens with them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:24 pm 

Mothy:

Are marshmellows roasted during these bonfires? 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm 

Iowanic wrote:
Mothy:

Are marshmellows roasted during these bonfires? 8)

Black cinder may cause severe heartburn Iowanic. Spuds I say yes glorious spuds. Placed beneath the bonfire for a shortwhile yummy. I've always had a soft spot for Guy Fawkes. Never thrown an effigy of him on the flames of destruction.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:53 pm 

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
mothy wrote:

Bonfires should be outlawed for producing totally unnecessary CO2!!!
Obviously Blair is overpaid. The Iraqi deaths are a drop in the bucket to the 6 billion over sustainable world population(with sustainability accelerating downward and at .83B right now). The 85 million gain per year should be turned to an added 200 million deaths per year, to reach sustainability before mass death of 95% of the population with the bad overbreeders dragging down the greens with them.

lol.

Badoverbreeders cost the tax payer far too much and with the junk food they eat probs emit more methane into the earths atmosphere than most of the cows. During the industrial age why didn't this global warming start then? The Thames froze at Windsor in 1963.

This earth can sustain far more humans if everyone turned vegan and the fields used to feed cattle were to be used to feed humans.

The biggest culprit of negative emissions are the oceans followed by volcanoes.