EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:01 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20530
Location: Southeastern US
TruVenom wrote:
I got a 1997 Humvee. I t was one that the military was rotating off of the overseas bases and they gave them to different state agencies. I bought mine for $10,000 and it had less the 30,000 miles on it then!!!


That would be a ride that could take you nearly anywhere you wanted to go too ....

I almost bought one that had been rebuilt and modified for a Hollywood series project as a "police cruiser" with tons of lights and a killer sound system, but I would have had to ship it in from Nevada and deal with which of the lights could legally remain on the vehicle so I decided not to. I kick myself now, as it was a multi-fuel with a snorkel with an expanded battery capacity and all new rubber for $11,500.00. They sent me pictures of it in the desert at night with ALL of the lights on .... think about Close Encounters type space ship ... :wink:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:55 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:
Holy crap that is retro. My brother in law had one of these way back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/07/20/dodg ... auto-show/


If it weren't a Chrysler product....yes. Give me the new Mustang any day... :wink:


I see Grace isn't the only one with good taste in vehicles. Those new Mustangs are in a class of their own.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:41 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
wijim wrote:
the challenger is awesome looking cept the fog lights look kida small n silly on that big barren front clip.


I don't think they're fog lights. My '72 'Cuda had them and they were blinkers. The 'Cuda was the Plymouth version of the Dodge Challenger...at least from 1970 and up.

wijim wrote:
but other than that...that big hemi oughta scream. (what is it 6.3 liter?) is it going to production? or just built as a possibility? last i saw n read on it was months ago.


6.1 L hemi, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, from what I've managed to find. Don't know if it's headed to production or not. I like the new Mustangs too. They're totally awesome. If I can find a good used GMC Syclone, I'll blow both both their doors off. :twisted:

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:46 pm 
Fosgate wrote:
wijim wrote:
the challenger is awesome looking cept the fog lights look kida small n silly on that big barren front clip.


I don't think they're fog lights. My '72 'Cuda had them and they were blinkers. The 'Cuda was the Plymouth version of the Dodge Challenger...at least from 1970 and up.

wijim wrote:
but other than that...that big hemi oughta scream. (what is it 6.3 liter?) is it going to production? or just built as a possibility? last i saw n read on it was months ago.


6.1 L hemi, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, from what I've managed to find. Don't know if it's headed to production or not. I like the new Mustangs too. They're totally awesome. If I can find a good used GMC Syclone, I'll blow both both their doors off. :twisted:


We considered getting a new GTO for the performance, but the styling of it is just...unfortunate. GM has been making a lot of missteps lately.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
RF wrote:
We considered getting a new GTO for the performance, but the styling of it is just...unfortunate. GM has been making a lot of missteps lately.

Couldn't agree more.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:42 pm 
Archer wrote:
RF wrote:
We considered getting a new GTO for the performance, but the styling of it is just...unfortunate. GM has been making a lot of missteps lately.

Couldn't agree more.


I don't know what led to the decision to drop the F-body. And what's more, with Ford selling retro-Mustangs seemingly fast as they can make them...where's the retro-Camaro? Didn't GM have any good corporate spies?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:28 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
RF wrote:
I don't know what led to the decision to drop the F-body. And what's more, with Ford selling retro-Mustangs seemingly fast as they can make them...where's the retro-Camaro? Didn't GM have any good corporate spies?


There <i>is</i> a concept Camaro, but it isn't near as "retro" as the new Mustangs or the Challenger. I don't know much about it but I do think it is UHH-gly.

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 am 
Fosgate wrote:
RF wrote:
I don't know what led to the decision to drop the F-body. And what's more, with Ford selling retro-Mustangs seemingly fast as they can make them...where's the retro-Camaro? Didn't GM have any good corporate spies?


There <i>is</i> a concept Camaro, but it isn't near as "retro" as the new Mustangs or the Challenger. I don't know much about it but I do think it is UHH-gly.


I saw GM's concept Camaro. You're right...not very retro, and ugly to boot. Maybe ugly as a result of the designer's fear to go too retro and so coming up with a mongrel mix, or too many corporate hands in the design mix. I don't really know...but I do know it sucks. They better keep it as a concept only. There is a kid getting some attention for designing a much better version.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:28 am 
I say bring out a real first gen Camaro with updated drivetrain and amenities. What the hey...they have little to lose at this point.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:38 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
RF wrote:
I say bring out a real first gen Camaro with updated drivetrain and amenities. What the hey...they have little to lose at this point.


Exactly. I'm not real impressed with the new camaro either. At least everyone is starting to make some cars with more muscle again. They've been kind of dissapointing for a good while.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group