[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - What a waste ....

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: What a waste ....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:20 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/loch-n ... -1-2373903

THOUSANDS of American school pupils are to be taught that the Loch Ness monster is real – in an attempt by religious teachers to disprove Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.

Pupils attending privately-run Christian schools in the southern state of Louisiana will learn from textbooks next year, which claim Scotland’s most famous mythological beast is a living creature.

Thousands of children are to receive publicly-funded vouchers enabling them to attend the schools – which follow a strict fundamentalist curriculum.

The Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) programme teaches controversial religious beliefs, aimed at disproving evolution and proving creationism.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject: Re: What a waste ....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I took my last 3 years of high school via ACE home/church school system (the idea is to utilize empty churches as schools during the week). The system is well designed but of course has very biased content. This is a strange angle that fundamentalists are taking in their fight against evolutionist theories. Basically, if dinosaurs still existed in recent history, then evolutionists are wrong in their time-lines for extinctions. Of course that really proves nothing because evolution does not require extinctions, only new species. The rocks with dinosaurs carved in them (with human figures too) found in South America seem to be the main push of this attempt. Pampas grass is the only remaining grass similar to the tree-sized grass found in the age of the dinosaurs and sure enough, it is only found in South America close to where these rocks were originally found. Even if these rocks are authentic, a pocket of dinosaurs living on Pampas grass until recently can fit quite nicely in current evolutionist theory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 am 

They don't call them coon asses for nothin'.

What would you do? "Indoctrinate" them with science that they don't want to hear? You know, I like education. I encourage it. However, there seems to be angst among the educated in accepting the right of others to remain stupid.

Last edited by Fosgate on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:27 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am 

There is more than enough difference between the higher spectrum and lower spectrum of IQ to warrant speciation in a perfect world. Actually the ones that can truly understand sustainability and ecology, and live that way, are in the top minority, getting dragged down toward the crash and thermageddon with the rest of the coon asses of the world.
My IQ is 58 points above the average illegal alien, and his is only 40 points above a chimpanzee. To me, most people are like a different species that has similar outward looks, but is as easy to communicate with as a rock. I like racoons better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 pm 

I believe that about half of the 700 miracles reported daily are real and the rest delusions.
I had two happen to my wife and I upon return to my mountain cabin in AZ in 1987 after my Dad's funeral.
The first was crossing a creek with spray that made a rainbow which came right through the cab of my truck with windows closed. The second was standing out on the deck watching a double sunset. One sun with another just to the side and above setting at once from over 10* up to full sunset, about a half hour.
The laws of optics/physics were disrupted for our benefit to know my father was with Our Father in Heaven. I wonder how many times He has interceded in my life, disrupting the very laws He created, just to keep me alive. I came out of being shot at hundreds of times, and going down to a crash after being hit in the transmission, and living when only 10% did under those circumstances. My 16 years of sobriety are a testament to His Power, not mine.
I do not know if He will use His Power to correct human overpopulation and CAGW for an easy letdown. From what I have seen and heard of miracles, He suspends His Laws for groups and individuals, some times. He had the power to create the "Big Bang" and all the Laws of Science and Nature, and still has that power. Humanity in general has not replenished the Earth as He wanted. They have acted with sinful lust and greed, without caring for future children and other living things. He has good reason not to use His Power to change what His Laws will do. In 3 million years, there will be a healthy biosphere again.
We won't know until we achieve Heaven, for at least some of it. Some of us here will be alive in 2050 for the crash, but none alive now will be here for AETM in a thousand years or more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next