[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Dinner Plans?

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dinner Plans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Gutter cleaning night ... just had the best sweet tea and some turkey and provalone sandwiches with tomato and mayo before I started. Found a neat rat skull in one gutter. Not sure if one of the hawks stopped to eat there or what, but there were no other bones in the area.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Hello, its been a while since I been here, hope all is well.
Our dinner was take out pizza, the kind you bake yourself at home. Really yummy.
I've been collecting pieces and parts of our upcoming Christmas dinner.
Roast Pork and Duck are on the menu, good old fashioned green bean casserole, potatoes, stuffing and colorful salad. The rest will be brought by family and it always turns out to be a nice spread. Everyone is so busy though it's kinda like a wedding. Prep, prep, prep, they show up it's a whirlwind and then their gone.

What happened to an old fashioned Christmas... oh well, makes for a nice relaxing evening in front of the tree.

What are your Christmas dinner plans?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Well, will wonders never cease and ceases never wonder. Nice to see you around.

Christmas is all screwed up this year. The kids will be here the 21st for present opening but not for Christmas itself. We have made arrangements to have the negihbor next door join us for Christmas dinner on the 25th since she will be here this year. I am thinking we will go out for Thai.

Dinner last night was delivery pizza left over from the night before when the kids were here to put up the tree and decorate it. Tonight was chicken breast stuffed with cranberries and provalone and served with glazed carrots.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Well that sounds great, almost better than my Papa Murphy's Delite pizza.
I just didn't feel like cooking tonite, and it is soooooooo cold, I was at the floral shop where i will be selling my gift baskets now and will work one day a week. When I came out it had turned bitterly cold, and the hot pizza sounded so good, I could not resist. My car went on auto pilot and turned in the lot before I could say.....hmmm better not say it.
Got home and immediately made a hot cup of orange spice tea ymmmmmmmmmm, so warming and good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

It was great. The cranberries give it just the right amount of zip. Not very cold here. I was sweating this weekend putting up Christmas lights and decorations in a tee shirt. My older son started on his deck and worked all day saturday without a shirt becuas ehe was so hot.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Dinner tonight...hmmmmmmm
Looking for new ideas everyone. Will you please share???
I am also building my site and want new recipes for my Blog "Whats for dinner".
Please share, please help, sometimes I am perplexed for new ideas. :problem: If your worried about where your recipes might be seen you can take a look here.

I would be honored to have you share your ideas. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Dinner was take out cheese steak subs while we tried to make sense of the news reports from Sandy Hook Elementary ...... they are usually terrific, but barely noticed the taste for some reason.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Yeah, kinda takes your appetite away...it's such a crazy world we're in.

Today I am sorting through old recipe's of my Moms. (she passed away nearly 3 years ago) I am putting together some recipe albums where I will display some of our family favorite recipes for my family members. I will photo copy what I can in her own handwriting and place it on top of some nice patterned papers. Some of the recipes are so well loved that I'm not sure how they will copy...Those will be reproduced.

Not sure about dinner tonight yet. Hubby's on the mountain like every Saturday, and I'll be in the studio photo copying my fingers to the bone, so it will be something easy. Tacos might be the ticket, I can make those with record speed, especially when I have left over roasted chicken, like today, which brings us to last nights dinner.
It was shopping day yesterday at Costco. They make awesome roasted chickens, that I bring home and pop in the oven, at dinner I make like I chased that chicken down and rang his neck, before the head chopping and the plucking...
Well anyway I popped it in the oven with big potatoes that were roasting, I then sauteed onion, garlic and sun dried tomatoes and added a drained can of green beans. It was Delish. Today hubby had chicken for his sandwich in his packed lunch and I have meat for the tacos. And that little chicken only cost 4.99, shhh don't tell anyone it will mar damage my plucking image.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

We have two neighbors now who "raid" our rosemary plants for their chicken recipes. Not that it is a problem since there is more than enough for the entire neighborhood, but it is funny how they have become addicted to fresh herbs for cooking. One plant is beside a light pole I decorate with a lighted garland and I am reeking of rosemary by the time I put it up of take it down. The garland still smells of it a little the next year after being stored all summer.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:29 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 am 

Sorry for the heavy folks ..... I love a good picnic but ..... maybe posting to a new or different thread might work a little better. Food is good! Carry on .... if you mustard with relish.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:50 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

hmmmmmmm OK...1st of all this is a thread about food. So that's what I came here to talk about.
Do people who condemn others ever stop to think that they may not understand what the others may have gone through. Do they understand the contributions these people may make in their communities even though they do not feel the need to come here and brag about it. Well I am not here to preach to people about how to treat others, but I can say that when we choose to have nothing left to enjoy we are wasting our time, and quite possibly the time of others.

Even in times of grief, we were meant to find JOY when and where we can.
Even in times of grief there are still body's to nourish, elders to care for, volunteer work to do, food to cook and yes possibly even gutters to clean...
OMG

Oh by the way, hopefully this won't insult anyone, but we had meatballs, rice and cauliflower for dinner, very good too.
We had this meal while visiting family at my mother in laws house. I am so grateful for my husbands family as my whole immediate family has died of cancer. My mother, father, and sister. I am grateful for what I have. I also really enjoy carrying on the recipes in memory of my mother who made us all feel warmly welcome with her smile, laughter and comfort food. She's my hero.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next