EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Stress will wilt as this guy shows his talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPPOpWBMFx4

Bob Ross, another envaluable human lost to this callous reality. His memories and actions live on.

Always say goodbye to a loved person as if it was the last goodbye, even to a stranger.

Mothy.

When grown man can weep over the plight of a vulnerable chicken and expand this experience into his psyche then we will awake into another level of consciousness

Mothy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
mothy wrote:
When grown man can weep over the plight of a vulnerable chicken and expand this experience into his psyche then we will awake into another level of consciousness


Indeed. It's called anthropomorphism. What good it serves is, well, up to the one experiencing it. Beyond that, not much.

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Fosgate wrote:
mothy wrote:
When grown man can weep over the plight of a vulnerable chicken and expand this experience into his psyche then we will awake into another level of consciousness


Indeed. It's called anthropomorphism. What good it serves is, well, up to the one experiencing it. Beyond that, not much.[/quote
]
Spectators control the pantomime.

Christmas is like marriage a kind of entrapment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:58 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
mothy wrote:
Spectators control the pantomime.

Christmas is like marriage a kind of entrapment.


Spending time with friends and family is entrapment? This time of year I usually spend with folks I don't see too often. I don't do it because I feel that I have to or because others do. It's just something I and many others like doing, despite the time of year. We've at least one atheist, a homosexual or two, and even interracial couples. That's just family. The friends list is even more diversified.

You honestly think if we were all vegetarian/vegan that the unconditional love we feel for each other would be enhanced? Personally, I don't see it making a whit of difference.

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Fosgate wrote:
mothy wrote:
Spectators control the pantomime.

Christmas is like marriage a kind of entrapment.


Spending time with friends and family is entrapment? This time of year I usually spend with folks I don't see too often. I don't do it because I feel that I have to or because others do. It's just something I and many others like doing, despite the time of year. We've at least one atheist, a homosexual or two, and even interracial couples. That's just family. The friends list is even more diversified.

You honestly think if we were all vegetarian/vegan that the unconditional love we feel for each other would be enhanced? Personally, I don't see it making a whit of difference.



If you have a heavy conscience about something the conscience must be cleared for the mental purity of the bearer. A selfish act?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob Ross
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
mothy wrote:
If you have a heavy conscience about something the conscience must be cleared for the mental purity of the bearer. A selfish act?


Sounds that way. But then, selfish acts aren't necessarily a bad thing either.

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group