EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 pm 
New User
New User

Bro-hoof

I think this show is awesome and funny. It's pretty average overall, but better and more original than a lot of other things that are on TV

My favorite character is Twilight Sparkle because she's smart, headstrong, and caring. I also like Fluttershy because she's really nice.

I've seen most episodes as they are all online and the parodies PONY.MOV and Friendship is Witchcraft.

Anyone else a fan?

"In My view, all that is necessary for faith is the belief that by doing our best we shall come nearer to success and that success in our aims (the improvement of the lot of mankind, present and future) is worth attaining."- ROSALIND FRANKLIN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

I am less interested in the show as much as in the method of funding. Because it is based on a marketed toy franchise, the episodes are already paid for with advertising budget before they are made. The difference with the new MLP is they hired some of the best animation industry professionals to make it instead of slapping anything together with the product on screen like so many of the failed franchises have done in the past. You find them still on YouTube because they are already paid for and the income from being on TV or DVD sales is minimal compared to the increased hype and toy sales of popularity of the series (which is helped by being still on YouTube). Now if I can only figure out why girls like ponies so much, I might be able to get a new toy franchise started to make a TV show about (about something other then ponies of course).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am 
New User
New User

Brohoof, eh? Many of my friends love it. It's a heartwarming tale of love, loss, friendship. And I bought many bro hoof products, including mugs & shirts. O:)